LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
When was the last time a team was this outmatched on the OL and DL (on paper) and ended up winning...on the road?

I'm about to go to the pinned thread and rewatch the GB game.

This. GB is nowhere near as good as the Niners in the trenches. We simply matchup great with the Packers and are playing at home. The biggest thing to me is the bye week. The stars aligned for the Niners to get the bye and they needed it badly. We are going to see a ferocious defensive effort from the Niners.
Originally posted by Yunchang:
When was the last time a team was this outmatched on the OL and DL (on paper) and ended up winning...on the road?

This. GB is nowhere near as good as the Niners in the trenches. We simply matchup great with the Packers and are playing at home. The biggest thing to me is the bye week. The stars aligned for the Niners to get the bye and they needed it badly. We are going to see a ferocious defensive effort from the Niners.

I just now remembered an answer to my own question but that team was at home. When we beat the Cowboys in 94.

We have the better chance to win this but there are two x-factors that can change the outcome of this game: turnovers and Aaron Rodgers.
Originally posted by TheChozen:

Its replaying on NFLN Thursday night.

Just rewatched the offensive plays only (18 minutes).

Wow! GB's coverage sucked! Nearly every 5-12 yard throw was open by a yard or two. Saturday, their entire coverage will depend on the pressure they get. The read option will definitely freeze the rusher. I also wouldn't be surprised if we see some QB draws or Kaep keeps it after his first progression. GB lives and dies by the pressure they get.

I truly believe this will be a bigger part of our game plan on Saturday. Unleash Kaep's legs = more rushing = keeps Gire fresh = more TOP =keep Rodgers off the field. Kaep has a good sense of the pocket, but I think we're going to see some designed QB draws off the edges to keep their LBs honest. Getting to the edge is how you beat this Packers D.

The thing I worry about most with this is that Kaep better hold onto the rock!
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Jan 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM ]
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by verb1der:
The best game plan you can think of is to start Alex Smith? lol

Funny, but I"m thinking about advantages and Smith did beat them once. Just from a schematic point of view

Usually when you play an opponent once in the season, and then again in the playoffs the result is never the same (Giants last year for example)... but I think with Kaep starting (compared to Alex in week one), it leaves the Packers more planning than it does for us.

Either way, Harbaugh has been scouting/getting our guys ready for this game since last Wed. (he followed his 'wise' ole' gut and knew the Pack were gonna advance).
Originally posted by English:
Next time you call a poster here a troll, you are not going to be laughing.

I asked, I didn't call him one. But I understand your position, my apologies.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
my neighbor is a packers fan.. i wanna key his car so bad lol (huge GB sticker on it).. i think he parked his car on the driveway on purpose today cuz he knows i'm a niner fan

slash a tire or 4

s**t in his gas tank

Spray paint eat it cheesehead in Niner red on the hood of his car and lay a deuce on it!

hahaha love the suggestions

So interesting that is human emotion -- division over race, creed, religion, sports alliances. Willing to cause property & bodily harm. A few steps away from genocide.

i was just joking.. geez lol
I would rather play Green Bay instead of Seattle right now, but I would love a rematch with Seattle at the Stick for a trip to the Super Bowl!
Originally posted by ace52:
The Hawks' D can pose some problems for us.
Besides that, I don't want us to face them because our players always got hurt when playing Seattle (coincidence? hmmmmm):

Last year: KW (concussion), DW (broken jaw)
This year: VD (concussion), MM (torn ACL/PCL)

If we play Seattle and win, we may still sustain injuries that will hurt our chances to go further in the playoffs.
I'm rooting hard for the Skins this week...

Don't forget (Rocky?) body-slamming Alex's shoulder to start it all off.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Wrathman:
I would rather play Green Bay instead of Seattle right now, but I would love a rematch with Seattle at the Stick for a trip to the Super Bowl!

this. i want their blood on our hands.
The Seahawks defense is just a dirty, trash-talking team. Sherman has got to be the most disgusting big mouth in the league. I can't remember ever wanting to see a player injured, but I come close when I think about that guy. In my dream play, Frank Gore breaks into the second level and when Sherman goes in for the tackle, Gore lowers his head and knocks the sucker out of the game.

hope we take care of the packers so we can have another chance of shutting up this guy

http://q13fox.com/2013/01/08/watch-listen-seahawks-sherman-miced-up/
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
BREAKING NEWS: Huey Lewis and the News will perform the national anthem prior to the 49ers-Packers game Saturday at Candlestick Park.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
BREAKING NEWS: Huey Lewis and the News will perform the national anthem prior to the 49ers-Packers game Saturday at Candlestick Park.

I posted that info last Friday... Guess he is late to the party
I'm so nervous for this game. NE game was close, but this is a do or die game. I hope our guys come out strong. I remember last year, Brees came in and was on fire. But Whitner's hit totally shifted the momentum of the game.

Hopefully we can come out like we did against NE. But we better be ready for a 4 quarter battle.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest

Odd: McCarthy-led Packers NFL-worst 6-15 in games decided by 3 or fewer pts (1-3 this yr). Counts playoffs. http://ow.ly/gGmrw
Share 49ersWebzone