LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

How big of a loss will Justin Smith be if he doesn't play?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How big of a loss will Justin Smith be if he doesn't play?

• Axl49
  • Veteran
I think he will play cause thats how he is wired BUT if he doesnt then we are f**ked. Been saying it forever. Justin is the most important player on our defense that makes the whole thing click.
Cowboy is the least replaceable player on Defense IMO.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erJim:
does anyone have any film on him getting injured? What happened to his elbow?

I watched the game twice, and the second time one of things I looked for was his injury.

I did not see it happen, but I am a bit blind. at times
I have a feeling RJF will step it up.
Very big loss. Did you see our defense before and after Justin Smith was in the game vs. the Patriots?
Will be O.K. but hes going to play. J.H. is not showing hes hand or hot hand
We could have a big drop-off but our defense is still very good without him in my opinion. 1 and a half quarters versus a hot Patriots team does not make me believe that we are garbage without J.Smith.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
We could have a big drop-off but our defense is still very good without him in my opinion. 1 and a half quarters versus a hot Patriots team does not make me believe that we are garbage without J.Smith.

Hopefully MacDonald can step it up again.

Justin Smith is right at the top of my list of favorite Niners. Dudes a beast and I love love watching him play. Having said that, I don't think we will see nearly the drop off many are expecting if he's out.

For instance I seriously doubt Harbaugh was all that surprised when Kapper beat up Chicago, or that Bowman filled in so admirably for Spikes when he was allowed to walk, or when Soap stepped in and played better than Franklin had. In each of those instances there was a large contingent of us fans who believed because of the absence of the player production at that position was likely to dip significantly, but it either didn't, didn't by much, or actually improved.

While there is nobody on this team that can replace Cowboy, I don't think his absence will have nearly the impact many predict.
Huge, but not catastrophic. Ricky Jean, you're up! Make us proud!

Ricky Jean will ball out no doubt. I would be more concerned as to how exactly SEA will stop us and not how we will stop them. 31 - 17 49ers!!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Hopefully MacDonald can step it up again.

That gave me such a huge wood when he still sacked him after his helmet went flying off.

I noticed no one protested the illegal hands the face call. Strange.
well without J smith the pats put 28 pts on the board so u tell me? But we will win game
I think it's a perfect time to see how good we'll be without Justin in the lineup. My guess is well be ok.
I'd rather him back healthy than under 100% remember its J Smith not Alex his job will be safe.
Share 49ersWebzone