LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Mario Manningham has a Torn ACL and PCL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
FUUUUUUUUUU Jenkins better be ready to go.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Preseason makes it worse. I don't see how it helps your point.

TO is not a roster for a reason. Doesn't anybody see that?

Players are obviously more likely to be rusty during the preseason. Signing T.O. entails risk because of his character flaws, but talent-wise I highly doubt there are 150 receivers better than him. If we'd had him instead of Swain in the playoffs last season, maybe we have #6 right now.
Niners just have to group together and FIGHT. Green Bay won the Super Bowl two seasons ago with many offensive players on IR. I remember back in 1989 when the Niners lost Jeff Fuller-- a really solid safety for the season, I was bummed out. We dominated the playoffs anyways winning 55-10 in the Super Bowl. Champions have more than talent, they have great heart and play hard and smart.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Got to close ranks and march on.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
TO is not a roster for a reason. Doesn't anybody see that?

Same reason no one signed Barry Bonds after the Giants didnt renew his contract. Nothing to do with his ability to compete.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
anyone who is against a T.O. signing is more against it on a personal level. If you have watched him play his last year in Cinncy you'd know he still has it.

and even in the his only playing time with the Seahawks in preseason showed the ability to get open deep and run routes over the middle. With a combination of Flynn misfiring on his passes, and T.O. himself dropping some passes. (which should get improved on, the worry most had with him was his legs). And of course Braylon Edwards making the best of his own opportunities and being with the team longer, made T.O. expendable.

TJ Houseamilli is slow...he looked horrible his last year in this league...besides maybe Antonio Bryant, I can't think of a WR out there that has been productive their last few seasons in this league like T.O.

edit- don't get me wrong I think AJ can step in and help out....but would not also be against the idea of bringing in T.O. IF the team was interested in a free agent WR.

I'm with you bruh .Totally wouldn't mind having T.O back !!! We are in denial that he could be of good use. Leave the personal stuff in the pass, he has grown, he has changed and we need someone with that explosiveness right now. I saw a poster show T.O drop that T.D pass. Might as well show Moss drop that easy TD from a couple of weeks ago, not hatin but just sayin. T.O made an amazin grab as well, that was thrown behind him, but u dont show that right. Leave the personal stuff at the door and lets play football baby. That what he did with his last opportunities, dont understand the rejection. We're in a worst receiving core possiotn than last year, Plain and Simple. We dont act quick enough we'll be sorry. Wouldn't mind Chad Johnson either.
Gimmie T.O. or Chad now before any other FA. it would work, it would create confusion and a distraction for our oppnts
At this point we have one wr in crabtree. Ginn can't catch we all know that. Moss has had his good moments, Aj is a question. At this point we need to look at all the options we have in order to find a wr. I have no doubt we will look at both T.O and Chad. We really don't have the option not to. All we need is T.O to run the slant and Moss and crabtree got the rest. Were going to be kicking the tires on ever wr we can find... man i miss josh morgan... Anyways now I think were pretty much taking another wr early in the draft next season. CUT ALEX PAY MIKE WALLACE!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Dec 24, 2012 at 11:43 PM ]
  • cools
  • Veteran
Very sad to see Mario done, hope he recovers well

But it sounds like its a major knee injury that could keep him out next year too
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
At this point we have one wr in crabtree. Ginn can't catch we all know that. Moss has had his good moments, Aj is a question. At this point we need to look at all the options we have in order to find a wr. I have no doubt we will look at both T.O and Chad. We really don't have the option not to. All we need is T.O to run the slant and Moss and crabtree got the rest. Were going to be kicking the tires on ever wr we can find...

I think bringing T.O back would be a bad idea, but we're staggering right now at WR. A couple of weeks of T.O or Johnson I can live with.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 25, 2012 at 12:11 AM ]

Originally posted by cools:
Very sad to see Mario done, hope he recovers well

But it sounds like its a major knee injury that could keep him out next year too

Thats two Giants that have come and gone from last years team. I thought this would happen when we signed them.
Originally posted by Garcia:
fool dove right at the back of his knees

It was the most intentionally dangerous tackle I've ever seen. I've never seen a player grab a guy by the knee's and then get hit up high like that. They would have thrown a flag if that was Goldson doing that. They threw a flag on us for probably the most gentle tackle of the night by either side.

The NFL is a joke with the whole player safety thing, they contradict themselves week after week. Whoever makes these rules doesn't seem to understand that picking a player UP off of the ground is safe compared to nailing a player to the ground without giving them the chance to fall down.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Garcia:
fool dove right at the back of his knees

It was the most intentionally dangerous tackle I've ever seen. I've never seen a player grab a guy by the knee's and then get hit up high like that. They would have thrown a flag if that was Goldson doing that. They threw a flag on us for probably the most gentle tackle of the night by either side.

The NFL is a joke with the whole player safety thing, they contradict themselves week after week. Whoever makes these rules doesn't seem to understand that picking a player UP off of the ground is safe compared to nailing a player to the ground without giving them the chance to fall down.

Seems like there were bounties on us that night. Complete ref blind eye.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's tackle football. I'm surprised more players don't get seriously injured. Play at your own peril.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 25, 2012 at 12:19 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
It's tackle football. I'm surprised more players don't get seriously injured. Play at your own peril.

true
Share 49ersWebzone