There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

what exactly is justin smith's injury

Originally posted by fryet:
In JH's press conference he said that he didn't play in Seattle because he didn't regain enough strength in the arm. Maybe some kind of nerve injury? I don't know how quickly a person would come back from something like that. Peyton, had a problem in his neck that kept him out a year. Presumably a nerve injury in the elbow would not be as significant.

I think he sits against the cards but plays in the playoffs.
Playoff teams all suffer key injuries...the key to pushing on is depth. RJF didn't have a good game vs Seattle, but he's shown well previously when he's gotten PT. They also have Ian Williams, who's another big body with some talent. No question this is the draft to get Justin's eventual replacement...with 14 picks Baalke can really do some wheelin' & dealin' to trade up and get a corps of studs. Finding someone who can take Justin's place won't be easy...there just aren't many players who can dominate like he can. But, there's no reason Baalke can't upgrade the overall DL to make it stronger and deeper.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Hope...Justin isn't the next to lose his job to "Injury"
Originally posted by Nes49:

Don't think so.
I doubt he's even hurt. This might be Harbaugh's plan to rest him for the playoffs.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Playoff teams all suffer key injuries...the key to pushing on is depth. RJF didn't have a good game vs Seattle, but he's shown well previously when he's gotten PT. They also have Ian Williams, who's another big body with some talent. No question this is the draft to get Justin's eventual replacement...with 14 picks Baalke can really do some wheelin' & dealin' to trade up and get a corps of studs. Finding someone who can take Justin's place won't be easy...there just aren't many players who can dominate like he can. But, there's no reason Baalke can't upgrade the overall DL to make it stronger and deeper.
Accually RJF will probably grade out decent. Aldon will grade out poor.
Originally posted by RedRush7:
I doubt he's even hurt. This might be Harbaugh's plan to rest him for the playoffs.

And risk the two seed?
Originally posted by Nes49:

Not a comparison. Justin Smith is an All Pro player.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
And risk the two seed?

They probably felt that 9ers could win without Smith against Seatle.
what is the benefit of being coy on Justin Smith's injury? We as fans invest a lot of our emotions into the Niner football team and I believe we deserve to know exactly what is wrong with Justin Smith. I like Harbaugh, he has turned the Niners around, but some of his antics with the media are beginning to be a turn off.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
what is the benefit of being coy on Justin Smith's injury? We as fans invest a lot of our emotions into the Niner football team and I believe we deserve to know exactly what is wrong with Justin Smith. I like Harbaugh, he has turned the Niners around, but some of his antics with the media are beginning to be a turn off.

Get off your high horse. Harbaugh and the 49ers don't owe us anything outside of putting a good product on the field. You honestly think he owes it to you to tell you what the injury is? What if a player was suffering from hemroids, do they have to tell you that as well? Some fans are ridiculous.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

Get off your high horse. Harbaugh and the 49ers don't owe us anything outside of putting a good product on the field. You honestly think he owes it to you to tell you what the injury is? What if a player was suffering from hemroids, do they have to tell you that as well? Some fans are ridiculous.
They owe us BIG time bro. We're the ones paying their salaries -- the kingdom of the fans. Without us there is no NFL.

And risk the two seed?

I don't think Harbaugh would "rest" an uninjured Smith for any reason.

Barrows questioned Harbaugh as to whether Justin might need surgery in the offseason and Habaugh's response was "he might."

I don't think Justin is coming back -- in the finale or in the playoffs. I think the next game he plays will be the start of next season, providing this isn't a career ending injury. Now, before anyone gets upset -- I've heard NOTHING to suggest this.

And risk the two seed?

Trust me if we have Justin Smith I don't even worry about that stuff... 2seed or 3seed it doesn't matter as long as Justin is good to go.
If he does come back for the playoffs teams will definitely try to re-injure his arm.