LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Refs at Seattle game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
2) Yea you guys beat us pretty bad but.......you do realize that you're still SECOND (i.e. first loser) place in the NFC West right? Come Sunday, we will clench the division, maybe even the second seed in the NFC, and all of this will be a distant memory.

Enjoy the trip to Green Bay, Washington or wherever and PRAY you don't have to come back to Candlestick.

Yeah the last thing I want for the Seahawks is to face a team they just beat by 29. That's horrifying.

Pretty poor reasoning there guy. Because you won that particular time, doesn't mean even in the slightest that you'll do as well the next. For proof see: Niners week 7 victory over Seattle. Had no bearing last week right? Also, and perhaps more importantly, see Pete Caroll's 1-5 ALL TIME record versus Jim Harbaugh. But hey, at least you'll have the one sole victory ol' Petey boy finally got after years and years of being owned to comfort you after you guys are bounced out of the playoffs. In the first round.

Enjoy!

You obviously have not watched any seattle games besides the games where they played us. They are not even close to the same team that came to the stick, and its not like we curb stomped them that game to begin with. Your homerism is showing. Give them credit man, they have earned it. As anoying as their fans are, that has no bearing on the team. They are f**king good man.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
You obviously have not watched any seattle games besides the games where they played us. They are not even close to the same team that came to the stick, and its not like we curb stomped them that game to begin with. Your homerism is showing. Give them credit man, they have earned it. As anoying as their fans are, that has no bearing on the team. They are f**king good man.

You're in effect saying that Seattle is going to beat us going forward along with the rest of the league (indefinitely?) based on a handful of games this year. Chief among them is the ONE victory Pete Carroll scored against Harbaugh. After years of trying and failing miserably. I have no problems whatsoever saying that you guys are playing well NOW. But to assume that you guys are all of a sudden unbeatable -- despite owing your very playoff existence to one of the biggest blown calls in the history of professional sports -- because you bested a few scrubs and the Niners (again, once) is totally and utterly absurd.

...And yet I'm the homer?

Edit: Saw you are (apparently) a Niners fan. In any case my point remains. Yes Seattle is playing well now, but they're hardly unstoppable.
[ Edited by baltien on Dec 27, 2012 at 4:11 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This thread should be merged or locked up. Its embarrassing.
jesus yes. our fan base sounds like a bunch of little girls. the refs had nothing to do with our "effort" and the outcome. sheesh.
Officiating is not why the Niners lost the game last Sunday night. Having said that, I would like to point out that refs seem to call a lot more illegal contact and holding fouls on DB's at the stick than they did up there. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's somehow the crowd. But, I think the next time the Seahawks come to the Stick, they'll see a lot more illegal contact fouls called because the Seahawks DB's do it on almost every play. Sunday night, it started with the very first Niner play. The cornerback was holding on to Manninghams arm for about 20 yards slowing him down. That's why the first play was an incomplete pass and that's why Harbaugh was jumping up and down on the sideline going out of his mind.

Also, I wouldn't get my hair too up over a Seahawk fan being overly confident with that "Yeah the last thing I want for the Seahawks is to face a team they just beat by 29. That's horrifying." business. You should expect that. They were acting that way BEFORE the Seahawks put a whipping on the Niners, so I wouldn't expect any less now. But, I do think a lot of them are just not experienced enough at watching the way the NFL works to realize that that 29-point win doesn't guarantee anything for the next time the teams meet. If anything, the Niners will be fighting like wild dogs the next time they meet. There were dirty hits that ended players' seasons. There was trash talking. There was rubbing it in. Seahawks fans may be in for a big surprise when they go into the next Niner game expecting an easy blowout.

You're in effect saying that Seattle is going to beat us going forward along with the rest of the league (indefinitely?) based on a handful of games this year. Chief among them is the ONE victory Pete Carroll scored against Harbaugh. After years of trying and failing miserably. I have no problems whatsoever saying that you guys are playing well NOW. But to assume that you guys are all of a sudden unbeatable -- despite owing your very playoff existence to one of the biggest blown calls in the history of professional sports -- because you bested a few scrubs and the Niners (again, once) is totally and utterly absurd.

...And yet I'm the homer?

Edit: Saw you are (apparently) a Niners fan. In any case my point remains. Yes Seattle is playing well now, but they're hardly unstoppable.

Again, your homerism is showing. I did not say they were going to beat anyone. I said they are a damn good team and deserve more credit than you want to give them. IMO they are the scariest team in the NFC right now. You are saying i am basing my opinion off there recent success, while at the same time, you are basing your opinion on their past failures. See how that works? Fact is they are a damn good football team right no and deserve credit. I am basing my opinion on an entire season of work. Again they are a much differant team than when they came to the stick, and even then we didnt curb stomp them. Their defense is really good, and right now their offense and ST is clicking on all cylinders.

Im a 49ers fan BTW.
Um, sorry but this is bunk. If you popped dirty on a piss test the old "it wasn't mine and I don't know where it came from" shouldn't fly.

Suspension or not, I will forever refer to them as "Sherman*" and "Browner*."

I don't know whether or not Richard Sherman ingested a banned substance of any kind.

