Originally posted by baltien:
Um, sorry but this is bunk. If you popped dirty on a piss test the old "it wasn't mine and I don't know where it came from" shouldn't fly.
Suspension or not, I will forever refer to them as "Sherman*" and "Browner*."
I don't know whether or not Richard Sherman ingested a banned substance of any kind.
Here's what I do
- there was a positive test result and he was suspended for 4-games
- he appealed the suspension based upon faulty test collection/results
- his appeal was upheld and he was not suspended
- the public should never have known about the process UNLESS and UNTIL his suspension was upheld after any appeal process
- his reputation will forever be tarnished ~ whether or not he actually ingested a banned substance
Here's what I hope happens going forward...
- the NFL / drug testing firms tighten things up with regard to process and procedure (pretty embarrassing, if true, that there were SIX previous errors)
- the NFL / media figure out how to keep results non-public UNLESS and UNTIL such time suspensions are deemed valid
Glad the Hawks don't have to do without him (although, they seemed to have picked up the slack for Browner, so far)
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Dec 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM ]