There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Refs at Seattle game

Pete's just good at teaching his cheating ways.
Um, sorry but this is bunk. If you popped dirty on a piss test the old "it wasn't mine and I don't know where it came from" shouldn't fly.

Suspension or not, I will forever refer to them as "Sherman*" and "Browner*."
problem with your statement is that wasn't the defense that won the appeal.
Originally posted by hawker84:
ya pete had everything to do with winning the appeal, come on. As far as the ref's may or may not have swayed the game one way or the other, it happens to every team in every game.. you think the hawks have not been on the bad side of officiating. and talking about swaying games, had our game with GB been called properly, there would be no fail mary discussion.

just the fact the seattle has finally gotten some calls to go our way is unbelievable, if there's one team in this league that's been bitten by the ref bug over the years, it's seattle.. as a seahawk fan i feel i'm in the twilight zone, with calls actually going our way for once..

So what you're saying is that your team is a bunch of cheaters that suck...?

jk
Originally posted by strickac:
Seattle holds a lot. Their defense relies on it. Coaches have been complaining about it all season. I think Harbaugh brought it up after the first game too. It's smart defense really. They hold RBs and prevent them from sliding out out the backfield for a dump off. Their CBs are extremely physical. They tie WRs up at the LOS and are very smart about interfering/distracting WRs without get called for PI.

It's frustrating to watch, but they are well coached. Their offense is just outclassing people too. They always have guys getting free. Their coaching staff is just two steps ahead of everyone else right now. I HATE seeing Carroll gloating and smacking his gum, but he deserves a ton of credit for turning that team around.

This.

I wish our staff would take notes on how they setting up Wilson to succeed.
Originally posted by baltien:
2) Yea you guys beat us pretty bad but.......you do realize that you're still SECOND (i.e. first loser) place in the NFC West right? Come Sunday, we will clench the division, maybe even the second seed in the NFC, and all of this will be a distant memory.

Enjoy the trip to Green Bay, Washington or wherever and PRAY you don't have to come back to Candlestick.

Yeah the last thing I want for the Seahawks is to face a team they just beat by 29. That's horrifying.

This thread should be merged or locked up. Its embarrassing.
We got our asses kicked. Its as simple as that. Screaming and crying about this or that doesnt change a thing. We got our asses handed to us.

I live in seahawk country. I have to hear it from their fans everywhere i go. Its like they think they won the f**king superbowl.

All that asside, i watch every seattle game that is not scheduled at the same time as 49er games. This is not the same team we played at the stick. It is a much beter team since the first game, and is only getting better as the season progresses. 49ers are a better team than what we showed, and i have been critical of the 49ers not giving much credit to seattle, but the simple fact is they are a damn good football team. I cant stand the fans, but that desnt change what they are.

I personally think AS ould have given us a beter chance at winning simply because the way gameplans work through AS, he has played in that stadium plenty of times, and he and frank have had monster games against seattle, but that team is a damn good football team. I dont take anything aay from them.

Quite frankly, IMO they are the scariest team in the NFC right now going into the playoffs. I said this before we played them in one of the playoff threads. They are even more scary after the show they put on us.

They can run the football, they have a damn good defense, they have a mobile QB who can game manage and lead long drives, and when necissary hit the big plays and be explosive.

I hate the f**king seahawks, but they are rolling right now.
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
2) Yea you guys beat us pretty bad but.......you do realize that you're still SECOND (i.e. first loser) place in the NFC West right? Come Sunday, we will clench the division, maybe even the second seed in the NFC, and all of this will be a distant memory.

Enjoy the trip to Green Bay, Washington or wherever and PRAY you don't have to come back to Candlestick.

Yeah the last thing I want for the Seahawks is to face a team they just beat by 29. That's horrifying.

Pretty poor reasoning there guy. Because you won that particular time, doesn't mean even in the slightest that you'll do as well the next. For proof see: Niners week 7 victory over Seattle. Had no bearing last week right? Also, and perhaps more importantly, see Pete Caroll's 1-5 ALL TIME record versus Jim Harbaugh. But hey, at least you'll have the one sole victory ol' Petey boy finally got after years and years of being owned to comfort you after you guys are bounced out of the playoffs. In the first round.

Enjoy!
Originally posted by RussellWilson:

Pretty poor reasoning there guy. Because you won that particular time, doesn't mean even in the slightest that you'll do as well the next. For proof see: Niners week 7 victory over Seattle. Had no bearing last week right? Also, and perhaps more importantly, see Pete Caroll's 1-5 ALL TIME record versus Jim Harbaugh. But hey, at least you'll have the one sole victory ol' Petey boy finally got after years and years of being owned to comfort you after you guys are bounced out of the playoffs. In the first round.

Enjoy!

