LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 177 users in the forums

Are we overrated???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are we overrated???

Originally posted by Loco49er:
Norv would be an upgrade. I was really excited when Harbaugh said he wanted to bring back the WC offense but that didn't happen. Now that they are changing the offense for Kaep I'm not sure what the hell they are running...the Unloaded Pistol Offense?

My worry is that Harbaugh will hang on to him the way his brother stuck with Cam Cameron even though what they were doing simply wasn't working for a long time.
Pistol is a gimmick.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
We are poorly coached

I'm starting to think this also,with the Qb change at the end of the year and all.Clearly out coached in this game and both ram games etc...
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Pistol is a gimmick.

I would be happy if they could get a gimmick to get a few plays off without a delay of game.
Originally posted by THEB:
We are overrated big time with Kaepernick. this team is build to play the slow paced dink & dunk game that Alex provides. With Kaep in, our defense doesnt get the 6+ minutes they need to rest, and they get exhausted because we dont sub.

Our offence is trying to forcefully be high powered and we just arent that kind of team. The square doesnt fit into the triangle.

This is correct. We are not a fast high powered passing offense..Changing QBs mid-stream also has affected the play calling..We are starting to abandon the run because Harbaugh and Roman think we have Tom Brady now..but now we are getting more 3 and outs..no sustained drives...no ball control...tired defense..etc...This whole QB switch in mid-season is backfiring.
A better word is inconsistent
Is it Greg Roman or does Kaepernick not understand the offensive scheme as well?? Is it too complicated for him?
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Is it Greg Roman or does Kaepernick not understand the offensive scheme as well?? Is it too complicated for him?

or Roman didn't expect to have a QB change midseason.
Originally posted by drakan:
or Roman didn't expect to have a QB change midseason.

Or Roman doesn't have a clue as to what he's doing, going from being a college running-game coordinator to an NFL offensive coordinator. meh.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by THEB:
We are overrated big time with Kaepernick. this team is build to play the slow paced dink & dunk game that Alex provides. With Kaep in, our defense doesnt get the 6+ minutes they need to rest, and they get exhausted because we dont sub.

Our offence is trying to forcefully be high powered and we just arent that kind of team. The square doesnt fit into the triangle.

This is correct. We are not a fast high powered passing offense..Changing QBs mid-stream also has affected the play calling..We are starting to abandon the run because Harbaugh and Roman think we have Tom Brady now..but now we are getting more 3 and outs..no sustained drives...no ball control...tired defense..etc...This whole QB switch in mid-season is backfiring.
these 2 posts = I miss Alex

No, we're not overrated. We just hit the lottery of bad circumstances.

A gassed team playing a hot team in the toughest stadium to play at. Seattle has victories over New England and Green Bay at home when they weren't playing half as good as they are now offensively.
Offensively things have to be simplified on the road in these type of environments. You just can't run all of those shifts with an inexpierenced qb.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Pistol is a gimmick.

That gimmick kicked our ***.
We are beat to s**t at the worst possible time.

We f**king needed that bye.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
That gimmick kicked our ***.

Washington makes it work, but they also have more intelligent playcalling overall. 49ers, whether they run the pistol or whatever other formation, have ridiculously uneven and unimaginative playcalling. Its getting to the point where I'm starting to feel again, just like during the Jimmy Raye era, that defenses know exactly what is coming.
Share 49ersWebzone