There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are we overrated???

Are we overrated???

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Not an overreaction at all. The run game hasnt been the same since Kaep took over. Like you mentioned yourself, the run game has not been effective in the pistol. It comes down to gameplan with Kaep vs gameplan with Alex. Yes the gameplanning has been lacking all season, but this team IMO was much more effective with AS under center. No way in hell they come out gunslinging this week with AS under center, Frank Gore has had a career of stoping the seahawks and we come out slinging the football? and thats where the mentality is all wrong with Kaep.


Not going to blame the game on 3 straight passes to start it off. It didn't work, but if we ran the ball on 1st and 2nd and got stuffed and had to punt it's the same result.

This game was a complete team failure and to think it all unraveled because of the first 3 plays is just silly.

I get the larger point that our rushing attack has regressed which is a bit surprising because the read option has actually improved Seattle and Washington's rushing attacks but I don't think this is the week to point fingers. When we got blown by NYG, and Min we stopped running the ball as well. That's football.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Not an overreaction at all. The run game hasnt been the same since Kaep took over. Like you mentioned yourself, the run game has not been effective in the pistol. It comes down to gameplan with Kaep vs gameplan with Alex. Yes the gameplanning has been lacking all season, but this team IMO was much more effective with AS under center. No way in hell they come out gunslinging this week with AS under center, Frank Gore has had a career of stoping the seahawks and we come out slinging the football? and thats where the mentality is all wrong with Kaep.


Not going to blame the game on 3 straight passes to start it off. It didn't work, but if we ran the ball on 1st and 2nd and got stuffed and had to punt it's the same result.

This game was a complete team failure and to think it all unraveled because of the first 3 plays is just silly.

I get the larger point that our rushing attack has regressed which is a bit surprising because the read option has actually improved Seattle and Washington's rushing attacks but I don't think this is the week to point fingers. When we got blown by NYG, and Min we stopped running the ball as well. That's football.


Gore is a downhill runner as Sing once said. He needs to be the deep back with some momentum. This pistol formation is a big wierd for him. Lining guys up on the wings of Kaep instead of one back deep and possibly a fullback in front. Perhaps the Frank Gore effective formations is what we should be doing. That's how we always win. Gore gets going, we get a lead, we chew up clock, keep the other team off the field and win.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
No, we're not overrated. We just hit the lottery of bad circumstances.

A gassed team playing a hot team in the toughest stadium to play at. Seattle has victories over New England and Green Bay at home when they weren't playing half as good as they are now offensively.

Completely agree. Gotta give it up to Seattle their tough at home and they wanted that playoff spot tonight. Niners are still the better team.
No matter how we play next week against arizona kaep will still start, Jim rather go down with colin in week one of the playoffs, than go out in the nfc championship game with Alex, Colin needs to play hugh in the playoffs and keep drives going like alex and take a few shots a game not every play... Point is Colin could be a great player, but he's not yet and were playing a very risky game with colin. We need mr check down the offense is built better for alex at the moment outside of crabtree know one is doing well on that side of the ball under colin.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Not an overreaction at all. The run game hasnt been the same since Kaep took over. Like you mentioned yourself, the run game has not been effective in the pistol. It comes down to gameplan with Kaep vs gameplan with Alex. Yes the gameplanning has been lacking all season, but this team IMO was much more effective with AS under center. No way in hell they come out gunslinging this week with AS under center, Frank Gore has had a career of stoping the seahawks and we come out slinging the football? and thats where the mentality is all wrong with Kaep.


Not going to blame the game on 3 straight passes to start it off. It didn't work, but if we ran the ball on 1st and 2nd and got stuffed and had to punt it's the same result.

This game was a complete team failure and to think it all unraveled because of the first 3 plays is just silly.

I get the larger point that our rushing attack has regressed which is a bit surprising because the read option has actually improved Seattle and Washington's rushing attacks but I don't think this is the week to point fingers. When we got blown by NYG, and Min we stopped running the ball as well. That's football.

Im not blaming anything on one series. I am talking about the lack of gameplan for Gore. His average has been good this second half of the season, barring the loss at STL. His average tonight was 4.6 YPC on 6 attempts. Its the gameplan for him that is lacking. The fact of the matter is, Under Kaep Frank Gore has become an after thought, Under AS he was the bell cow.

Again, i dont want to make this seem like i am bashing Kaep, because im not, this loss certainly did not fall on his shoulders, i am simply stating that i beleive it as premature to start Kaep over AS, and change styles of offense in the second half of a season when everything was orking great prior.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
No matter how we play next week against arizona kaep will still start, Jim rather go down with colin in week one of the playoffs, than go out in the nfc championship game with Alex, Colin needs to play hugh in the playoffs and keep drives going like alex and take a few shots a game not every play... Point is Colin could be a great player, but he's not yet and were playing a very risky game with colin. We need mr check down the offense is built better for alex at the moment outside of crabtree know one is doing well on that side of the ball under colin.