You obviously have not watched any seattle games besides the games where they played us. They are not even close to the same team that came to the stick, and its not like we curb stomped them that game to begin with. Your homerism is showing. Give them credit man, they have earned it. As anoying as their fans are, that has no bearing on the team. They are f**king good man.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
You obviously have not watched any seattle games besides the games where they played us. They are not even close to the same team that came to the stick, and its not like we curb stomped them that game to begin with. Your homerism is showing. Give them credit man, they have earned it. As anoying as their fans are, that has no bearing on the team. They are f**king good man.

You're in effect saying that Seattle is going to beat us going forward along with the rest of the league (indefinitely?) based on a handful of games this year. Chief among them is the ONE victory Pete Carroll scored against Harbaugh. After years of trying and failing miserably. I have no problems whatsoever saying that you guys are playing well NOW. But to assume that you guys are all of a sudden unbeatable -- despite owing your very playoff existence to one of the biggest blown calls in the history of professional sports -- because you bested a few scrubs and the Niners (again, once) is totally and utterly absurd.

...And yet I'm the homer?

Edit: Saw you are (apparently) a Niners fan. In any case my point remains. Yes Seattle is playing well now, but they're hardly unstoppable.
[ Edited by baltien on Dec 27, 2012 at 4:11 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This thread should be merged or locked up. Its embarrassing.
jesus yes. our fan base sounds like a bunch of little girls. the refs had nothing to do with our "effort" and the outcome. sheesh.
Officiating is not why the Niners lost the game last Sunday night. Having said that, I would like to point out that refs seem to call a lot more illegal contact and holding fouls on DB's at the stick than they did up there. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's somehow the crowd. But, I think the next time the Seahawks come to the Stick, they'll see a lot more illegal contact fouls called because the Seahawks DB's do it on almost every play. Sunday night, it started with the very first Niner play. The cornerback was holding on to Manninghams arm for about 20 yards slowing him down. That's why the first play was an incomplete pass and that's why Harbaugh was jumping up and down on the sideline going out of his mind.

Also, I wouldn't get my hair too up over a Seahawk fan being overly confident with that "Yeah the last thing I want for the Seahawks is to face a team they just beat by 29. That's horrifying." business. You should expect that. They were acting that way BEFORE the Seahawks put a whipping on the Niners, so I wouldn't expect any less now. But, I do think a lot of them are just not experienced enough at watching the way the NFL works to realize that that 29-point win doesn't guarantee anything for the next time the teams meet. If anything, the Niners will be fighting like wild dogs the next time they meet. There were dirty hits that ended players' seasons. There was trash talking. There was rubbing it in. Seahawks fans may be in for a big surprise when they go into the next Niner game expecting an easy blowout.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

You're in effect saying that Seattle is going to beat us going forward along with the rest of the league (indefinitely?) based on a handful of games this year. Chief among them is the ONE victory Pete Carroll scored against Harbaugh. After years of trying and failing miserably. I have no problems whatsoever saying that you guys are playing well NOW. But to assume that you guys are all of a sudden unbeatable -- despite owing your very playoff existence to one of the biggest blown calls in the history of professional sports -- because you bested a few scrubs and the Niners (again, once) is totally and utterly absurd.

...And yet I'm the homer?

Edit: Saw you are (apparently) a Niners fan. In any case my point remains. Yes Seattle is playing well now, but they're hardly unstoppable.

Again, your homerism is showing. I did not say they were going to beat anyone. I said they are a damn good team and deserve more credit than you want to give them. IMO they are the scariest team in the NFC right now. You are saying i am basing my opinion off there recent success, while at the same time, you are basing your opinion on their past failures. See how that works? Fact is they are a damn good football team right no and deserve credit. I am basing my opinion on an entire season of work. Again they are a much differant team than when they came to the stick, and even then we didnt curb stomp them. Their defense is really good, and right now their offense and ST is clicking on all cylinders.

Im a 49ers fan BTW.
Um, sorry but this is bunk. If you popped dirty on a piss test the old "it wasn't mine and I don't know where it came from" shouldn't fly.

Suspension or not, I will forever refer to them as "Sherman*" and "Browner*."

I don't know whether or not Richard Sherman ingested a banned substance of any kind.

Here's what I do know...
- there was a positive test result and he was suspended for 4-games
- he appealed the suspension based upon faulty test collection/results
- his appeal was upheld and he was not suspended
- the public should never have known about the process UNLESS and UNTIL his suspension was upheld after any appeal process
- his reputation will forever be tarnished ~ whether or not he actually ingested a banned substance

Here's what I hope happens going forward...
- the NFL / drug testing firms tighten things up with regard to process and procedure (pretty embarrassing, if true, that there were SIX previous errors)
- the NFL / media figure out how to keep results non-public UNLESS and UNTIL such time suspensions are deemed valid

Glad the Hawks don't have to do without him (although, they seemed to have picked up the slack for Browner, so far)
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Dec 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM ]