There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Idk why Baltimore comes to mind when I think of places Alex could be next year and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Harbaugh has already been talking to John about this as well Flacco has always been inconsistent and TO happy, something Alex has not been the last 2 and a half years or so.

Seems like a great fit too, strong D and strong running game.

Yeah, that does make a lot of sense too for Smith to go to Baltimore.
The classiest athlete ever. I wish him nothing but good luck unless he goes to the Cardinals.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Idk why Baltimore comes to mind when I think of places Alex could be next year and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Harbaugh has already been talking to John about this as well Flacco has always been inconsistent and TO happy, something Alex has not been the last 2 and a half years or so.

Seems like a great fit too, strong D and strong running game.

He may not want to go to another Harbaugh after this.
Originally posted by MILFS:
The classiest athlete ever. I wish him nothing but good luck unless he goes to the Cardinals.

Or Dallas.
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Idk why Baltimore comes to mind when I think of places Alex could be next year and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Harbaugh has already been talking to John about this as well Flacco has always been inconsistent and TO happy, something Alex has not been the last 2 and a half years or so.

Seems like a great fit too, strong D and strong running game.

I actually agree with this... He can do wonder in that team!

- 98

Didn't think about that as a destination, but Smith would be a great fit for that team.
Originally posted by pigskin:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Wish Alex the best in his future. He will start for some team next year.

Thank You Alex!

My thoughts completely. Hopefully he'll play for an AFC team, good luck (except when you play the Niners) Alex!

Agreed...class through to his soul; everything a Niner represents. I sort of hope he goes to a team with more of a spread offense and one where he can call the plays himself (ala P.Manning). He's that cerebral and I feel if he was allowed to spread out a defense with some quality receivers and a threat at RB, "he" could rip a defense apart with his brain, experience and poise. I would not be surprised to see him take off somewhere else and call the shots. Best wishes to he AND CK. I just want a win-win for everyone at this juncture...

I think ball controlled offense is a better fit for him.

Might be good in a patriots type spread/hurry-up O
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by pigskin:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Wish Alex the best in his future. He will start for some team next year.

Thank You Alex!

My thoughts completely. Hopefully he'll play for an AFC team, good luck (except when you play the Niners) Alex!

Agreed...class through to his soul; everything a Niner represents. I sort of hope he goes to a team with more of a spread offense and one where he can call the plays himself (ala P.Manning). He's that cerebral and I feel if he was allowed to spread out a defense with some quality receivers and a threat at RB, "he" could rip a defense apart with his brain, experience and poise. I would not be surprised to see him take off somewhere else and call the shots. Best wishes to he AND CK. I just want a win-win for everyone at this juncture...

I think ball controlled offense is a better fit for him.

Might be good in a patriots type spread/hurry-up O

I seem to recall he actually did damage in the hurry up offense when Dingleberry ran it with us. Another good point.

- 98
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Idk why Baltimore comes to mind when I think of places Alex could be next year and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Harbaugh has already been talking to John about this as well Flacco has always been inconsistent and TO happy, something Alex has not been the last 2 and a half years or so.

Seems like a great fit too, strong D and strong running game.

He may not want to go to another Harbaugh after this.

thats what i just thought lol
I'd like to see him go to Kansas City as the starter.
I think they should keep A. Smith as an insurance policy. Have him back up Kaep, 9 mill isn't much for a qb that can start in this league. Let him go and we are an injury away from being a troubled offense again.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I think they should keep A. Smith as an insurance policy. Have him back up Kaep, 9 mill isn't much for a qb that can start in this league. Let him go and we are an injury away from being a troubled offense again.
That would be great, but I just don't think it's going to make cap sense and the other thing is that Alex Smith wants to start and deserves to start. It's just not his fault that on this team, Harbaugh has found a guy who may be better for the team. There are other teams that Smith could easily start for. If he goes to Kansas City or somewhere like that, I hope that he, like Montana did, continues to live in the Bay Area because I like him a lot.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I think they should keep A. Smith as an insurance policy. Have him back up Kaep, 9 mill isn't much for a qb that can start in this league. Let him go and we are an injury away from being a troubled offense again.

$9M isnt that much for a QB who IS a starter in this league. It is FAR too much for a backup QB.

And as far as being a troubled offense goes.....would you say that last season we were a troubled offense? Because with handcuffs on and the "play safe" mentality engrained into his head, I dont see any reason why Tolzien couldnt do what Alex did in 2011.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'd like to see him go to Kansas City as the starter.


this! I can see A Smith starting in KC with Andy Reid possibly at HC
Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'd like to see him go to Kansas City as the starter.


this! I can see A Smith starting in KC with Andy Reid possibly at HC

Reid will take a year off..he needs to get back his family from all the stuff they went through
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,150
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Idk why Baltimore comes to mind when I think of places Alex could be next year and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Harbaugh has already been talking to John about this as well Flacco has always been inconsistent and TO happy, something Alex has not been the last 2 and a half years or so.

Seems like a great fit too, strong D and strong running game.

I actually agree with this... He can do wonder in that team!

- 98

Didn't think about that as a destination, but Smith would be a great fit for that team.

In that system would he really be better then Flacco?