There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith Discussion Thread

why is this turning into a memorial thread ?

he's still on the team
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Wish Alex the best in his future. He will start for some team next year.

Thank You Alex!

My thoughts completely. Hopefully he'll play for an AFC team, good luck (except when you play the Niners) Alex!

Agreed...class through to his soul; everything a Niner represents. I sort of hope he goes to a team with more of a spread offense and one where he can call the plays himself (ala P.Manning). He's that cerebral and I feel if he was allowed to spread out a defense with some quality receivers and a threat at RB, "he" could rip a defense apart with his brain, experience and poise. I would not be surprised to see him take off somewhere else and call the shots. Best wishes to he AND CK. I just want a win-win for everyone at this juncture...
Thank you Alex, for giving us The Catch 3!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Wish Alex the best in his future. He will start for some team next year.

Thank You Alex!

My thoughts completely. Hopefully he'll play for an AFC team, good luck (except when you play the Niners) Alex!

Agreed...class through to his soul; everything a Niner represents. I sort of hope he goes to a team with more of a spread offense and one where he can call the plays himself (ala P.Manning). He's that cerebral and I feel if he was allowed to spread out a defense with some quality receivers and a threat at RB, "he" could rip a defense apart with his brain, experience and poise. I would not be surprised to see him take off somewhere else and call the shots. Best wishes to he AND CK. I just want a win-win for everyone at this juncture...

I think ball controlled offense is a better fit for him.
when does the nfl trading open for the 2013 season?

I googled and could only find when trading ended for the current season

mainly I want to know if the niners can trade smith before incurring the cap hit
[ Edited by 49erfaithful49 on Dec 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

he's still on the team

There really isn't much else to talk about that won't turn into Kaep v. Smith.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

he's still on the team

watch it bro.

I dont care what you discuss, but dont go there.
Whatever happens to Alex Smith, doesn't change his place in the Niner family in my mind. He will always be a Niner who played his heart and gave his best every game. He is talented and will probably start next year for a team that needs him.
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
when does the nfl trading open for the 2013 season?

I googled and could only find when trading ended for the current season

mainly I want to know if the niners can trade smith before incurring the cap hit

February is the date every year.
Originally posted by NinerSince82:
Whatever happens to Alex Smith, doesn't change his place in the Niner family in my mind. He will always be a Niner who played his heart and gave his best every game. He is talented and will probably start next year for a team that needs him.

There are a few teams out there that would work well for him.

Until then, we have a solid backup on the roster which is nice.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Greatest 49er QB of all time.

This is the kind of post that should result in a suspension.
Idk why Baltimore comes to mind when I think of places Alex could be next year and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Harbaugh has already been talking to John about this as well Flacco has always been inconsistent and TO happy, something Alex has not been the last 2 and a half years or so.

Seems like a great fit too, strong D and strong running game.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

he's still on the team

watch it bro.

I dont care what you discuss, but dont go there.
ok
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Idk why Baltimore comes to mind when I think of places Alex could be next year and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Harbaugh has already been talking to John about this as well Flacco has always been inconsistent and TO happy, something Alex has not been the last 2 and a half years or so.

Seems like a great fit too, strong D and strong running game.

I actually agree with this... He can do wonder in that team!