There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
i remember alot of us always wondered why our recievers never made circus catches or tough catches.. well we are seeing them do that now. its a beautiful thing. especially crabs! btw i think crabs is starting to become a niner! i think he likes it here now.

I really think Moss had a lot to do with that, he's had such a positive influence as a whole. I only wish some of that rubs off on Jenkins.

im not worried about jenkins. i honestly think he is gonna be a baller next year with crabs on one side and him on the other! draft a big large fast reciever as our fourth and manningham as our third! keep moss around as a 5th if he wants to! and maybe a late round draft pick for depth cause obviously our recievers have a hard time staying healthy. also throw williams in there somewhere! lol ginn i believe is gone for sure. he isnt versatile enough to hang around on our talented roster.

right now Jenkins will be lucky to be the #3....Crabs, Ham, and KW are much better and proven

at this point yeah but i believe jenkins has far more potential than KW and ham, as in route running and catching and speed! who knows what will have with a full off season of training and preperation.. he could come into camp this year with tons of confidence and refined route running and just be comfortable and ready to compete.
potential is a great argument but we have seen NOTHING from him that shows potential except for that fact we burned a 1st on him

well you saying we "potentially" burned a first round draft choice on him isnt a great argument.. who is to say that KW or HAM returns from their injuries are even the same player?

its all speculation man and that is my opinion.
they may not be 100% and I fully expect 1 of them to not be the same, but......I bet we draft another WR early next year and so far AJ looks no better than a 5th rounder.
LOL at Deion "He kissed his guns on them fools"
If we win a Superbowl Moss will not be back....he will have accomplished what he has been looking for.
Ya I know, but wanna dream that we get both lol. I just love what he has brought to the team this year. Leadership in particular. God I love that we get to have this convo in January
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
i remember alot of us always wondered why our recievers never made circus catches or tough catches.. well we are seeing them do that now. its a beautiful thing. especially crabs! btw i think crabs is starting to become a niner! i think he likes it here now.

I really think Moss had a lot to do with that, he's had such a positive influence as a whole. I only wish some of that rubs off on Jenkins.

im not worried about jenkins. i honestly think he is gonna be a baller next year with crabs on one side and him on the other! draft a big large fast reciever as our fourth and manningham as our third! keep moss around as a 5th if he wants to! and maybe a late round draft pick for depth cause obviously our recievers have a hard time staying healthy. also throw williams in there somewhere! lol ginn i believe is gone for sure. he isnt versatile enough to hang around on our talented roster.

right now Jenkins will be lucky to be the #3....Crabs, Ham, and KW are much better and proven

at this point yeah but i believe jenkins has far more potential than KW and ham, as in route running and catching and speed! who knows what will have with a full off season of training and preperation.. he could come into camp this year with tons of confidence and refined route running and just be comfortable and ready to compete.
potential is a great argument but we have seen NOTHING from him that shows potential except for that fact we burned a 1st on him

well you saying we "potentially" burned a first round draft choice on him isnt a great argument.. who is to say that KW or HAM returns from their injuries are even the same player?

its all speculation man and that is my opinion.
they may not be 100% and I fully expect 1 of them to not be the same, but......I bet we draft another WR early next year and so far AJ looks no better than a 5th rounder.

i expect us to draft a wide receiver eventually in the draft, and depending on how we trade around.. potentially a few receivers.

i think one of baalkes drafting strats is to not just draft for the now.. but for what he can become. i think he saw not a whole lot of need so he drafted who he thought has the POTENTIAL to become something awesome for our team.

i mean lets face it.. the kid has huge hands that can make him great for catching (even tho he has struggled with that, but i think its cause he isnt too comfy yet)
hes really fast and runs really nice natural routes. so he has all the intangibles just needs to pull it together. we have a great coaching staff that can really help him get there.

remember how young and bad Anthony davis was? hes blossomed quite well.. he just didnt have the opportunity to sit and learn.. he was chucked into a blazing fire lmao but i think you understand where im going with this. btw i can see exactly where you are coming from also.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Heard Woodson say they didn't anticipate Kaep getting outside the pocket or escaping the pocket so much, etc. Didn't they watch film, I think it's called getting outcoached and also getting Kapped.

People have said that once people get film of Kaep, then they will know how to defend him. Apparently, the Green Bay Packers were watching the film, "The Hobbit" instead of our offense.

Hopefully, the opposing team will continue to forget to watch film of Kaep the week before.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Heard Woodson say they didn't anticipate Kaep getting outside the pocket or escaping the pocket so much, etc. Didn't they watch film, I think it's called getting outcoached and also getting Kapped.

People have said that once people get film of Kaep, then they will know how to defend him. Apparently, the Green Bay Packers were watching the film, "The Hobbit" instead of our offense.

