There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How big of a loss will Justin Smith be if he doesn't play?

How big of a loss will Justin Smith be if he doesn't play?

No Justin, and Aldon goes sackless...
This is a huge loss. Justin Smith controls the line every game. Now, SEA's line will be able to make more room for Lynch and Wilson.

Its never good to lose an All Pro right before the second biggest game of the year so far. First biggest being in NE.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,224
Here's an even worse thought. What if he doesn't play and any of the 3 other DL get injured? Our depth there is a joke.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,018
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

49ers change DT Justin Smith's status from doubtful to questionable.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

49ers change DT Justin Smith's status from doubtful to questionable.

That means it is a given, "I expect we'll see the Cowboy Roping and Riding"
we still win by 2 touchdowns, with or without him. We are the better team.
sackless in seattle
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,393
I would rather have sit out the game, than have him exacerbate his injury.

We have clinched a play-off spot and we will need him in the play-offs.
it would be significant. The Niners have to stop the run of both Wilson and Lynch. The Niner offense has to remain in score mode this week.
Cowboy has started 185 straight games, he'll be there.
Originally posted by buck:
I would rather have sit out the game, than have him exacerbate his injury.

We have clinched a play-off spot and we will need him in the play-offs.

Of course, if the Niners win this one, he can sit out next week and the Niners still beat the Cardinals. That way, he gets three weeks to heal for the first playoff game.
i think he'll play but its really encouraging to have RJF who can play in his place and lay well if he is called on to do so. cowboys better but rjf is a starter quality player on every team but the niners because were stacked
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think he'll play but its really encouraging to have RJF who can play in his place and lay well if he is called on to do so. cowboys better but rjf is a starter quality player on every team but the niners because were stacked

True. He had a very important sack at the most important time last Sunday night.
does anyone have any film on him getting injured? What happened to his elbow?