There are 371 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

what exactly is justin smith's injury

Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If it's serious it's time to bring in Ray Edwards (kinda similar to how we brought in Charles "the jack off king" Haley late when Bryant Young was out)

Haley was before BY and they played TOTALLY different roles

I wasn't talking about the late 80's Haley, I was talking about the 270 lb Haley that came back for us when BY suffered the leg injury against the Giants

Ill be shocked if Cowboy plays another down this season. Usually when Harbaugh is ultra vague about an injury it's bad.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If it's serious it's time to bring in Ray Edwards (kinda similar to how we brought in Charles "the jack off king" Haley late when Bryant Young was out)

Haley was before BY and they played TOTALLY different roles

I wasn't talking about the late 80's Haley, I was talking about the 270 lb Haley that came back for us when BY suffered the leg injury against the Giants


Good find, did not remember that
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If it's serious it's time to bring in Ray Edwards (kinda similar to how we brought in Charles "the jack off king" Haley late when Bryant Young was out)

Haley was before BY and they played TOTALLY different roles

I wasn't talking about the late 80's Haley, I was talking about the 270 lb Haley that came back for us when BY suffered the leg injury against the Giants


Don't yah love it when people reply to a post as if you are some kind of knucklehead who needs to have facts explained to you when the opposite is true?
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Haley was before BY and they played TOTALLY different roles

You don't remember when Haley came back to the 49ers short-term?
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If it's serious it's time to bring in Ray Edwards (kinda similar to how we brought in Charles "the jack off king" Haley late when Bryant Young was out)

Haley was before BY and they played TOTALLY different roles

I wasn't talking about the late 80's Haley, I was talking about the 270 lb Haley that came back for us when BY suffered the leg injury against the Giants



Don't yah love it when people reply to a post as if you are some kind of knucklehead who needs to have facts explained to you when the opposite is true?

Dont go trying to start ish when there was none intended in my response. If i wanted to call/treat somebody as a knuckle head, i would. But then again imo thats not my MO anyway.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Haley was before BY and they played TOTALLY different roles

You don't remember when Haley came back to the 49ers short-term?

Sure didn't
  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,865
In JH's press conference he said that he didn't play in Seattle because he didn't regain enough strength in the arm. Maybe some kind of nerve injury? I don't know how quickly a person would come back from something like that. Peyton, had a problem in his neck that kept him out a year. Presumably a nerve injury in the elbow would not be as significant.
Man f**k all you s**tty ass fans. We get smashed one game at Seattle against a HOT team in rainy weather after beating NE and all of a sudden everything is lost?

I miss Justin Smith. Dude is a beast, his loss definitely has a negative impact on this team. But to give up and say that we will be one and done in the playoffs? That is EXACTLY what you all said last year before we shocked New Orleans and almost made it to the Superbowl.

Thank God Harbaugh and the rest of our team don't have the same s**tty attitude as most of you guys do.

FAITHFUL TILL THE END.
Gonna need aRJF at DE and sign T.O. and Ray Edwards and see what happens. Probably gonna have to have Whitner play more near the L.O.S.
They are very crypic and mysterious about it. Why not just say?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They are very crypic and mysterious about it. Why not just say?

Because according to the logic of many zoners pre-game against Seattle Harbaw doesn't want to assist with the opposing team's game planning.
Can we overcome a Justin Smith no show during the playoffs? He is our MVP, our BEST player. Would losing him be comparable to NE losing Tom Brady or the Vikings losing AP?
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
If Justin Smith is done for the year so is San Francisco. Failing to address the d-line in free agency or the draft was a big mistake. We needed a receiver in the first round that hasn't caught a pass all year. Hard to envision a 1st round receiver being inactive more games then passes caught. You just can't make this stuff up. Signing Jacobs who has less then 10 carries all year and drafting a receiver in the first round who hasn't caught a ball all year is a great offseason.

Exactly. Our offseason was a total joke. We needed a true #1 WR and Crabtree is not that guy. We needed depth on the DL, TE, LB, S positions.
[ Edited by bigwads on Dec 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM ]
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
If Justin Smith is done for the year so is San Francisco. Failing to address the d-line in free agency or the draft was a big mistake. We needed a receiver in the first round that hasn't caught a pass all year. Hard to envision a 1st round receiver being inactive more games then passes caught. You just can't make this stuff up. Signing Jacobs who has less then 10 carries all year and drafting a receiver in the first round who hasn't caught a ball all year is a great offseason.

Exactly. Our offseason was a total joke. We needed a true #1 WR and Crabtree is not that guy. We needed depth on the DL, TE, LB, S positions.

That's a bit of a stretch. They kept one of the best defenses in the league fully intact. That was a huge accomplishment. They brought in two solid contributors in Moss and Manningham and Jacobs was looking beastly until his knee injury. Letting Costanzo go was a gamble, but I'm sure they expected improvements in offense and defense to offset that loss. IMO this year's draft is the only area we can justifiably gripe about due to a lack of playing time and productivity from this draft class.