There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
SportsCenter just replayed the Adam Walker fumble

Get a Job...jk

I was at that game too....why young threw to a guy with one hand ?
Fangio and Roman
Justin Smith and Frank Gore
Kaep & Gore
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Justin Smith and Colin Kaepernick

^This
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Right you are. We had 10+ wins 16 consecutive seasons. Now if you are right and Montana lost 5 and Young lost 6, and of course we won 5.

So in our 16 years of 10+ wins we won it all 31.25% of the time.

Now, if we bring it back to present, it would say that if we can win 10+ games for the next 2 seasons (total of 4, last year, this year, and next two years), we would have a good chance of winning at least one championship in that time.
There you go! Great perspective. I would caution that 10+ wins a season for a 16 year run is the longest single run of that type in NFL history so that kind of run, by definition, doesn't happen very often, but if Harbaugh keeps taking the team to the playoffs, chances are the Niners are going to go all the way again if not this year, one of these years. This season, I could easily imagine Kaepernick surprising a lot of people, getting hot, catching fire, and by doing that, making up for whatever the defense is going to lose by not having one of its most important players at full strength or on the field at all.
When was the last time a team was this outmatched on the OL and DL (on paper) and ended up winning...on the road?

I'm about to go to the pinned thread and rewatch the GB game.
A couple of receivers not named Michael Crabtree. It's pretty evident by now that Crabtree is the go to guy and I'm sure that the Packers are going to cover him like a blanket and Kaepernick will have to beat them some other way.

Unfortunately without an effective Justin Smith, the 49er's will have a tough time with Aaron Rodgers. Jean La Phew (whatever his name is) is not going to be very effective in the playoffs. He needs more time to develop.

The defense as a whole needs to step up.
Originally posted by Joecool:
When was the last time a team was this outmatched on the OL and DL (on paper) and ended up winning...on the road?

Good question! The Niners really should win this game. They should be able to harass Rodgers all day long and even if the Packers try to run right at Justin Smith's spot, the Niners should be able to stop the run. On the other side of the ball, there is really no reason why the Niners shouldn't be able to pop 4 or 5 yards per attempt on the run and if the Packers load up the box, Kaepernick should be able to hit receivers down field.
A lot of faithful in this thread.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Its replaying on NFLN Thursday night.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
If J. Smith plays and is effective then the 49ers have a chance. If not, then it will be an easy win for the Pack. It's amazing how bad the defense plays without Cowboy (the Cardinals game was essentially a pre-season game). Baalke better do whatever it takes to find his successor this offseason. Everyone will be looking at the QBs but my eyes will be on #94.

An easy win? Don't think so. This one isn't going to be an easy win for anyone.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by NCommand:
CK7...everything from pre-snap reads/adjustments, avoiding delay-of-game penalties, rallying his OL and receivers, accuracy, 2-minute offense, poise, etc. One thing that has worried me about CK7 is that to this point, he has been VERY lucky. The guy should have had close to a dozen turnovers by now. In the playoffs though, everything magnifies and those plays BECOME turnovers. This worries me...clock management and his two-minute offense. If he can keep the TO's down to 0, make the correct pre-snap and in-play reads and run a much better two-minute offense, we have a real shot here!

Culliver is my other worry. He has been getting beat and getting beat BIG on deep sideline routes as of late...some for TD's. He could be that X-factor that helps us win or contributes to a loss.

Coaching - 100% on game plan. This bad boy is on HaRoman here and Fangio better learn from his prevent-a-win defense against the Pats. If the Packers go to a no-huddle, we could be in big time trouble.

I agree with this, although I'm a bit worried about Carlos Rogers covering Cobb. He needs to have a game similar to the one he had in NE, rather than the ones he's had against Cruz and Amendola. I hope Rogers brings his A game.

That's a worry every game for me...dude's been playing half speed all season. I hope he steps it up this off season and earns his big paycheck!
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Justin Smith and Colin Kaepernick

This.....
Justin Smith and Michael Crabtree.

Justin Smith needs to have at least some sort of impact out there if we want our defense to flourish.

Crabtree knows hes pretty much our only option, as a #1 receiver he needs to step his game up and get open despite having double coverage. Its what Moss used to do back in the early 2000's, now lets see if any of that rubbed off on Michael.