There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mario Manningham has a Torn ACL and PCL

Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Huego:
manningham gets hurt way too easily...he needs to put on some muscle

I guy jumped and landed on his lower leg at a horrific angle. Doesn't matter who you are, you knee is gonna blow out.

Time to call T.O if were not going to suit AJ


I mean - what exactly is it that is keeping AJ from playing? Can he not catch? Doesn't know the playbook? I just don't understand why he can't break the rotation.

waste of pick

Chill, I bet we see him this Sunday, have to, no one else left practically .Is LaMike a waste? But we had to wait for players injured in front of him till he came in, same here with Jenkins, I think.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Forget TO. I really feel bad for the guys who actually think they will ever bring him back. This isn't Madden.

Back to real life, I really hope the coaching staff does whatever it takes to get AJ Jenkins worked into the offense. Get plays designed for him to get the ball into his hands. Anything.

But the biggest guy that needs to step up is Vernon Davis. Assuming he's healthy to play, he really needs to be the #2 guy now...not the guy who has disappeared for long stretches of the season.

He only runs posts and stright sideline routes, he doesn't play Manningham's type of game which we need. Why do you suppose it's been so eay to take VD out out the game these last games?
At this point, if AJ Jenkins isn't a better option than a 39 year old reality television star who hasn't taken a snap in two years, then maybe he IS a bust. But, I'll be very surprised if we don't see Jenkins getting some action this week if only for coaches to see if he's got anything to offer before they hit the playoffs.

On the Manningham injury, that was a flat-out dirty hit. If I'm Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin or any of the others up there, I'd have to wonder if any Niner DB's or linebackers are going to come looking for some retribution next time they meet. After all, they ended a NIner starting receiver's season with a low hit just before the playoffs. Very low, lower than what they did to Williams a couple seasons ago. Let's face it. They're kind of a dirty team.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Another brutal loss...first Hunter, Williams and now Manningham.

that is some serious speed and experience we lost out on there....also, Manny and Williams had great hands when we needed them at WR.

Hunter was a HUGE loss that I think some still don't realize. I miss that guy.

that being said, many teams deal with injuries. We have Randy, Crabtree, Walker, maybe Vernon....and Jenkins.

I think that is more than some teams in the league. We are just not using them well, imo. Randy should be on the field at all times. I think Jenkins will surprise people around here. And might even earn himself a starting spot next year if he comes through like I'm expecting him to.

In preseason he showed ability to catch the ball at weird angles, get open in the back of the endzone on a broken play, and beat the secondary deep for Josh Johnson on a couple of occasions.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 24, 2012 at 8:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Forget TO. I really feel bad for the guys who actually think they will ever bring him back. This isn't Madden.

Back to real life, I really hope the coaching staff does whatever it takes to get AJ Jenkins worked into the offense. Get plays designed for him to get the ball into his hands. Anything.

But the biggest guy that needs to step up is Vernon Davis. Assuming he's healthy to play, he really needs to be the #2 guy now...not the guy who has disappeared for long stretches of the season.

He only runs posts and stright sideline routes, he doesn't play Manningham's type of game which we need. Why do you suppose it's been so eay to take VD out out the game these last games?

Garrett Celek. Dude will ball out, book it.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Forget TO. I really feel bad for the guys who actually think they will ever bring him back. This isn't Madden.

Back to real life, I really hope the coaching staff does whatever it takes to get AJ Jenkins worked into the offense. Get plays designed for him to get the ball into his hands. Anything.

But the biggest guy that needs to step up is Vernon Davis. Assuming he's healthy to play, he really needs to be the #2 guy now...not the guy who has disappeared for long stretches of the season.

He only runs posts and stright sideline routes, he doesn't play Manningham's type of game which we need. Why do you suppose it's been so eay to take VD out out the game these last games?

Garrett Celek. Dude will ball out, book it.

Can Celek play wideout?
I'm surprised Jenkins hasn't gotten into the lineup to this point, but really, they usually only activate three wide-outs and Ginn gets activated because he doubles on special teams. With Manningham done, we will definitely see Jenkins and I agree with Afrikan - I think he'll surprise some people if he gets the chance. He's got great hands and great speed. This will be a perfect week to see what he's got - at home against a challenging pass defense. I think the Cardinals pass defense is in the top five. The Niners will definitely run a lot because unlike the Seahawks, the Cardinals don't have a good run defense, but hopefully, Jenkins gets some chances.
And our Superbowl hopes get a little dimmer.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
anyone who is against a T.O. signing is more against it on a personal level. If you have watched him play his last year in Cinncy you'd know he still has it.

and even in the his only playing time with the Seahawks in preseason showed the ability to get open deep and run routes over the middle. With a combination of Flynn misfiring on his passes, and T.O. himself dropping some passes. (which should get improved on, the worry most had with him was his legs). And of course Braylon Edwards making the best of his own opportunities and being with the team longer, made T.O. expendable.

