LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

what exactly is justin smith's injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KEGster:
Only player on the roster more valuable is Gore. Our chances would drastically decline. Without Justin & BYE, we wouldn't return to the NFC Title game

No doubt Smith is a huge part in our defensive success, but he doesn't make up the whole team.
If Justin Smith is done for the year so is San Francisco. Failing to address the d-line in free agency or the draft was a big mistake. We needed a receiver in the first round that hasn't caught a pass all year. Hard to envision a 1st round receiver being inactive more games then passes caught. You just can't make this stuff up. Signing Jacobs who has less then 10 carries all year and drafting a receiver in the first round who hasn't caught a ball all year is a great offseason.
In Jersey its 30 degrees. After that loss I walked home slowly and without my jacket. Didn t are anymore.
Has anybody isolated the play where he got injured? Why do i get the feeling that it was some sort of judo chop by makins when cowboy was locked up trying to draw a double team or something.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just our luck a very important player that never gets injured, gets injured at the worst possible time.
Ya, i think he's done for the season too. The writing is on the wall.
Merry X mas to us
Originally posted by SFrush:
The thought of no Justin Smith for the playoffs is so depressing.

Not just for us but for Justin too.
I think he'll do whatever he needs to to play. I can't imagine him missing a playoff game
C'mon, guys, nobody has any hard data, nobody has talked w/ Justin's doc, so let's just cool it and wait to see what happened. This guesstimating on injuries is just a non starter. If you don't know, then please keep it to yourself.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
C'mon, guys, nobody has any hard data, nobody has talked w/ Justin's doc, so let's just cool it and wait to see what happened. This guesstimating on injuries is just a non starter. If you don't know, then please keep it to yourself.

To tell you the truth, i don't even remember the play where he got hurt.

does anyone remember the nature of the play where he got injured?

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Exactly.
Man i just opened this thread and went from depressed to numb. Probably worse if its some ligaments torn or muscles, than if it were a break. Patrick Willis used to play with that club on his hand all the time and be Bam Bam out there and still play very well. I really hope he can be back for the playoffs, because really our D Line is mediocre at BEST without him. It may even ben bottom half in the league without Justin.
i think the injury is serious, thats why they are so mum about it, they trying to see if there is any way possible he could be in for playoffs, the way its been handled it doesn't sound good to me.
If it's serious it's time to bring in Ray Edwards (kinda similar to how we brought in Charles "the jack off king" Haley late when Bryant Young was out)
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If it's serious it's time to bring in Ray Edwards (kinda similar to how we brought in Charles "the jack off king" Haley late when Bryant Young was out)

Haley was before BY and they played TOTALLY different roles
Share 49ersWebzone