There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Refs at Seattle game

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Again, your homerism is showing. I did not say they were going to beat anyone. I said they are a damn good team and deserve more credit than you want to give them. IMO they are the scariest team in the NFC right now. You are saying i am basing my opinion off there recent success, while at the same time, you are basing your opinion on their past failures. See how that works? Fact is they are a damn good football team right no and deserve credit. I am basing my opinion on an entire season of work. Again they are a much differant team than when they came to the stick, and even then we didnt curb stomp them. Their defense is really good, and right now their offense and ST is clicking on all cylinders.

Im a 49ers fan BTW.

You're right. Seattle is hot right now, so the rest of the league may as well pack it in. All is lost.

Btw, if you read my last comment, you'll see where I give them full credit for playing well. My "homerism" aside we've already beat teams far better than Seattle and if I recall correctly, beat them too.

My magic powers of common sense tells me that it's well within the real of possibility that they can be beaten again.
Originally posted by gato80:
Pete's just good at teaching his cheating ways.

that is very exactly it.. its all true!!
LisaTwelve
Originally posted by baltien:
Um, sorry but this is bunk. If you popped dirty on a piss test the old "it wasn't mine and I don't know where it came from" shouldn't fly.

Suspension or not, I will forever refer to them as "Sherman*" and "Browner*."

I don't know whether or not Richard Sherman ingested a banned substance of any kind.

Here's what I do know...
- there was a positive test result and he was suspended for 4-games
- he appealed the suspension based upon faulty test collection/results
- his appeal was upheld and he was not suspended
- the public should never have known about the process UNLESS and UNTIL his suspension was upheld after any appeal process
- his reputation will forever be tarnished ~ whether or not he actually ingested a banned substance

Here's what I hope happens going forward...
- the NFL / drug testing firms tighten things up with regard to process and procedure (pretty embarrassing, if true, that there were SIX previous errors)
- the NFL / media figure out how to keep results non-public UNLESS and UNTIL such time suspensions are deemed valid

Glad the Hawks don't have to do without him (although, they seemed to have picked up the slack for Browner, so far)

He cheated and got away with it because of past issues at that facility and not because the test was wrong is my understanding.

His rep has been tarnished justly cause he is guilty. Three players, same position, same team, all failed the test on the same date all for the same substance.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..........
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 27, 2012 at 5:37 PM ]
Again, your homerism is showing. I did not say they were going to beat anyone. I said they are a damn good team and deserve more credit than you want to give them. IMO they are the scariest team in the NFC right now. You are saying i am basing my opinion off there recent success, while at the same time, you are basing your opinion on their past failures. See how that works? Fact is they are a damn good football team right no and deserve credit. I am basing my opinion on an entire season of work. Again they are a much differant team than when they came to the stick, and even then we didnt curb stomp them. Their defense is really good, and right now their offense and ST is clicking on all cylinders.

Im a 49ers fan BTW.

You're right. Seattle is hot right now, so the rest of the league may as well pack it in. All is lost.

Btw, if you read my last comment, you'll see where I give them full credit for playing well. My "homerism" aside we've already beat teams far better than Seattle and if I recall correctly, beat them too.

My magic powers of common sense tells me that it's well within the real of possibility that they can be beaten again.

You say you give them credit, without actually doing so. I realize any team can lose on any sunday.

Again, i have said none of what you are insisting im saying. I realize its football and anything can and does happen on any given sunday. I am simply stating if you think this team is the same team that they have been in the past, or even the same team they were when they came to the stick you are mistaken.

And no. We have not beat a team as good as the seahawks are right now this season.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This thread should be merged or locked up. Its embarrassing.
jesus yes. our fan base sounds like a bunch of little girls. the refs had nothing to do with our "effort" and the outcome. sheesh.

Its ok to b***h at the refs like 24 hours the game. But damn, a whole thread dedicated to it, when we got blown out and a single call didn't even change the game....