TJ Houseamilli is slow...he looked horrible his last year in this league...besides maybe Antonio Bryant, I can't think of a WR out there that has been productive their last few seasons in this league like T.O.

edit- don't get me wrong I think AJ can step in and help out....but would not also be against the idea of bringing in T.O. IF the team was interested in a free agent WR.

Come on now. Edwards got cut during midseason. What does that tell you about TO?

TO has long been washed up. He's bounced around the league and was cut during TC for a reason: he just isn't the player he used to be.

  • vaden
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,941
Originally posted by Afrikan:
anyone who is against a T.O. signing is more against it on a personal level. If you have watched him play his last year in Cinncy you'd know he still has it.

and even in the his only playing time with the Seahawks in preseason showed the ability to get open deep and run routes over the middle. With a combination of Flynn misfiring on his passes, and T.O. himself dropping some passes. (which should get improved on, the worry most had with him was his legs). And of course Braylon Edwards making the best of his own opportunities and being with the team longer, made T.O. expendable.

TJ Houseamilli is slow...he looked horrible his last year in this league...besides maybe Antonio Bryant, I can't think of a WR out there that has been productive their last few seasons in this league like T.O.

edit- don't get me wrong I think AJ can step in and help out....but would not also be against the idea of bringing in T.O. IF the team was interested in a free agent WR.

I totally agree. T.O. also showed real class and maturity in his interview on First Take last week. I think he'd be grateful to get another chance and do whatever it takes to help us win. By all accounts, he's still in excellent shape. Hard to believe he wouldn't be our 3rd or 4th-best WR at this point.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Forget TO. I really feel bad for the guys who actually think they will ever bring him back. This isn't Madden.

Back to real life, I really hope the coaching staff does whatever it takes to get AJ Jenkins worked into the offense. Get plays designed for him to get the ball into his hands. Anything.

But the biggest guy that needs to step up is Vernon Davis. Assuming he's healthy to play, he really needs to be the #2 guy now...not the guy who has disappeared for long stretches of the season.

He only runs posts and stright sideline routes, he doesn't play Manningham's type of game which we need. Why do you suppose it's been so eay to take VD out out the game these last games?

Not to be picky but Manningham does not run straight sideline routes well. He made that one great catch in the SB but that was the aberration. The knock on him in NY was that he allowed defenders to push him so close to the sidelines that there was no room to catch the ball. That happened again early in the game last night. Collinsworth even noted it.

It is a shame to see him with a serious injury, especially so close to the end of the season. He may not be ready at the start of next year. Still, he is not the quality of receiver this team needs if it is going to mount a serious passing attack. MM is nothing more than a #3 on any good team. He was only a #2 here because all he had to beat out was an over-the-hill Moss and Ginn. I wish him well. He is a good guy.
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,618
T.O, I wouldn't mind him coming back. We are a running team anyway, I bet he would bet he is still an awesome blocker and maybe a few 1st down grabs.
WTF, it's like WRs are allergic to this f**king team!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'm surprised Jenkins hasn't gotten into the lineup to this point, but really, they usually only activate three wide-outs and Ginn gets activated because he doubles on special teams. With Manningham done, we will definitely see Jenkins and I agree with Afrikan - I think he'll surprise some people if he gets the chance. He's got great hands and great speed. This will be a perfect week to see what he's got - at home against a challenging pass defense. I think the Cardinals pass defense is in the top five. The Niners will definitely run a lot because unlike the Seahawks, the Cardinals don't have a good run defense, but hopefully, Jenkins gets some chances.

A fair criticism, IMO, of Harbaugh is that he only plays veterans. In this case, the failure to develop Jenkins to the level he could compete is likely to prove a critical mistake. It is axiomatic that the teams that go deep into the playoffs either avoid injuries to key players (49ers last season) or have outstanding depth. In this case, we were so bad in WRs last night that Walker had to line up as a wide out due to the lack of another WR.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,941
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
anyone who is against a T.O. signing is more against it on a personal level. If you have watched him play his last year in Cinncy you'd know he still has it.

and even in the his only playing time with the Seahawks in preseason showed the ability to get open deep and run routes over the middle. With a combination of Flynn misfiring on his passes, and T.O. himself dropping some passes. (which should get improved on, the worry most had with him was his legs). And of course Braylon Edwards making the best of his own opportunities and being with the team longer, made T.O. expendable.

TJ Houseamilli is slow...he looked horrible his last year in this league...besides maybe Antonio Bryant, I can't think of a WR out there that has been productive their last few seasons in this league like T.O.

edit- don't get me wrong I think AJ can step in and help out....but would not also be against the idea of bringing in T.O. IF the team was interested in a free agent WR.

Come on now. Edwards got cut during midseason. What does that tell you about TO?

TO has long been washed up. He's bounced around the league and was cut during TC for a reason: he just isn't the player he used to be.


Preseason. VD did the same thing against the Rams in the end zone last season.Now make a gif of Ginn during the regular season letting a perfect pass bounce off his helmet for an interception, or completely losing track of a deep pass against Arizona last season.

T.O. had 983 yards and 9 TDs in 13 games in 2010. If he's even 1/3 the receiver he was then, we should sign him.