There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Refs at Seattle game

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by WINiner:
NOBODY said the refs were the reason we lost. I have not seen ONE single post saying that. People are posting that the refs contributed to the loss and that is correct. People are saying that the refs have unfairly contributed to Seattles record which is also proven and correct.

If you wanna like them so much then do, but at least read the stinking thread. One can feel Seattle beat us yet still expect the game to be officiated properly, even in a loss.

Its a joke to beleive in any way shape or form that the refs influenced the outcome of this game. Its a joke. We got curb stomped man. Simple as that. The only thing that can be said is that the refs let two division rivals play the physical game that they BOTH like and WANT to play.

Rofl chose not to see all you want. Seattle's defense is clearly allowed to play in a manner most other teams are not. Their defenders committed far worse infractions than for example the Brown PI, yet the refs pocket their whistles. Their defense is allowed the benefit of the doubt when they play far beyond the whistle because it is soooooo GD loud, but refs are quick to flag our guys for plays that pale in severity of time after 1st whistle.

Their o-line mauls d-linmen nearly every time Wilson scrambles but are not called for the hold. The way refs call Seattle games and the way they call nearly all other games differs. There is a clear difference and anyone who claims different just isn't paying attention or watches too much Redzone. Harbugh had questions after our 1st game earlier this season for a reason.

If we are going to be physical and pocket the whistles in Seattle games fine then do it, but don't call it one way for one team and another for the other is all im saying.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Im not going to argue with the guy who was saying basically that something needs to be done about their loud stadium because it is unfair. We lost man. We lost bad. Time to get over it.

And harbaugh complains about everything the refs do, period. What else is new? In fact its quite unbecoming and it doesnt help him nor the team.

Where in there did I say anything about it being unfair how loud it is.What I am saying is if it takes 10 freaking seconds for the play to end after whistle when they are on D, then allow the same for our team when the tables are turned. Noise levels should have nothing to do with officiating and to allow them to affect the officiating of a game does indeed give an unfair advantage, not to mention an unsafe work environment for the players.

I don't see it as an issue in Minn., known for being loud. Don't see it as an issue in NO., known for being loud and raucous. Never remember it being an issue in KC, known for being a tough place to play historically due to their crowd. Why should things be different all the sudden for Seattle? Why should games be call lopsidedly now?

The advantage of having a loud crowd is affecting an offenses ability to communicate, not to also alter the way a game is officiated. Rules are rules and each team should be expected to adhere to them in the same manner during any particular contest.

Edit: BTW I am way over that loss. It was one game, the season is more than a singular game. Losing that game should make the team better prepared going forward.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM ]
Rofl chose not to see all you want. Seattle's defense is clearly allowed to play in a manner most other teams are not. Their defenders committed far worse infractions than for example the Brown PI, yet the refs pocket their whistles. Their defense is allowed the benefit of the doubt when they play far beyond the whistle because it is soooooo GD loud, but refs are quick to flag our guys for plays that pale in severity of time after 1st whistle.

Their o-line mauls d-linmen nearly every time Wilson scrambles but are not called for the hold. The way refs call Seattle games and the way they call nearly all other games differs. There is a clear difference and anyone who claims different just isn't paying attention or watches too much Redzone. Harbugh had questions after our 1st game earlier this season for a reason.

If we are going to be physical and pocket the whistles in Seattle games fine then do it, but don't call it one way for one team and another for the other is all im saying.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Apparently, there are some who think the Niners get away with holding too...
(I just happened to run across this on SoSH and remembered the thread here)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2012/film-room-packers-niners
The Niners execute stunts better than any defense in the NFL. Even when the offense knows it's coming, it can't always stop it. San Francisco's secret? Holding. They have a pair of top-tier defensive ends in Justin Smith, arguably the best 3-4 lineman in the league right now, and Ray McDonald, one of the game's most underrated players. Those guys are taught to grab the left outside of the offensive guard's jersey or the right inside of the tackle's jersey. The umpire and referee, who are tasked with holding on the interior line, often can't see this –- there is too much congestion in the middle of that action. They are standing in the backfield, and can't see through the offensive linemen to get a look at the defensive end's hands. The grabbing prevents the blockers from getting over quickly enough to pick up the stunting blitzer.
Where in there did I say anything about it being unfair how loud it is.What I am saying is if it takes 10 freaking seconds for the play to end after whistle when they are on D, then allow the same for our team when the tables are turned. Noise levels should have nothing to do with officiating and to allow them to affect the officiating of a game does indeed give an unfair advantage, not to mention an unsafe work environment for the players.