SMH
We all know Carroll is willing to push the rules as far as on-field play is concerned, but I'm wondering if that also applies to off-field stuff. Kinda strange that two guys on the same team would be suspend for exactly the same thing.
You say you give them credit, without actually doing so. I realize any team can lose on any sunday.

Again, i have said none of what you are insisting im saying. I realize its football and anything can and does happen on any given sunday. I am simply stating if you think this team is the same team that they have been in the past, or even the same team they were when they came to the stick you are mistaken.

And no. We have not beat a team as good as the seahawks are right now this season.

1) Read my first post. I gave them credit for playing well. If you feel my compliment is insufficient, I'll have to direct you to your nearest Seahawks fan forum.

2) Right now I'd say the Packers, New England, and possibly even the Saints are better than the Seahawks right now. That is my opinion. Feel different?

Cool with me.
  • Shaz
1) Read my first post. I gave them credit for playing well. If you feel my compliment is insufficient, I'll have to direct you to your nearest Seahawks fan forum.

2) Right now I'd say the Packers, New England, and possibly even the Saints are better than the Seahawks right now. That is my opinion. Feel different?

Cool with me.

None of those teams are better than the Seahawks right now, stop it.
Originally posted by Shaz:

Cool with me.

at home seattle is better!

Um, no?
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

Cool with me.

at home seattle is better!

Exactly my point. Seattle is great at home.

On the road is a different story.
Seattle is dead meat.
Originally posted by hawker84:
ya pete had everything to do with winning the appeal, come on. As far as the ref's may or may not have swayed the game one way or the other, it happens to every team in every game.. you think the hawks have not been on the bad side of officiating. and talking about swaying games, had our game with GB been called properly, there would be no fail mary discussion.

just the fact the seattle has finally gotten some calls to go our way is unbelievable, if there's one team in this league that's been bitten by the ref bug over the years, it's seattle.. as a seahawk fan i feel i'm in the twilight zone, with calls actually going our way for once..

You are absolutely correct, cause GB would have blown your doors off in that game. The refs are why you were in position to win it on the fail mary.

Facts are facts. Seattle db's are allowed to play in a way wityhout penalty, that the refs flag the opposing team for playing similarly, in the same game.

Maybe the Hawks aren't riding so high in the NFL forces it's refs to man up and stop being intimidated by your home crowd. They aren't in the playoffs at the least.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM ]

Cool with me.

NE and saints not even close man. GB we played week one, and even right now i dont think they are a better team than Seattle.

You cant say you give a team credit, by saying they are a good team, but in the next breath basicly saying they are overrated and not the team that they in fact are. Thats not giving a team credit.

Being a fan doesnt mean you have to be in denial. Admiting that a team that beat your team is quite possibly ATM truely a better team, and that the loss as not a fluke, does not mean you are any less of a fan of your team. I f**king hate the seahawks and their fans. I live in seahak country. I hate them. That however does not influence my opinion of them being a damn fine football team, and right now probably the most dangerous, and best team, in the NFC. I said they were the hottest team in the NFL even before they curb stomped us.

Cool with me.

NE and saints not even close man. GB we played week one, and even right now i dont think they are a better team than Seattle.

You cant say you give a team credit, by saying they are a good team, but in the next breath basicly saying they are overrated and not the team that they in fact are. Thats not giving a team credit.

Being a fan doesnt mean you have to be in denial. Admiting that a team that beat your team is quite possibly ATM truely a better team, and that the loss as not a fluke, does not mean you are any less of a fan of your team. I f**king hate the seahawks and their fans. I live in seahak country. I hate them. That however does not influence my opinion of them being a damn fine football team, and right now probably the most dangerous, and best team, in the NFC. I said they were the hottest team in the NFL even before they curb stomped us.
Just cause he doesn't share your opinion doesn't make him "in denial". Oh and being from the area does indeed bias you whether you realize it or not.

Back to the refs discussion. If we wanna continue to discuss the virtues of Seattles team lets do so in the NFL forum....
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 27, 2012 at 5:37 PM ]