Here's what I do know...
- there was a positive test result and he was suspended for 4-games
- he appealed the suspension based upon faulty test collection/results
- his appeal was upheld and he was not suspended
- the public should never have known about the process UNLESS and UNTIL his suspension was upheld after any appeal process
- his reputation will forever be tarnished ~ whether or not he actually ingested a banned substance

Here's what I hope happens going forward...
- the NFL / drug testing firms tighten things up with regard to process and procedure (pretty embarrassing, if true, that there were SIX previous errors)
- the NFL / media figure out how to keep results non-public UNLESS and UNTIL such time suspensions are deemed valid

Glad the Hawks don't have to do without him (although, they seemed to have picked up the slack for Browner, so far)
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Dec 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM ]
Again, your homerism is showing. I did not say they were going to beat anyone. I said they are a damn good team and deserve more credit than you want to give them. IMO they are the scariest team in the NFC right now. You are saying i am basing my opinion off there recent success, while at the same time, you are basing your opinion on their past failures. See how that works? Fact is they are a damn good football team right no and deserve credit. I am basing my opinion on an entire season of work. Again they are a much differant team than when they came to the stick, and even then we didnt curb stomp them. Their defense is really good, and right now their offense and ST is clicking on all cylinders.

Im a 49ers fan BTW.

You're right. Seattle is hot right now, so the rest of the league may as well pack it in. All is lost.

Btw, if you read my last comment, you'll see where I give them full credit for playing well. My "homerism" aside we've already beat teams far better than Seattle and if I recall correctly, beat them too.

My magic powers of common sense tells me that it's well within the real of possibility that they can be beaten again.
Originally posted by gato80:
Pete's just good at teaching his cheating ways.

that is very exactly it.. its all true!!
LisaTwelve
Um, sorry but this is bunk. If you popped dirty on a piss test the old "it wasn't mine and I don't know where it came from" shouldn't fly.

Suspension or not, I will forever refer to them as "Sherman*" and "Browner*."

I don't know whether or not Richard Sherman ingested a banned substance of any kind.

Here's what I do know...
- there was a positive test result and he was suspended for 4-games
- he appealed the suspension based upon faulty test collection/results
- his appeal was upheld and he was not suspended
- the public should never have known about the process UNLESS and UNTIL his suspension was upheld after any appeal process
- his reputation will forever be tarnished ~ whether or not he actually ingested a banned substance

Here's what I hope happens going forward...
- the NFL / drug testing firms tighten things up with regard to process and procedure (pretty embarrassing, if true, that there were SIX previous errors)
- the NFL / media figure out how to keep results non-public UNLESS and UNTIL such time suspensions are deemed valid

Glad the Hawks don't have to do without him (although, they seemed to have picked up the slack for Browner, so far)

He cheated and got away with it because of past issues at that facility and not because the test was wrong is my understanding.

His rep has been tarnished justly cause he is guilty. Three players, same position, same team, all failed the test on the same date all for the same substance.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..........
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 27, 2012 at 5:37 PM ]

Im a 49ers fan BTW.

You're right. Seattle is hot right now, so the rest of the league may as well pack it in. All is lost.

Btw, if you read my last comment, you'll see where I give them full credit for playing well. My "homerism" aside we've already beat teams far better than Seattle and if I recall correctly, beat them too.

My magic powers of common sense tells me that it's well within the real of possibility that they can be beaten again.

You say you give them credit, without actually doing so. I realize any team can lose on any sunday.

Again, i have said none of what you are insisting im saying. I realize its football and anything can and does happen on any given sunday. I am simply stating if you think this team is the same team that they have been in the past, or even the same team they were when they came to the stick you are mistaken.

And no. We have not beat a team as good as the seahawks are right now this season.

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This thread should be merged or locked up. Its embarrassing.
jesus yes. our fan base sounds like a bunch of little girls. the refs had nothing to do with our "effort" and the outcome. sheesh.

Its ok to b***h at the refs like 24 hours the game. But damn, a whole thread dedicated to it, when we got blown out and a single call didn't even change the game....

SMH
We all know Carroll is willing to push the rules as far as on-field play is concerned, but I'm wondering if that also applies to off-field stuff. Kinda strange that two guys on the same team would be suspend for exactly the same thing.
You say you give them credit, without actually doing so. I realize any team can lose on any sunday.

Again, i have said none of what you are insisting im saying. I realize its football and anything can and does happen on any given sunday. I am simply stating if you think this team is the same team that they have been in the past, or even the same team they were when they came to the stick you are mistaken.

And no. We have not beat a team as good as the seahawks are right now this season.

1) Read my first post. I gave them credit for playing well. If you feel my compliment is insufficient, I'll have to direct you to your nearest Seahawks fan forum.

2) Right now I'd say the Packers, New England, and possibly even the Saints are better than the Seahawks right now. That is my opinion. Feel different?

Cool with me.
  • Shaz
1) Read my first post. I gave them credit for playing well. If you feel my compliment is insufficient, I'll have to direct you to your nearest Seahawks fan forum.

2) Right now I'd say the Packers, New England, and possibly even the Saints are better than the Seahawks right now. That is my opinion. Feel different?

Cool with me.

None of those teams are better than the Seahawks right now, stop it.
Originally posted by Shaz:
None of those teams are better than the Seahawks right now, stop it.

Um, no?
Share 49ersWebzone