There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Any concern after Culliver's game?

Lloyd beat Culliver for a few big plays, including the bomb to set up the tying TD and an earlier TD catch that was nullified by an illegal shift. Brady seemed to like the idea of picking on Culliver.

Obviously Culliver is a bright young CB, and according to PFF his advanced metrics are outstanding. Should we just chalk this up to a few plays made by a great QB? Culliver wasn't beaten TOO badly on any of these perfectly-placed balls, so there's that. I guess we can't expect the second-year player to pitch a shutout every game.

Thoughts?
Naw, not too worried. To my knowledge, if it still holds true, Culliver has only given up one TD pass all season. That was against the Rams when he fell down.

Tom Brady had some nicely placed balls to Lloyd last Sunday Night. Not much Cully could do. I believe a lot of those passes too were man on man, he was in good position, however, hard to defend a perfect pass.

Not too worried yet. I still want to get his jersey. The guy is a baller, that's for sure.
Cully is fine.

/thread
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Naw, not too worried. To my knowledge, if it still holds true, Culliver has only given up one TD pass all season. That was against the Rams when he fell down.

Tom Brady had some nicely placed balls to Lloyd last Sunday Night. Not much Cully could do. I believe a lot of those passes too were man on man, he was in good position, however, hard to defend a perfect pass.

Not too worried yet. I still want to get his jersey. The guy is a baller, that's for sure.

Didnt he give up a TD to Brandon Marshall?
Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

Didnt he give up a TD to Brandon Marshall?

Cant blame him for giving up tds to these guys. Its not like hes a shut down corner. Hes good but hes no Deion. LLoyd has been a cb's nightmare for a while now.
Didn't he also have a fumble recovery though? Didn't think he had too bad a game.
I noticed that he eases up on plays. That comes from mental lapses and lack of focus.
No. He's a very solid player most of the time. One deep ball I don't hold against him.
Not concerned. I thought Culliver's coverage was pretty good. Brady was dropping dimes in the 2nd half.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Cully is fine.

/thread

Indeedy.
no. he had good coverage on a lot of those. Lloyd is just a baller. Dudes got great hands.
Naw mayne dat b aginst Tom mufugh'en Brady ya dig? He b bettuh aginst da next Tyme. He be gud fyne dats fo'sho.
Not concerned. But this game showed it's still too early to release Rogers in favor of starting Culliver.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
He was barely beat on all those plays. not worried. like someone else said, he tends to ease up thinking the pass is not his way. more mental than anything.
Concerned? God no, any corner not named Revis gives up a few, and even he isnt the same against Brady. I really like our corp as a whole I want to keep them all as long as possible. How many back fields roll so deep Parish Cox would be their 4th man up? None. Cully is a star in the making and already good enough to start on most teams in the league. Brown and Rogers get a bad rap here sometimes, but the fact is when they are on they can ball with the best and on their worst days make a lot fewer mistakes then people seem to think. Right now I wouldnt trade our backfield for anybodies and that includes Cully, who is good now and has the kind of potential to be included in the upper tier of the position as he gets more seasoning. Are there better single players at the position out there than any one of our guys...certainly, but man I dont see anybody able to roll 4 and 5 deep the way we can when called upon, and that doesnt even bring out safties into the equation.