There are 255 users in the forums

what exactly is justin smith's injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by RedRush7:
I doubt he's even hurt. This might be Harbaugh's plan to rest him for the playoffs.

And risk the two seed?

I don't think Harbaugh would "rest" an uninjured Smith for any reason.

Barrows questioned Harbaugh as to whether Justin might need surgery in the offseason and Habaugh's response was "he might."

I don't think Justin is coming back -- in the finale or in the playoffs. I think the next game he plays will be the start of next season, providing this isn't a career ending injury. Now, before anyone gets upset -- I've heard NOTHING to suggest this.

I'm COMPLETELY with you on this. I think Cowboy is done for the season. Hope I'm wrong though.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I doubt he's even hurt. This might be Harbaugh's plan to rest him for the playoffs.

And risk the two seed?

Trust me if we have Justin Smith I don't even worry about that stuff... 2seed or 3seed it doesn't matter as long as Justin is good to go.
There very well may be a silver lining in playing in the wild card = 1 more extra game for CK to get his feet wet, and a bonus to that in that it's a playoff game.

And risk the two seed?

Barrows questioned Harbaugh as to whether Justin might need surgery in the offseason and Habaugh's response was "he might."

I don't think Justin is coming back -- in the finale or in the playoffs. I think the next game he plays will be the start of next season, providing this isn't a career ending injury. Now, before anyone gets upset -- I've heard NOTHING to suggest this.

I'm COMPLETELY with you on this. I think Cowboy is done for the season. Hope I'm wrong though.

Unfortunately, this does remind me a lot of the Haralson injury. We know all the details of Manningham and Vernon but nothing is out there regarding Justin Smith.

And risk the two seed?

Perhaps we could pull BY out of retirement? Mebbe he's got a game or two left in him? I was real sad to see him go...
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

And risk the two seed?

Unfortunately, this does remind me a lot of the Haralson injury. We know all the details of Manningham and Vernon but nothing is out there regarding Justin Smith.
Is there any good video out there of when exactly it happened in New England.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

And risk the two seed?

That's a very good question and observation. If there is, I haven't seen it.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

And risk the two seed?

That's a very good question and observation. If there is, I haven't seen it.
They never replayed any play that showed Cowboy looking hurt. I didn't know he was hurt until they were taking him in for xrays

It could also very well be a Terrell Suggs type of injury (muscle injury) that he had earlier this year (missed 2 weeks) and returned (although he did aggravate it). If it were a season ending injury, I think the news would have leaked out earlier just like Haralson, Hunter, Kyle, Manningham injury info were all released days after they all got hurt.
Side note: how does Adam Schefter report that Justin is out for the regular season but not Maiocco or any of our local reporters? lol

I wouldn't take Harbaugh's reply to the media seriously. At the time of the QB switch, Barrows or Maiocco asked could it be a possibility for both QBs to share playing time/drives and Harbaugh had a similar response and said "that's a possiblity" (w/ a straight face). We all knew that wasn't gonna happen lol.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
sounds like they are seeing whether to put him on the IR.

Huh? Link? The Cowboy will be back for the playoffs unless his arm is falling off. Bank that s**t

When asked if Cowboy wil be availavble for playoffs, JH said he didn't know for sure.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000116245/article/jim-harbaugh-hazy-on-justin-smiths-playing-status

When we get wishy washy reports like this its usually bad news. I'm a pessimist though so that's just how i see things

nah when harbaugh says "it doesn't seem serious" in the post game, expect the player go to on IR.

Originally posted by Allx9er:
Has anybody isolated the play where he got injured? Why do i get the feeling that it was some sort of judo chop by makins when cowboy was locked up trying to draw a double team or something.

I saw him grab Woodhead from behind with one arm, as he was going up the middle. Could have hypered or dislocated it.
[ Edited by goldrush49 on Dec 26, 2012 at 12:51 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by socalfan21:

And risk the two seed?

Trust me if we have Justin Smith I don't even worry about that stuff... 2seed or 3seed it doesn't matter as long as Justin is good to go.
There very well may be a silver lining in playing in the wild card = 1 more extra game for CK to get his feet wet, and a bonus to that in that it's a playoff game.
feet wet......seriously?
i have a theory that cowboy isnt out for the season...bc if he was we would have tried to sign an extra FA
Well, we've done nothing thus far to fill an extra NT/DE spot after that RJF nightmare Sunday, so I think he's coming back at some point (sort of like the Delanie Walker situation last year). -I think he has a minor bicep tear (they were saying it was an injury similar to Parys Haralson's, but not as severe/season-ending). -I think if we can get an extra week off he'll be 50/50 for whomever we host.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Well, we've done nothing thus far to fill an extra NT/DE spot after that RJF nightmare Sunday, so I think he's coming back at some point (sort of like the Delanie Walker situation last year). -I think he has a minor bicep tear (they were saying it was an injury similar to Parys Haralson's, but not as severe/season-ending). -I think if we can get an extra week off he'll be 50/50 for whomever we host.

Hopefully end up w/ first round bye and get an additional 2 weeks of rest
Share 49ersWebzone