There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

I had cut my hair and shaved the afternoon of the Seattle game. I haven't done either since. I don't plan to do either until the Niners have no more games! Dedication!!
This has been a public service announcement! Gracias
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Why is nobody talking about our oline? These guys when rested take over football games. When they are clicking they are once in a decade type of line at running the ball. If you ask me this game was decided when the niners got the bye. They can't stop gore without loading the box. We know what kap does to defenses when that happens!

He'll yeah the biggest part of the game is an afterthought to most when they hear the mighty self-loving Rodgers is on the field it should be great. And I think bj Rajis aggressive style will bite him in the ass this game
I know we need EVERYBODY to bring their A-Game , but IMO , our safeties need to lead the defense on saturday , Green Bay will not make many attempts to run at us , their pass/ run ratio will probably be 70% pass and 30% run , and Rodgers will without a doubt put the ball in the air 50 times or more, and use a lot of multiple WR packages to keep our 4 LB's off the field as much as possible.

Whitner and Goldson need to step up their game in pass coverage , and bring it HARD when Vic calls for a safety blitzes ....it's important we limit what GB can do in the passing game, so I am expecting our Pro Bowl safeties to bring the house on saturday
My bad Mods , I thought I was in Niner Talk
Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick. If both take all the snaps, then we are guaranteed to win.
Our 2nd wr moss and 2nd cb brown
I'm not so much worried about our offense. I think we should be able to establish the run game against GB and I think they are beatable in the secondary. This game is going to come down to Rodgers and the damage he is able to inflict. If J. Smith is effective, that would allow Aldon Smith to get more pressure than he has been in the last 3 games. Justin Smith is the key player IMO.
We need Gore to be Gore for the whole offense can get going and Justin Smith on the defensive side of the ball.
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Why is nobody talking about our oline? These guys when rested take over football games. When they are clicking they are once in a decade type of line at running the ball. If you ask me this game was decided when the niners got the bye. They can't stop gore without loading the box. We know what kap does to defenses when that happens!

He'll yeah the biggest part of the game is an afterthought to most when they hear the mighty self-loving Rodgers is on the field it should be great. And I think bj Rajis aggressive style will bite him in the ass this game

eastcoast biased
Ahmad Brooks and Ray McDonald. Brooks will be matched up against a rookie RT and with J. Smith not at full strength, we need the left side of our defensive line to bring pressure.

Vernon Davis is also key. He will likely see less attention in this postseason now that Crabtree has established himself as a big time playmaker. Vernon needs to made the most of that and get open. Kap needs to recognize this and feed the ball to VD.
The offense is going to need Kaepernick to show up. Even if they slow down Gore Kaep can still keep them honest because of his running ability. As far as the defense goes, i think we need to be prepared to go without Justin Smith. He's got heart but his tricep can go at any time. I think we are going to see a lot more of RJF than anyone of us wants to but he is going to have to come up big.
Originally posted by HouseNiner:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
One thing I'll give the Giants last year was that they really 'generated' that old 2007 flame within which carried them back to the Superbowl last year. -Everybody seems to be comparing 'these' Packers to the 2010 Packers, when even Aaron Rodgers (himself) has disputed such, and that the mentality is far different (compared to 2010's 'adversity' mentality).

-These Packers remind me a lot of the old 49ers teams from 1991-1993, the offensive talent is there, and the 'QB' is present (so they're gonna be in the playoffs every year), but there's just too much age/inconsistency/injuries on the defense and o-line which will continue to cost them unless Ted Thompson decides to stop being so 'cheap'. -Another concern is that McCarthy's Packers have suffered more injuries than any other era of Packers football.

Packers have no business winning Saturday, and if it happens, it falls on the 49ers more than the Packers being the 'better' team.
About f**king time someone actually brought up a good point. Excellent comparison, and nearly impeccable similarities.

I agree about the Niners being at fault if they get knocked out, because while GB is a great team, they are dinged up. I want to write more, but so tired. Good night

Couldn't agree with you more! NO EXCUSES if we lose this. I've said this whole time that I thnk we come out like we did against the Saints playoff game and Pats game this year. High intensity, hitting guys all over the place. I watched the Week 1 game again yesterday and did notice that we have to contain James Jones. He's their top WR. Jennings has more talent, but Jones and Rodgers are madly insync. I wonder who'll be on him most of the day. Rodgers went deep to him 3 times in that game, all broken up, so we better be ready for the PA bombs!!! I doubt Nelson is healthy enough to stretch the field and burn our DBs.
CK7...everything from pre-snap reads/adjustments, avoiding delay-of-game penalties, rallying his OL and receivers, accuracy, 2-minute offense, poise, etc. One thing that has worried me about CK7 is that to this point, he has been VERY lucky. The guy should have had close to a dozen turnovers by now. In the playoffs though, everything magnifies and those plays BECOME turnovers. This worries me...clock management and his two-minute offense. If he can keep the TO's down to 0, make the correct pre-snap and in-play reads and run a much better two-minute offense, we have a real shot here!

Culliver is my other worry. He has been getting beat and getting beat BIG on deep sideline routes as of late...some for TD's. He could be that X-factor that helps us win or contributes to a loss.

Coaching - 100% on game plan. This bad boy is on HaRoman here and Fangio better learn from his prevent-a-win defense against the Pats. If the Packers go to a no-huddle, we could be in big time trouble.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM ]
Going to have to say Kaep and Gore. If those two have good days, we should win. Gore needs to touch it 20 times and we have like a rediculous record when he does, I believe I read we are 30-6-1, so why stop that?????

Just hoping to God this game doesn't come down to Akers/Cundiff/Ginn or we may be in trouble.
LMJ and Carlos Rogers