There are 191 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ace52:
Historically, the Pack often beat the 49ers by jumping out to big early leads (helped by big turnover like Adam Walker's fumble in '97, or by big play like Desmond Howard's punt return for a TD in '98).
We cannot fall behind early to this GB team, can't give up any big play on ST or D, and can't lose the turnovers battle.
Also, our team fought hard to gain the home field advantage. Our crowd must make this advantage count by being as loud as possible.

Hopefully the place isn't infested with packers fans; I remember even back in the mid-90s f**king convoys of Packer fans would show up, their fans travel well (and in packs). -f**k, you go back and watch Super Bowl XLV, and the entire (supposed) neutral site was filled with Packers fans that evening, their fans are like a fungus that won't go away.

-Sucks we live in an age now where the moment tickets go on sale, outfits stationed out in Arizona buy up all the tickets and sell them to broker outfits online (who double the price), and screw 'real' fans over.
Originally posted by susweel:
EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE !!!!!

"I don't care who agrees with me or doesn't agree with me, and that includes sportswriters, I guess, the 49ers are way better than the Packers," DeBartolo said.

Gospel from Eddie The Great!
Go 49ers!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Historically, the Pack often beat the 49ers by jumping out to big early leads (helped by big turnover like Adam Walker's fumble in '97, or by big play like Desmond Howard's punt return for a TD in '98).
We cannot fall behind early to this GB team, can't give up any big play on ST or D, and can't lose the turnovers battle.
Also, our team fought hard to gain the home field advantage. Our crowd must make this advantage count by being as loud as possible.

Hopefully the place isn't infested with packers fans; I remember even back in the mid-90s f**king convoys of Packer fans would show up, their fans travel well (and in packs). -f**k, you go back and watch Super Bowl XLV, and the entire (supposed) neutral site was filled with Packers fans that evening, their fans are like a fungus that won't go away.

-Sucks we live in an age now where the moment tickets go on sale, outfits stationed out in Arizona buy up all the tickets and sell them to broker outfits online (who double the price), and screw 'real' fans over.

They are like a green fungus with spores popping out all over. They stink also.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I've got a good tingle going with my penis. Looking good for Saturday, boys.

Whoooo hooo .. Yesssssssss

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch Per @TomSilverstein, #Packers WR Jordy Nelson did not practice today. #49ers

Cam Inman ‏@CamInman Aaron Rodgers on #49ers defense: "playmakers all over the field at every level"

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN Aaron Rodgers said he expects a good crew to come from Chico to watch game Saturday night at Candlestick.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
4. It's always better to have the bye week. That's why we played for it, and that's why GB wanted it as well. Look at the stats. The #1/2 seed have a much better shot at going to the SB than a WC team.
The #1/2 seeds have a better chance because they have been playing the best football...usually. However, as the Giants proved last season, the team that is healthy and gets hot has the best chance. Yes, it is usually better to have the bye to get players healthy, but that also means a team can lose its rhythm/momentum. In this case, it was unquestionably better for the 49ers to have the bye because the D was obviously tired and it gave Justin a chance to get healthy enough to contribute. Will that mean the 49ers are now fully rested and confident again? Will they be able to come out firing on all cylinders and get an early lead? We don't know the answers yet other than they did not play well coming off the mid-season bye. Will this be different?

OTOH, Green Bay is healthy and is coming off a very good game with a healthy team. That bodes well for them. Does it make up for home field advantage?

GB gave up 34 points and 200 yards rushing to AP 2 weeks ago. They then played a team led by Joe Webb and put up a measly 24 points on them. They never actually put the Vikings away until the 3rd quarter. How exactly is that a strong win? I watched every play of that game and the biggest thing I noticed was that the Packers offensive line cannot protect Rodgers. We will get pressure, JS or not (and I happen to think JS will play, and play well).

How again are the 9ers not playing well coming off of the bye? We didn't exactly back into the 2 seed.

We beat the Bears, @NO, Dolphins, @NE all after the bye.

People are taking that loss @ SEA with way too much sensitivity. We were coming off of an emotional win @ NE where our D not only lost JS, but also played almost 100 plays. We were gassed. It was the perfect storm for SEA...who also happens to be a good team. On our home field, we can beat them...and we can beat GB as well.

I think it has more to do with fans feeling towards Kaepernick. With Alex, we knew exactly what we were going to get and it was 100-200 yards of mistake free football. I understand how that would make a fan more comfortable. However, Kaep has only had one bad brain fart game and that was only 2 plays.
9ers fans who like the safeness Alex provided need to realize that Kaep has actually been more consistent and better. Understand that Kaep can give us that mistake free 200-300 yard 4 TD game.

What has me concerned the most is our running game. If it can hang with our passing game, then GB has no chance.

My greatest concern in the passing game is not CK per se, rather the lack of quality wide outs. Crabtree is the only WR on the team that could make the GB roster.
If the pack could not beat the Ponder lead vikes on the road, how are they going to march into SF and come out with a win?

This post reminds me when Madden was still doing play by play. In order to win, Team Y, needs to run the ball, play solid defense and not turn the ball over. I would agree however, if we fall behind by two scores, we are in big trouble. I'd rather see Frank/LMJ with 35 touches between them than CK throwing 50 times. Get a lead, pound them to death, but if we need to air it out, Rodgers will be on the field way to much (See Brady: 2nd half)
Originally posted by NJNiner:
If the pack could not beat the Ponder lead vikes on the road, how are they going to march into SF and come out with a win?

In case you forgot you also lost to a Ponder lead Vikings on the road. And GB will march in to SF and come out with a win the same way they did against the 12 win Texans who were 5-0 and HOT and the 7-1 Bears who were also HOT at that time in the season.

everyone picking the friggin pack, wtf? we at home and we had a bye, i don't get these sports talkers , they all say its cause kaep too ><
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Turnovers and special-teams mistakes have cost the 49ers dearly in our playoff losses.
I just hope that this season won't slip away from us due to one of those things.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
everyone picking the friggin pack, wtf? we at home and we had a bye, i don't get these sports talkers , they all say its cause kaep too ><

Kaep isn't bad he's just young and inexperienced..
Originally posted by AaronRodgers:

don't you got some car insurance to sell mr.discount double check
Originally posted by AaronRodgers:

This is exactly what they said about Ben Rothlesberger in his 2nd year when he became the youngest QB in NFL history to win the Superbowl.
Share 49ersWebzone