I don't see it as an issue in Minn., known for being loud. Don't see it as an issue in NO., known for being loud and raucous. Never remember it being an issue in KC, known for being a tough place to play historically due to their crowd. Why should things be different all the sudden for Seattle? Why should games be call lopsidedly now?

The advantage of having a loud crowd is affecting an offenses ability to communicate, not to also alter the way a game is officiated. Rules are rules and each team should be expected to adhere to them in the same manner during any particular contest.

You said so in the NFL thread you recomended i go to.

And its not differant for seattle, you are just grasping at straws trying to find a reason as to why we got stomped in Seattle. It is no differant, we just got stomped by a team that at this point and time is quite possibly the superior team.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Apparently, there are some who think the Niners get away with holding too...
(I just happened to run across this on SoSH and remembered the thread here)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2012/film-room-packers-niners
The Niners execute stunts better than any defense in the NFL. Even when the offense knows it's coming, it can't always stop it. San Francisco's secret? Holding. They have a pair of top-tier defensive ends in Justin Smith, arguably the best 3-4 lineman in the league right now, and Ray McDonald, one of the game's most underrated players. Those guys are taught to grab the left outside of the offensive guard's jersey or the right inside of the tackle's jersey. The umpire and referee, who are tasked with holding on the interior line, often can't see this –- there is too much congestion in the middle of that action. They are standing in the backfield, and can't see through the offensive linemen to get a look at the defensive end's hands. The grabbing prevents the blockers from getting over quickly enough to pick up the stunting blitzer.

Whats yer point? How does that at all add to the discussion at hand? EVERY team in the NFL does exactly what Smith does there. Watch a Giants game, watch a Ravens game. Watch a ........Seahawks game and you will see the same move.

Not at all in the same book as what this discussion is about. Add something meaningful or move along to your neon puke green home forums.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM ]

You said so in the NFL thread you recomended i go to.

And its not differant for seattle, you are just grasping at straws trying to find a reason as to why we got stomped in Seattle. It is no differant, we just got stomped by a team that at this point and time is quite possibly the superior team.

Umm please don't assume you know me or how a team I am not a member of, losing in a city 2.5k miles away, which affects my daily life in 0 fashion, effects me in any way shape or form.

I was upset we lost for like 3 hours. To continue to insinuate that I am somehow distraught and grasping at any little lifeline is insulting and any further mention will be an effort to incite and will be reported as such.

For the record since you seem incapable of looking back in this thread. Seattle beat the Niners, not the refs. Seattle was the better team that night and may indeed be the better team going forward as time will tell. I don't believe that, but it is a possibility. I do dislike the Niners losing to Seattle. I do dislike their team, many of their players, and their head coach.

I also dislike the Giants. I dislike the Niners losing to the Giants. The Giants were the better team when we lost to them this season, and in the NFCCG as the score does indicate. I didn't participate in "ref" threads nor make any of the claims I have in this thread after either of those losses. Hmmm....

I did participate in a thread like that after the 2nd Rams game cause guess what? The refs screwed the pooch in that game as well giving the Rams 2 free points.

See the common theme here?
Umm please don't assume you know me or how a team I am not a member of, losing in a city 2.5k miles away, which affects my daily life in 0 fashion, effects me in any way shape or form.

I was upset we lost for like 3 hours. To continue to insinuate that I am somehow distraught and grasping at any little lifeline is insulting and any further mention will be an effort to incite and will be reported as such.

For the record since you seem incapable of looking back in this thread. Seattle beat the Niners, not the refs. Seattle was the better team that night and may indeed be the better team going forward as time will tell. I don't believe that, but it is a possibility. I do dislike the Niners losing to Seattle. I do dislike their team, many of their players, and their head coach.

I also dislike the Giants. I dislike the Niners losing to the Giants. The Giants were the better team when we lost to them this season, and in the NFCCG as the score does indicate. I didn't participate in "ref" threads nor make any of the claims I have in this thread after either of those losses. Hmmm....

I did participate in a thread like that after the 2nd Rams game cause guess what? The refs screwed the pooch in that game as well giving the Rams 2 free points.

I havent assumed anything other than what you yourself have posted in this thread as well as the hate seahawks thread. I have incited nothing. You are attempting to put words into my mouth which i have not said.

I never even responded to one of your posts until you came in and suggested that i post in the NFL discussion thread because you felt i wasnt talking enough about the refs. I dont think the refs had any bearing on the outcome of this game, and in fact think they called a pretty good game, letting two division rivals battle it out

LisaTwelve posted about the niners being called out for holding on the dline early in the season, in what i beleive was an attempt to show that any and every team could be nitpicked to death as far as no calls, and every team can be nitpicked to death for apparent grey area advantages being used, but not called. Then when her/his narative doesnt meet your standards you state that she is adding nothing to the discussion and should go back to the seahak forums.

