There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How big of a loss will Justin Smith be if he doesn't play?

How big of a loss will Justin Smith be if he doesn't play?

When he left the field... the pats started the 28 pt run. Just say in
Remember when he got ejected from the san diego game? yeah this could be a huge loss. Thank god we have good coaching and depth.
Originally posted by fan49:

Thats cause we went into prevent. RJF filled in well for cowboy in his absence.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I just watched the defensive snaps from the last Seahawks game. My impression? We're f**ked.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Smith is gonna play, doesn't he have like 200 consecutive games played streak

thats wat I was sayin.
Another thing is that Dobbs and Tukuafu are hurt but Cam is coming up so lets see what we got here.
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by fan49:

Thats cause we went into prevent. RJF filled in well for cowboy in his absence.

Watching the game it seemed like RJF, at first, was getting little push but got progressively better as the game went on.

Justin is a huge part of this D and we need him healthy for the playoffs. I would rather him sit this game and be good to go for the post-season. But if he is ready that would be the best of both worlds.
Another Smith has lost his job to injuries... Hope he's back for the playoffs, but this way we can get a good look a RJF cause I think we should resign him next season, I hate issac the most overrated niner on this board and want him replaced...
I'm torn as to whether or not I even want Smith out there. What's worse, no Smith or Smith at a very low percentage of his best? I guess it depends just how low that percentage is and how RJF has been looking in practice.
Originally posted by JerseyNiner:
well without J smith the pats put 28 pts on the board so u tell me? But we will win game

Not sure this is true. I thought Brady's fight back started whilst Smith was still playing.
Justin Smith is the keystone of our standard defense, but I think we can adjust and still run a dominant, yet somewhat different, defense with RFJ in there.
It'll hurt, but these are huge reps for RJF. Ricky was a budding star at LSU, but he had trouble staying on the field. I think he can be a legit starting NT, but he's better at 3-4 because he's very athletic for a guy his size. He's no Justin Smith, but he can very effective and solidify his future with this team with a solid showing Sunday.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Another Smith has lost his job to injuries... Hope he's back for the playoffs, but this way we can get a good look a RJF cause I think we should resign him next season, I hate issac the most overrated niner on this board and want him replaced...

Agree with all of this
It would be a huge loss if JS does not play, the world will end if he does not play.
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
It'll be painful. He's gotten a lot more recognition recently but I still think he's the most underrated player in the league.