Hopefully, the opposing team will continue to forget to watch film of Kaep the week before.

no matter what they do.. itll get to a point where you cant fully stop what he does outside the pocket. when the play breaks down and he is running around.. he will always have room to run. maybe in his later years when he isnt as fast.. a lil beat down.. he might not be how he is but as of right now.. he will always be a threat to run on you no matter your game plan.

Makes you wonder. Like when the Jets said they broke down Frank Gore and said he has not cutting ability.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I would rather play at home. Not sure I want to see CK playing at Atlanta. But it'd be tough either way.

You STILL haven't learned yet? Our QB is for real and can make plays against any team. 446 yards dude, when did your boy ever, even come within 300 of that? He can play fine in Atlanta..

why do you make everything about Alex?

I don't, you do for the most part. But all that is over now, let's get on our bandwagon for the Niners going to the Champ game..and hopefully see the Hags at the Stick..NINERS!

lol really?

Ever other comment out of you is about "your boy" to various posters.

your comments are getting old dude, you're always trying to find something negative about our starting QB. like your post complaining about having a QB that wins games with his legs (soo pathetic). we are one game away from the SB and respecfully, if u want a QB that wins games with his arm, you can go cheer for Payton, Brees, Brady etc etc, u have plenty of choices.

half of the WZ knows why your soo sentimental, but that guy is history, he had his chance, time to move on... we now have a real and dynamic QB

yeah I am really interested to see how we match up against ATL if thats who we play.
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:
If we win a Superbowl Moss will not be back....he will have accomplished what he has been looking for.
Ya I know, but wanna dream that we get both lol. I just love what he has brought to the team this year. Leadership in particular. God I love that we get to have this convo in January

Right now it makes more sense to draft a young kid and build. If KW and Ham dont come back the same we need another long term option outside of Crabs (who is injury prone himself)....drafting a big tall kid who can play the Moss role would be big.

BS... All I know is Kaep, a QB, cometely smoked his old ass on that long TD run.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Right now it makes more sense to draft a young kid and build. If KW and Ham dont come back the same we need another long term option outside of Crabs (who is injury prone himself)....drafting a big tall kid who can play the Moss role would be big.

Ya that would be an awesome plan for our receiving core. Idk maybe were giving up on Jenkins too quickly, it's just weird how we spent such a high draft pick on him and like 4 games in he hasn't made1 catch. hell Ginn was more of a factor.... Oh lord thank god Al Davis took heywardbay
[ Edited by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT on Jan 12, 2013 at 10:46 PM ]
Man I remember saying over and over to 49er and Pack fans alike that we would get stops, but could the Pack stop us? Everything I imagined came to fruition except the score was actually higher for both teams but a 2 score nonetheless. It took this game for others to fully realize the explosive capabilities of our offense.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I would rather play at home. Not sure I want to see CK playing at Atlanta. But it'd be tough either way.

You STILL haven't learned yet? Our QB is for real and can make plays against any team. 446 yards dude, when did your boy ever, even come within 300 of that? He can play fine in Atlanta..

why do you make everything about Alex?

I don't, you do for the most part. But all that is over now, let's get on our bandwagon for the Niners going to the Champ game..and hopefully see the Hags at the Stick..NINERS!

lol really?

Ever other comment out of you is about "your boy" to various posters.

your comments are getting old dude, you're always trying to find something negative about our starting QB. like your post complaining about having a QB that wins games with his legs (soo pathetic). we are one game away from the SB and respecfully, if u want a QB that wins games with his arm, you can go cheer for Payton, Brees, Brady etc etc, u have plenty of choices.

half of the WZ knows why your soo sentimental, but that guy is history, he had his chance, time to move on... we now have a real and dynamic QB

Nobody cares what you think, really they dont. You have run your mouth for years and were doing it when we were winning with Smith. Now that its anybody else its about supporting the guy. Do I like Keap, yes I do. Don't believe me? Go look up the original Keap thread before he was drafted and look and see who was arguing for him. Or go message AB who I was Skyping with during the draft and was ecstatic when we moved up because I knew who the pick was.

Funny how now is not acceptable to make any comment about the QB....not ONE. Something you have done non stop for every f**king game and now that a change has been made nobody is allowed to make 1 comment without being called a hater or being negative....I call you a hypocrite because that's exactly what you are. What happened to your crying about 300 yards passing? Every little thing you spewed on this site every game non stop....but it was cool for you to do right? I make a comment about how I would rather see him complete passes and not have to run to score and that's a bad thing? I dont want him to be Vick 2.0 and who was he compared to in the info graphics on TV for rushing yards by a QB in the playoffs.....Michael f**king Vick.

If you were allowed to run your mouth about meaningless s**t when Smith was winning, I think I can bring up issues that are actually legit concerns about game planning, his performance, and his general safety. Or is now taboo to bring up a potential problem because we have somebody new at QB? You guys dont have issues talking about coaching, the OL, the DL, the DB's, the LB's, the TE's, the WR's, the kicker and every other damn position.....is the QB now off limits?