I truely beleive this to be true. Harbaughs stobborness in this whole mess has been disapointing to say the least.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Im not blaming anything on one series. I am talking about the lack of gameplan for Gore. His average has been good this second half of the season, barring the loss at STL. His average tonight was 4.6 YPC on 6 attempts. Its the gameplan for him that is lacking. The fact of the matter is, Under Kaep Frank Gore has become an after thought, Under AS he was the bell cow.

Again, i dont want to make this seem like i am bashing Kaep, because im not, this loss certainly did not fall on his shoulders, i am simply stating that i beleive it as premature to start Kaep over AS, and change styles of offense in the second half of a season when everything was orking great prior.


When you get your *** handed to you the gameplan goes out the window. I'm sure we wanted to get Gore involved but when you fall into hole quickly it's very hard to go back to the run . This happened with Alex too.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Im not blaming anything on one series. I am talking about the lack of gameplan for Gore. His average has been good this second half of the season, barring the loss at STL. His average tonight was 4.6 YPC on 6 attempts. Its the gameplan for him that is lacking. The fact of the matter is, Under Kaep Frank Gore has become an after thought, Under AS he was the bell cow.

Again, i dont want to make this seem like i am bashing Kaep, because im not, this loss certainly did not fall on his shoulders, i am simply stating that i beleive it as premature to start Kaep over AS, and change styles of offense in the second half of a season when everything was orking great prior.


When you get your *** handed to you the gameplan goes out the window. I'm sure we wanted to get Gore involved but when you fall into hole quickly it's very hard to go back to the run . This happened with Alex too.

Yes. We got our asses handed to us. You keep going back to that. I am not basing my annalysis off of one game. Please go back and reread everything i have posted.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I truely beleive this to be true. Harbaughs stobborness in this whole mess has been disapointing to say the least.

Shades of Nolan.
  • IT21
  • Member
  • Posts: 12,081
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I truely beleive this to be true. Harbaughs stobborness in this whole mess has been disapointing to say the least.

Agreed
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Yes. We got our asses handed to us. You keep going back to that. I am not basing my annalysis off of one game. Please go back and reread everything i have posted.

I don't think there's too much to be said here. We had 2 short offensive drives and after that we were in a 14-0 forcing us to pass the rest of the way. That happened with Alex too. Giants, Minnesota.

I also said I agree with you about other games but it really hasn't been an emphasis on putting the pass over the run. I just don't agree with you that a vertical passing is bad fit for our team. See what Big Ben has able to do. Se
I wouldn't raise the white flag just yet. I'm not sure if any team in the NFL could've beaten the Seahawks Sunday night. They threw the first punch and had the 49ers reeling. The Niners were hung over from their battle in NE. If they are one and done in the playoffs then I would say Coach has to look for answers. The one observation I have is that James and Jenkins should've had more PT during the season. Just plug James in and he's off, Jenkins I'm not sure of, but play him next game and let's see something going into the playoffs.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
We are poorly coached

So 23-7 over the first 30 games isnt good enough for you?

The coaching isnt the issue. At all. Harbaugh will have to get better at certain things, but he took this team from a joke to a contender overnight.

We had to play @NE in the freezing rain, then fly across the country for another road game in the loudest stadium in the NFL. Seattle also happens to be very good, and the D was missing Justin Smith, and coming off a game that had them on the field a TON.

We had a very slim chance at winning tonight considering all the factors. Were going to wrap up the division next week.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Yes. We got our asses handed to us. You keep going back to that. I am not basing my annalysis off of one game. Please go back and reread everything i have posted.

I don't think there's too much to be said here. We had 2 short offensive drives and after that we were in a 14-0 forcing us to pass the rest of the way. That happened with Alex too. Giants, Minnesota.

I also said I agree with you about other games but it really hasn't been an emphasis on putting the pass over the run. I just don't agree with you that a vertical passing is bad fit for our team. See what Big Ben has able to do. Se

I disagree that being down 14-0 automatically means you have to give up on the run. In my mentality, that is where you go back strong to the run. Slow the game down, Rest the defense and allow them to regroup, and go back to what history has proven works. I also beleive it was a lack of run game that got us into that position to begin with. But that is besides the point.

IMO the vertical/pistol offense has been the worst f**king thing to happen to this team this season, and it was adopted with the emergence of Kaep, actually TBH they tried to implement it by forcing Kaep in there while AS was starter, IMO that was horrible and did more harm then good as well.. I understand you disagree. We will just have to agree to disagree on that point, since we are both running in circles with each other.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I wouldn't raise the white flag just yet. I'm not sure if any team in the NFL could've beaten the Seahawks Sunday night. They threw the first punch and had the 49ers reeling. The Niners were hung over from their battle in NE. If they are one and done in the playoffs then I would say Coach has to look for answers. The one observation I have is that James and Jenkins should've had more PT during the season. Just plug James in and he's off, Jenkins I'm not sure of, but play him next game and let's see something going into the playoffs.

If we are one and done in the playoffs, coach needs look no farther than the mirror for answers as to why we failed.