There are 194 users in the forums

Are Kyle And Kendall an Afterthought?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No, we could use both right now. Ginn would be gone if Kyle was not injured and Kendall is a good rb. They'll definitely be back imo.
IF La'mike, can line up in the slot once in a while, and IF he can return punts, he will render Williams and Ginn obsolete, this is good news, as that is a two for one and opens a roster spot.

Hunter is not going anywhere!
Originally posted by fip24:
I think LMJ effects KW's status much more than he does Kendall. The Niners will keep Hunter, Gore and LMJ going forward. Frank only has one or two more seasons as a primary ball carrier. However, if LMJ can become a reliable KO and punt returner, there is really no need for Williams or Ginn.
The WR's will be Crabs, Mario, Jenkins and maybe Moss for 1 more year. My guess is that Hunter or LMJ would be able to take the one or two snaps a year the Niners line up in a 5 WR set.

This guy's got it!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by fip24:
I think LMJ effects KW's status much more than he does Kendall. The Niners will keep Hunter, Gore and LMJ going forward. Frank only has one or two more seasons as a primary ball carrier. However, if LMJ can become a reliable KO and punt returner, there is really no need for Williams or Ginn.
The WR's will be Crabs, Mario, Jenkins and maybe Moss for 1 more year. My guess is that Hunter or LMJ would be able to take the one or two snaps a year the Niners line up in a 5 WR set.

This guy's got it!

I also want Moss back for one more year , Ginn will most likely be gone next year , not too sure if Jenkins will be ready for fulltime action yet , having Moss around is like having a coach on the field, his presence has been very positive, as he has shockingly become a role model for the younger WR's

Crabtree
Manningham
Moss............."I hope anyway"
Jenkins
Williams ....... "If he comes back healthy"
Draft Pick

I'm not too sure if we need to grab a WR until the 3rd round, it all depends on Williams knee, Jenkins development , and if Moss sticks around ....but like I said, if we win it all , I'm pretty sure Moss will walk away with his superbowl ring into the sunset, if thats the case , we will definitely be grabbing a WR with one of our 3rd round picks
Kendall Hunter is a stud. GREAT PICK. NO DANGER of him losing his gig, it's more about keeping Gore fresh. Hunter was really becoming a big weapon for the team.

Thank god we have LMJ......we wouldn't have the same explosion. I really wish he played in the St. Louis game that we lost.

Kyle Williams is going to have to fight for his job when he gets back, but it will probably be Ted Ginn who goes. Ted Ginn almost got cut this year, he took a pay cut.

People don't understand how important it is to have depth. It's a good thing to bring along your rookies slowly.
[ Edited by Oldschool9erfan on Dec 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM ]
If they both return healthy I think they both make the team. Hunter is a no brainer but much of this will be dependant on severity of his achilies injury. I'm going thru this injury right now and it's brutal (lost 5/6 of my achilies playing tennis). Less severe achilies injuries heal by themselves and I haven't heard that surgery was required for Kendall so this seems to be a plus.

Kyle Williams on the other hand does have value to this team and will be Ginn's replacment. Plus he seemed to have good chemistry with Kaepernick.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Dec 19, 2012 at 11:04 AM ]
why does everyone use this board for crazy speculation ideas! kyle an kendall not only started but balled out this year! i think even if we got some all star free agents this offseason, theyw ud still have to compete with these 2 to take their spot. we got rookies behind them for depth an they did great as starters kendall especially was a steal in that draft hes the perfect back for what we need. sry i just see no reason why we would cut 2 players that did so well for us this year
its not like their injuries are permament their nfl players they have the best doctors an rehab programs to get back in shape sht look at what AP did after his ACL
No WAY!

They'll be back and make excellent contributions.

Also, if LMJ goes down w/an injury we'll have an excellent RB and a very good punt returned on the team - ready to go.
Originally posted by stefano89:
its not like their injuries are permament their nfl players they have the best doctors an rehab programs to get back in shape sht look at what AP did after his ACL

Depanding on severity, achilies injuries tend to be more brutal than ACLs. So I am concerned about Hunter...

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Originally posted by IowaNiner16:
Hunter is so much stronger of a runner than LMJ but he's no Frank. We need Hunter and LMJ but I think we're gonna have to search for THE GUY.

I get the feeling LMJ is the guy. or will be in the future.
its kind of hard for me to get that feeling after two games. there is zero reason to kick hunter to the curb, zero in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by fister30:
I would be surprised if hunter & Williams are not back next year.

Hunter yes, Williams I doubt will be back after that ACL.
people come back strong after an acl. besides moss and ginn will be gone, we will need some help in the return game. this kid gets counted out alot by the fan base and keeps coming back. the acl is not a death sentence
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by cciowa:
they are both coming back. hunter especially. since moss may be gone and ginn will be gone, kyle comes back and helps us in the return department,

if you are not over something that happened almost a year ago, which means nothing now,,,, well i just do not know
No. Kyle and Kendall are two of our best young offensive playmakers. I think Kendall and LMJ will be our RB tandem for many years to come once Gore retires or degrades.

Kyle Williams is a solid WR. He will compete with AJ next year for the #3 WR spot behind Crabs and Manningham.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49amane:
I hope hunter can come back.. Do you think he can really be a primary back though

Prior to his injury, I had no doubt that he could be a primary back.

Now, it depends on how bad he injured his Achilles tendon.

Share 49ersWebzone