There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Why is nobody talking about our oline? These guys when rested take over football games. When they are clicking they are once in a decade type of line at running the ball. If you ask me this game was decided when the niners got the bye. They can't stop gore without loading the box. We know what kap does to defenses when that happens!

He'll yeah the biggest part of the game is an afterthought to most when they hear the mighty self-loving Rodgers is on the field it should be great. And I think bj Rajis aggressive style will bite him in the ass this game
the reason why we do not talk about the o line because the suck in pass protection. i am sure mathews will school the over rated staley and ck will be a more tatooed version of joe webb due to the packers defense
Wow CC...look at your last two posts man. Somebody needs to buy you a beer. Its going to be ok buddy.

Seriously CC, back away from the ledge!!! Is pessimism your way of tricking your mind to be opposite so that when we win Saturday night, it' more satisfying? I've played that game before, during the 94 NFC Champ game against the Cowboys. I hated that Cowboys team with a passion but also found alllllllllll the ways that we would lose and BOOM!!!!!! We started out fast and never really looked back after that late TD at the half.
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Dinged up has never been a major issue, unless it's one of the KEY players. By key, I mean the players you can count on one hand. Rodgers, Matthews, Raji, Sitton and Randall Cobb. In this case, I admit, the biggest concern is both the tackles. This is the only part where there has been a significant drop off. The biggest part of our program is draft/pickup unknowns and develop, ahead of regression. We have had starters go down, and some of the unheralded squad players have stepped in as the next man up. Case in point, our secondary, Brad Jones, Dujuan Harris. Now, this is not gamechanging, but it ensures that when we lose, we have no excuses.

Trust me, we are a hell of a lot healthier than most people think.

You remind me of my uncle, he's a respectable packers fan too, except for when someone mentions the bears

I didn't quote your analysis because I didn't read it all, I don't follow the packers so I don't have a lot to other than than excellent points you made

I asserted before that, regardless the condition of the Packers, its the playoffs, and this the packers we're talking about, they want it, they'll play hard.
If we lose the game Saturday, it will be the 19th time the franchise has lost a playoff game. Five of those loses came with Joe Montana as the starting QB and six of those loses came with Steve Young as the starting QB. I'm just trying to add a little perspective here. If we do lose on Saturday, it won't necessarily be because of the particular QB the coach put in, because as you can tell by the numbers, even with Hall of Fame quarterbacks running the offense, the Niners have lost quite a few playoff games.

(I didn't get a chance to put this on that locked thread, but I just wanted everyone to have a little perspective here.)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Wow CC...look at your last two posts man. Somebody needs to buy you a beer. Its going to be ok buddy.
i thank you for your concern philly but i stand my post on our offensive line and staley. I do not worry about ck saturday but the factors he can not control, like who will catch the ball and what kind of calls will roman dial up. and the problem with beer is that the older i get, if i drink more than 6 or 7 in a night i pee alot and can not have sex. ovary problems i guess and what the hell is going on with all this god damn dark beer s**t as of late? and why did they stop making regular keystone beer? ok philly now you have me riled up
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
If we lose the game Saturday, it will be the 19th time the franchise has lost a playoff game. Five of those loses came with Joe Montana as the starting QB and six of those loses came with Steve Young as the starting QB. I'm just trying to add a little perspective here. If we do lose on Saturday, it won't necessarily be because of the particular QB the coach put in, because as you can tell by the numbers, even with Hall of Fame quarterbacks running the offense, the Niners have lost quite a few playoff games.

(I didn't get a chance to put this on that locked thread, but I just wanted everyone to have a little perspective here.)

Right you are. We had 10+ wins 16 consecutive seasons. Now if you are right and Montana lost 5 and Young lost 6, and of course we won 5.

So in our 16 years of 10+ wins we won it all 31.25% of the time.

Now, if we bring it back to present, it would say that if we can win 10+ games for the next 2 seasons (total of 4, last year, this year, and next two years), we would have a good chance of winning at least one championship in that time.
Originally posted by cciowa:
the reason why we do not talk about the o line because the suck in pass protection. i am sure mathews will school the over rated staley and ck will be a more tatooed version of joe webb due to the packers defense

Take it easy man. I know you're probably nervous about the game, as am I, but let's not pretend that the Packers D is elite, shutting down offenses right and left. Their D is probably slightly above average, and I think the Niners will definitely be able to put up points against them. On the other side, the Packers will get their scores, as there is no way you can totally shut down Rodgers, but I believe we'll contain him enough to give us a chance to win. The game hasn't been played yet, so let's not act like it's over .
Is it f**king Saturday yet?!?!?
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Aldon Smith and Joe Staley
We need pressure on Aaron from Aldon and Staley to keep Matthews off of Kaep
[ Edited by fip24 on Jan 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM ]
rogers has to keep cobb quiet because that guy can be a menace

aldon smith will have to overcome his injuries and the absence of Justin Smith and remind us why he is the league's top pass rusher
Well if Goldson remember not to tattoo his own team mates like NFCCG where he knocked TBrown and Rogers on two possible interceptions that would've change the game. Rogers also need to play like it's 2011 since he's gonna see a heavy dose of Old Spice.
Originally posted by NCommand:
CK7...everything from pre-snap reads/adjustments, avoiding delay-of-game penalties, rallying his OL and receivers, accuracy, 2-minute offense, poise, etc. One thing that has worried me about CK7 is that to this point, he has been VERY lucky. The guy should have had close to a dozen turnovers by now. In the playoffs though, everything magnifies and those plays BECOME turnovers. This worries me...clock management and his two-minute offense. If he can keep the TO's down to 0, make the correct pre-snap and in-play reads and run a much better two-minute offense, we have a real shot here!

Culliver is my other worry. He has been getting beat and getting beat BIG on deep sideline routes as of late...some for TD's. He could be that X-factor that helps us win or contributes to a loss.

Coaching - 100% on game plan. This bad boy is on HaRoman here and Fangio better learn from his prevent-a-win defense against the Pats. If the Packers go to a no-huddle, we could be in big time trouble.

I agree with this, although I'm a bit worried about Carlos Rogers covering Cobb. He needs to have a game similar to the one he had in NE, rather than the ones he's had against Cruz and Amendola. I hope Rogers brings his A game.
The key to winning is to keep the Greenbay Packers offense off the field? Can we do that Kaepernick? Sure..if we run the ball and the offensive line controls the line of scrimmage...But the main person to winning this game isnot a player but Greg Roman..Unfortunately, he is more interested in auditioning for a head coaching job so be prepared to see him in shoot out with the Packers..in this case we will lose..Time of Possesion is key..The Packers can score quick..but less time you allow them to do that the less they will score...so having Kaep go out there and make Greg Roman look flashy with big plays instead of running the ball, it's a loss..
Akers/Cundiff and Justin Smith
SportsCenter just replayed the Adam Walker fumble