LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AaronRodgers:
Yup, did you see the WC game last week? They had great success passing to Dujuan Harris and Ryan Grant as well as establishing a little bit of the running game. Those 2 combined for 70 Receiving yards and 60 Rushing yards.

damn 60 rushing yards between 2 backs

talk about gamebreakers
Originally posted by E-49er:
Obviously the defense is going to go how Justin Smith Goes. RJF and Aldon have not been able to set the edge on their side of the field since Justin got hurt. Packers resigned Grant and signed Harris because of what happened to them inthe run game against us in week one.They are going to try and exploit the side of the ball, even when Justin is in the game to test his injury against the run. IF they establish the run, we are in trouble with the prolific passing and all of their WR healthy. Hopefully the rest did them good and re-energized Aldon and the front 7.

I agree with this.

Also Fangio said it himself. "You don't change anything because of 1 player". So I do hope the defense is well rested, and that RJF will have his best game of the year.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by tohara3:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--niners-should-throw-out-their-regular-season-blueprint-against-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-193008606.html

Good read, we better have changed our defensive game plan..or we might get burnt

Good read for sure. We have to get pressure on Rodgers early and often.

yah the game plan is gonna have to be different for sure.

Meh, I'm not sure about changing your defensive identity based on the Falcons failing to beat Rodgers twice. They are the Falcons goddamnit! Maybe Matt Ryan should've outscored Rodgers to win the game!!!

Imo, the defense needs to stick to who they are, the onus is on Rodgers to prove he can beat it. I mean realistically, what more can Fangio do? Should he get cute with playcalls? lol

Stick to the Nickel, take away the deep ball, pressure Rodgers, and outscore him. That's all we can hope for.
who said anything about changing the identity...it's about giving Rodgers different looks ..we can run the same plays...just it will start out differently

We gave Rodgers TONS of different looks in the first game!! That Navarro Bowman INT was from a disguised look. So essentially we need to stick to that game plan, because it's meant to f*ck with Rodgers head. Week 1 was no vanilla play calling by any means. They even blitzed Carlos Rogers on Rodgers!

The article was written to slob on Rodgers c*#k like he's some almighty god, lol. C'mon Dilfer!!

Dilfer hates us ever since Alex got benched!!!!! I used to like his passionate commentary, but now he's going off the deep end!!!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by AaronRodgers:
Yup, did you see the WC game last week? They had great success passing to Dujuan Harris and Ryan Grant as well as establishing a little bit of the running game. Those 2 combined for 70 Receiving yards and 60 Rushing yards.

damn 60 rushing yards between 2 backs

talk about gamebreakers

Originally posted by Beezy33:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--niners-should-throw-out-their-regular-season-blueprint-against-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-193008606.html

Good read, we better have changed our defensive game plan..or we might get burnt

Meh, I'm not sure about changing your defensive identity based on the Falcons failing to beat Rodgers twice. They are the Falcons goddamnit! Maybe Matt Ryan should've outscored Rodgers to win the game!!!

Imo, the defense needs to stick to who they are, the onus is on Rodgers to prove he can beat it. I mean realistically, what more can Fangio do? Should he get cute with playcalls? lol

Stick to the Nickel, take away the deep ball, pressure Rodgers, and outscore him. That's all we can hope for.
who said anything about changing the identity...it's about giving Rodgers different looks ..we can run the same plays...just it will start out differently

We gave Rodgers TONS of different looks in the first game!! That Navarro Bowman INT was from a disguised look. So essentially we need to stick to that game plan, because it's meant to f*ck with Rodgers head. Week 1 was no vanilla play calling by any means. They even blitzed Carlos Rogers on Rodgers!

The article was written to slob on Rodgers c*#k like he's some almighty god, lol. C'mon Dilfer!!

Dilfer hates us ever since Alex got benched!!!!! I used to like his passionate commentary, but now he's going off the deep end!!!

You know I have noticed how he's changed his tune! Not surprised though, since he basically got Alex Smith'd in Baltimore.
The only thing I'd be worried about is them moving Clay Matthews around like they did in the Super Bowl vs. Pittsburgh. They disguised his assignments all game that way, sometimes dropping him into coverage.

Accounting for that would bring problems for our o-line. If he lines up in his usual spot more often than not, then it's not as much of a problem.

Good read! But this D has seen it all before, they've hosted and taken down the leagues most potent offense EVER in NFL history and they will take care of the Rodgers.
I think that article is a terrible read, personally. We aren't going to change what we do...because we don't do anything special. We just have better players that know how to execute a gameplan on D.
gotta give the defense the lead early.
ROCK THE f**kIN STICK

If it's within our power, would love to defer to start with the ball after halftime, GB is a team which loves to control/puppeteer the momentum (to cover up their shortcomings), and they always love getting the ball after halftime to keep a safety cushion within the last couple of minutes of the second quarter.

We're gonna use/need a new game-plan on all fronts, but the formula should remain the same, KEEP AARON RODGERS OFF THE FIELD!
Originally posted by Beezy33:

I think this works both ways, not only between teams but also between offenses and defenses. This looks to be another way to write an article to slobber Rodgers. We have Kaep and they only saw him for one play and I think that's going to play into our favor more than our "same D" favoring Rodgers. He couldn't beat it the 1st time, and I'm confident he won't this time. As someone already pointed out, we already know he's going to throw it 45 times just as well as him knowing our D. But will they know what we're going to do with Kaep since he's a dual threat? I think the read-option is going to be a problem for GB, especially if Gore/James are gouging them early. If we're smart, Kaep will use his legs a little sooner in this game, instead of trying to get out of the pocket, make all reads, and then run 2-3 yds and out of bounds. If he makes those reads quicker, that's going to open up the middle of the field and their LBs can't keep up with him.

Exactly. Although I think Alex would have been a better matchup for GB (clock controlling / slowing down the game), Kaep is much more an UNPREDICTABLE threat to the Packers defense. The article would have served the author better to point that out, rather than use Atlanta as an example to define Rodger's expertise.

I am not too worried because Coach Vic will add a new wrinkle to the defense that will be a game changer. For Example:

- Interception by Bowman in the Packer Game week 1 (showed he was covering in man then dropped into zone)

- Sack by C.Rogers in the Packer Game week 1 (RARELY blitzes)

- Interception by A.Brooks in N.O. Game week 12 (RARELY drops into coverage)

- etc...

Coach Vic has his tendencies (bend don't break, keep everything in front of you and PUNISH them after they catch it), but he has shown he will put his players in situations that the QB will not expect them to be.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1473526-san-francisco-49ers-playoff-matchup-against-green-bay-packers-favors-home-team

Good read

An article comparing the Falcons in the playoffs to the 49ers. Hilarious.

Is Rodgers tough to defend .. hceck ya, our defense will need to be on their best. I believe they will be.
Share 49ersWebzone