LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Originally posted by Beezy33:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--niners-should-throw-out-their-regular-season-blueprint-against-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-193008606.html

Good read, we better have changed our defensive game plan..or we might get burnt

Good read for sure. We have to get pressure on Rodgers early and often.

yah the game plan is gonna have to be different for sure.

I think this works both ways, not only between teams but also between offenses and defenses. This looks to be another way to write an article to slobber Rodgers. We have Kaep and they only saw him for one play and I think that's going to play into our favor more than our "same D" favoring Rodgers. He couldn't beat it the 1st time, and I'm confident he won't this time. As someone already pointed out, we already know he's going to throw it 45 times just as well as him knowing our D. But will they know what we're going to do with Kaep since he's a dual threat? I think the read-option is going to be a problem for GB, especially if Gore/James are gouging them early. If we're smart, Kaep will use his legs a little sooner in this game, instead of trying to get out of the pocket, make all reads, and then run 2-3 yds and out of bounds. If he makes those reads quicker, that's going to open up the middle of the field and their LBs can't keep up with him.

Exactly. Although I think Alex would have been a better matchup for GB (clock controlling / slowing down the game), Kaep is much more an UNPREDICTABLE threat to the Packers defense. The article would have served the author better to point that out, rather than use Atlanta as an example to define Rodger's expertise.

Actually, the 49ers are better with clock control when Kaep is the QB.

I also noticed that GB had a very easy schedule and they lost to any team with a mobile QB as there #1.
Defense has to be ready for the no huddle from GB.

I seriously doubt GB ignored what happened in the 2nd half in NE.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Yup. Must get em off on third down.
GB has lost this year @Sea, @IND, @NYG, @Minn.

Their only home loss was to us.
Originally posted by AaronRodgers:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
How come I still think we beat them just based on personnel? The game will come down to Rodgers slinging it (duh). Not their running game. Not anything fancy.

So unless the Packers try something completely new and create mismatches (LB's on WR's), then I still don't see how they'll do it. But in order to do that, they have to be able to establish the run, which the 49ers should be able to stop without stacking the box.

If they line up 4-5 wide and go no huddle, that's harder for us to stop in my opinion than anything else they will throw at us. They have four WR's that can really play. That means you have either a LB in Bowman or Willis on a WR or the Niners have to put Perrish Cox on the field. Or if they suddenly get Jermichael Finley super-involved, then that could be a problem in terms of accounting for every receiver and the TE. But then that leaves them susceptible to the pass rush.

I don't know. It just seems like Green Bay would have to do something extremely specific/new to change up how we will play them. Maybe they pass more to their RB's this game? More WR screens? No huddle/hurry-up? Not sure.

Yup, did you see the WC game last week? They had great success passing to Dujuan Harris and Ryan Grant as well as establishing a little bit of the running game. Those 2 combined for 70 Receiving yards and 60 Rushing yards.

Stop you're giving me nightmares!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Yep...but you know that our coordinators know that as well. We will be ready for that.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
NFL network was talking about this game and all they talked about was packers they barely even mentioned the niners.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Of all the teams left, including the AFC, I think this is our toughest challenge. Get past the Packers and I think we win it all.

I'm not afraid of the Seahawks at home. And I'm certainly not afraid of the Falcons anywhere.

We've already beaten the Patriots and our secondary is a strength should we need to play Denver.

It's time to turn the Stick into a FORTRESS once again!!!!
Got the day off work, going to be rocking all my 49ers gear, and if the Packers win my girlfriend (die hard Packer fan) is getting a DDT from the top ropes.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Got the day off work, going to be rocking all my 49ers gear, and if the Packers win my girlfriend (die hard Packer fan) is getting a DDT from the top ropes.

Give her the ole' "piledriver", uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh...
Can't wait til saturday, I'm so excited to be going to this game. We need our defense to put on their prime time game style of play.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone