There are 207 users in the forums

Refs at Seattle game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You probably noticed more holding on Aldon Smith than ususal because Justin Smith wasn't there to hold the O lineman before he got to Aldon! Every team holds, every team gets away with whatever they can, including the 49er's. That's what physical teams do, and the 49ers are as physical as anybody. I heard Ross Tucker on the NFL radio this morning admiring how good Justin is at holding and getting away with it and how much more effective he makes Aldon. On a more serious note, I want to say how bad I feel for Manningham. I hope he will be alright and will return to play at a high level. There is something wrong with a system that throws flags for hard legal hits to a receivers chest, but there is no flag for hitting a guy low. Unfortunately, expect to see more good players lost to low hits as defensive players try to make plays without getting big fines. Good luck in the playoffs, and I hope we meet again this year for the rubber match. You have a good team that just had a bad day, nothing more. The refs did not make or break the day for either team. The 9ers still scare me and this group deserves respect for their level of play over the last 2 years.
[ Edited by Canfan on Dec 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM ]
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
lol. Love the 49er fans going to the "Super Bowl Champion" argument/Historical Analysis after they got their asses handed to them.. then somehow blamed the refs for a 29 POINT LOSS. Ah you guys are like clockwork.

Oh and the Vikings and Bears lost to the Seahawks. They could have been in a better situation with a win.

I love how seahawks' fans go into troll mode after they go 1-1 vs a division opponent. It's what you expect from a fan base that has nothing significant to brag about.

1) I too, find that the "historical Super Bowl argument" only doesn't matter to teams that haven't won a title.

Odd.

2) Yea you guys beat us pretty bad but.......you do realize that you're still SECOND (i.e. first loser) place in the NFC West right? Come Sunday, we will clench the division, maybe even the second seed in the NFC, and all of this will be a distant memory.

Enjoy the trip to Green Bay, Washington or wherever and PRAY you don't have to come back to Candlestick.
Man, I would LOVE to watch a Seattle vs. GB playoff game, at GB!!!

Think GB wouldn't be ready--both their fans and the team?

After that game, then we all could discuss how great Seattle is . . . or isn't.

Someone just retweeted that Richard Sherman won his appeal. Any truth to this?
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Someone just retweeted that Richard Sherman won his appeal. Any truth to this?

Yep...

@johnpboyle: Huge for Seahawks RT @RSherman_25: Thank you @nfl for upholding the truth! To the 12s Thank you your faith is rewarded! Thank you lord
Damn! Pete the cheat strikes again! Cheattle!
ya pete had everything to do with winning the appeal, come on. As far as the ref's may or may not have swayed the game one way or the other, it happens to every team in every game.. you think the hawks have not been on the bad side of officiating. and talking about swaying games, had our game with GB been called properly, there would be no fail mary discussion.

just the fact the seattle has finally gotten some calls to go our way is unbelievable, if there's one team in this league that's been bitten by the ref bug over the years, it's seattle.. as a seahawk fan i feel i'm in the twilight zone, with calls actually going our way for once..
Pete's just good at teaching his cheating ways.
Um, sorry but this is bunk. If you popped dirty on a piss test the old "it wasn't mine and I don't know where it came from" shouldn't fly.

Suspension or not, I will forever refer to them as "Sherman*" and "Browner*."
problem with your statement is that wasn't the defense that won the appeal.
Originally posted by hawker84:
ya pete had everything to do with winning the appeal, come on. As far as the ref's may or may not have swayed the game one way or the other, it happens to every team in every game.. you think the hawks have not been on the bad side of officiating. and talking about swaying games, had our game with GB been called properly, there would be no fail mary discussion.

just the fact the seattle has finally gotten some calls to go our way is unbelievable, if there's one team in this league that's been bitten by the ref bug over the years, it's seattle.. as a seahawk fan i feel i'm in the twilight zone, with calls actually going our way for once..

So what you're saying is that your team is a bunch of cheaters that suck...?

jk

Originally posted by strickac:
Seattle holds a lot. Their defense relies on it. Coaches have been complaining about it all season. I think Harbaugh brought it up after the first game too. It's smart defense really. They hold RBs and prevent them from sliding out out the backfield for a dump off. Their CBs are extremely physical. They tie WRs up at the LOS and are very smart about interfering/distracting WRs without get called for PI.

It's frustrating to watch, but they are well coached. Their offense is just outclassing people too. They always have guys getting free. Their coaching staff is just two steps ahead of everyone else right now. I HATE seeing Carroll gloating and smacking his gum, but he deserves a ton of credit for turning that team around.

This.

I wish our staff would take notes on how they setting up Wilson to succeed.
2) Yea you guys beat us pretty bad but.......you do realize that you're still SECOND (i.e. first loser) place in the NFC West right? Come Sunday, we will clench the division, maybe even the second seed in the NFC, and all of this will be a distant memory.

Enjoy the trip to Green Bay, Washington or wherever and PRAY you don't have to come back to Candlestick.

Yeah the last thing I want for the Seahawks is to face a team they just beat by 29. That's horrifying.

This thread should be merged or locked up. Its embarrassing.
We got our asses kicked. Its as simple as that. Screaming and crying about this or that doesnt change a thing. We got our asses handed to us.

I live in seahawk country. I have to hear it from their fans everywhere i go. Its like they think they won the f**king superbowl.

All that asside, i watch every seattle game that is not scheduled at the same time as 49er games. This is not the same team we played at the stick. It is a much beter team since the first game, and is only getting better as the season progresses. 49ers are a better team than what we showed, and i have been critical of the 49ers not giving much credit to seattle, but the simple fact is they are a damn good football team. I cant stand the fans, but that desnt change what they are.

I personally think AS ould have given us a beter chance at winning simply because the way gameplans work through AS, he has played in that stadium plenty of times, and he and frank have had monster games against seattle, but that team is a damn good football team. I dont take anything aay from them.

Quite frankly, IMO they are the scariest team in the NFC right now going into the playoffs. I said this before we played them in one of the playoff threads. They are even more scary after the show they put on us.

They can run the football, they have a damn good defense, they have a mobile QB who can game manage and lead long drives, and when necissary hit the big plays and be explosive.

I hate the f**king seahawks, but they are rolling right now.
Originally posted by RussellWilson:

Yeah the last thing I want for the Seahawks is to face a team they just beat by 29. That's horrifying.

Pretty poor reasoning there guy. Because you won that particular time, doesn't mean even in the slightest that you'll do as well the next. For proof see: Niners week 7 victory over Seattle. Had no bearing last week right? Also, and perhaps more importantly, see Pete Caroll's 1-5 ALL TIME record versus Jim Harbaugh. But hey, at least you'll have the one sole victory ol' Petey boy finally got after years and years of being owned to comfort you after you guys are bounced out of the playoffs. In the first round.

Enjoy!
Share 49ersWebzone