LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

what exactly is justin smith's injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
has any word gotten out what the exact nature of the injury is?
sounds like they are seeing whether to put him on the IR.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Huh? Link? The Cowboy will be back for the playoffs unless his arm is falling off. Bank that s**t
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Huh? Link? The Cowboy will be back for the playoffs unless his arm is falling off. Bank that s**t

When asked if Cowboy wil be availavble for playoffs, JH said he didn't know for sure.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000116245/article/jim-harbaugh-hazy-on-justin-smiths-playing-status

When we get wishy washy reports like this its usually bad news. I'm a pessimist though so that's just how i see things
justin smith won't be back this season. i think we all feared it and now we know it for sure. harbaugh hasn't come out and said it but the writing is on the wall. RJF or someone is going to have to step up or i doubt we win a playoff game
Oh yeah, I read that. I'll be really shocked if he doesn't play in the playoffs just because he is a warrior. During the week, Harbs sounded like Justin had a chance to play in SEA, but its hard to know when he is blowing smoke up the media's a55. We need the guy BADLY
Originally posted by frenchmov:
justin smith won't be back this season. i think we all feared it and now we know it for sure. harbaugh hasn't come out and said it but the writing is on the wall. RJF or someone is going to have to step up or i doubt we win a playoff game

Do you have some insider info, or is this something that popped in your head this morning?
Originally posted by sacniner:
Do you have some insider info, or is this something that popped in your head this morning?

i have no information and didn't want to present it like that was a fact but just the vibe i get from the whole situation. i hope to christ i'm wrong but i just feel like cowboy is done for the year. might as well put aldon on IR too since he will be done as well (for all intents and purposes) :(
The top secret inj ish gets on my nerves
Originally posted by Allx9er:
The top secret inj ish gets on my nerves

Apparently not letting the public know was supposed to help against Seattle's game planning --- NOT.

lol, someone bashed me earlier for getting irritated at the lack of news.

Originally posted by frenchmov:

Yep i have the same feeling he is done for the year:( It must be bad because on the sideline last night you could see he was not even moving it. This really would suck because we all know now how much he helps are defense and RJF was nonexistent. HOPE I am wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
X-rays says nothing, so it's not a broken bone. But if it's serious where he can't play for 1.5 games, then my guess is probably a tricep or bicep tear/partial tear. Either way, it doesn't look good
The thought of no Justin Smith for the playoffs is so depressing.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Only player on the roster more valuable is Gore. Our chances would drastically decline. Without Justin & BYE, we wouldn't return to the NFC Title game
Originally posted by SFrush:

Tell me about it.

Doubt Smith will suit up against AZ. Would really help assuming we beat AZ that the Vikes beat GB so he can have an extra week to rest; but I have my doubts that will happen. If that doesn't happen, lets just hope Smith can play in the Wild Card.
Share 49ersWebzone