Since you no longer wish to have a conversation, i will no longer have a conversation with you about this. Im sorry if you took anything i said as inciting. That as not my intention in any shape or form, but your not exactly keeping things civil yourself.
We came out flat! Hard road games back to back

I havent assumed anything other than what you yourself have posted in this thread as well as the hate seahawks thread. I have incited nothing. You are attempting to put words into my mouth which i have not said.

I never even responded to one of your posts until you came in and suggested that i post in the NFL discussion thread because you felt i wasnt talking enough about the refs. I dont think the refs had any bearing on the outcome of this game, and in fact think they called a pretty good game, letting two division rivals battle it out

LisaTwelve posted about the niners being called out for holding on the dline early in the season, in what i beleive was an attempt to show that any and every team could be nitpicked to death as far as no calls, and every team can be nitpicked to death for apparent grey area advantages being used, but not called. Then when her/his narative doesnt meet your standards you state that she is adding nothing to the discussion and should go back to the seahak forums.

Since you no longer wish to have a conversation, i will no longer have a conversation with you about this. Im sorry if you took anything i said as inciting. That as not my intention in any shape or form, but your not exactly keeping things civil yourself.

Lisa12 provided an extremely poor example, as her example is a common tactic used by every team in the NFL and my contention is that the Seahawks holding on Wilson scrambles is above and beyond what is common.

Your intent was clear, don't now act hurt.

As for my civility I tend to get irritated when folks come into a thread, clearly did not read said thread, and then pick up and trash a post not having any clue the context in which it was posted.

It appeared you did just that in this thread making statements like "This thread is about the refs costing us the game" or something to that effect, when that is just not the case.

One can expect a contest to be fairly officiated, even in a loss, and not blame the refs for that loss when it was actually a poor performance by your team. Now I agree it can be common to see such a thread blaming officials after a loss, however this was not said thread, least was not that thread at the point I encountered your post.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 27, 2012 at 9:16 PM ]
Lisa12 provided an extremely poor example, as her example is a common tactic used by every team in the NFL and my contention is that the Seahawks holding on Wilson scrambles is above and beyond what is common.

Your intent was clear, don't now act hurt.

As for my civility I tend to get irritated when folks come into a thread, clearly did not read said thread, and then pick up and trash a post not having any clue the context in which it was posted.

It appeared you did just that in this thread making statements like "This thread is about the refs costing us the game" or something to that effect, when that is just not the case.

One can expect a contest to be fairly officiated, even in a loss, and not blame the refs for that loss when it was actually a poor performance by your team. Now I agree it can be common to see such a thread blaming officials after a loss, however this was not said thread, least was not that thread at the point I encountered your post.
No one is hurt. I enjoy my time i spend on this forum. If thats how you feel, thats how you feel.

Still talking about the refs?! If I weren't a 49er fan Id be smh. Well I guess I still am regardless. I hate when people use the refs as an excuse. If they were really doing all these things, why didn't we punch back? The only way to get them off you is to be physical back, not uninterested and scared. IMO that's what we were scared. Got popped in the mouth early, and lost the fight from the get go. Can't be finesse in the playoffs, have to counter toughness with toughness. If they are fouling you, don't let them do it. Pretty simple.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If you call bear hugging Aldon Smith legal then I would say no, the refs did a fine job calling their game for their team.

Also if you call Richard Sherman making a play on Crabtrees arms instead of the ball legal then no, the refs did a fine job calling their game for their team.

I thought replacement refs went home already.

This. The Seahawks got away with holding on offense and defense all day. Pretty much the same as earlier in the season when we still managed to beat them.
I think some people are being paid off and more and more who enter the loop are cashing in a little.
Wow. 14 pages of a thread dedicated to whining about officiating? Keep it up, and pretty soon they'll be calling you guys Seahawk fans. :)
It is kind of ironic. I can't think of a team that has gotten more shafted by bad officiating in the past than the Seahawks. Their one Super Bowl was just a horribly officiated game in which they basically had to play against the Steelers AND the Zebras. Holmgren and his team got completely screwed in that game.

Now, this year, they've got the Packers game and I swear, I've never seen a group of corner backs get away with more illegal contact down field than the Seahawks do this year. Maybe it's karma.
Originally posted by NESeahawk:
Wow. 14 pages of a thread dedicated to whining about officiating? Keep it up, and pretty soon they'll be calling you guys Seahawk fans. :)

That would require us going and posting on Seahawk forums almost a week after the game