LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers thinks Smith should still start

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Kind of Ironic isn't it?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113205/article/aaron-rodgers-alex-smith-deserves-to-be-appreciated
He's a stupid head
Alex Smith to the Jets?
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
Alex Smith to the Jets?

I doubt the could afford him and cut mark, I want a cutler trade, otherwise pay him and keep him always need a good backup in the league!
Alex Smith to the Jets?

Why you gotta hate on Alex like that? What has he done to deserve going to the Jets?
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Kind of Ironic isn't it?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113205/article/aaron-rodgers-alex-smith-deserves-to-be-appreciated

That's not quite what he said. He said he thinks Smith should go start with a different team.
Aaron dont want no part of Kaep thats why. Packs dont stand a chance with Kaep behind center.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Alex Smith to the Jets?

Why you gotta hate on Alex like that? What has he done to deserve going to the Jets?

Lol
  • Jiks
Yup, Alex got royally f**ked. But it is what it is. Hopefully for his sake he can go elsewhere and start fresh next year.
I think the Jets are a good fit for Alex.

According to the broadcast tonight on MNF. The Jets are ground and pound with a solid defense

They need a QB who won't make mistakes.

I don't personally want Alex to go to NYJ simply because of the awful media scrutiny and he deserves better!

• Jiks
Reading through the comments there's of course the common Alex bashing, but there also seems to be many that wouldn't mind having him on their team.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Dec 17, 2012 at 9:41 PM ]
He got a difficult situation is what he is saying. And that much is true.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Aaron dont want no part of Kaep thats why. Packs dont stand a chance with Kaep behind center.

They don't stand a chance against either QB. Smith basically blew them out 30-14 in their house, outside of their ridiculous return TD on the blown block-in-the-back call. First Niner win in GB in 20 years. I don't think it'd matter who plays GB, we can beat them.

Aaron is a good dude. He's just stating an opinion on a situation involving a friend. Alex Smith can start in the NFL, but barring something happening to CK, it won't be with us anymore. If I were him, I'd go to a team where I can make them an immediate contender. Several teams just need a better QB, and with a few additional pieces on top of that, could be SB contenders -- you never know.

Smith is better than the starters in MIN, NYJ, ARI, JAX, KC, OAK, and PHI. I think Smith fits best in those first three listed, but I wonder if he'd want to move his family.

Not sure he'd go to Philly. Nick Foles looks good for a rookie, and I think they stick with him.
Oakland probably sticks with Carson and grooms Pryor to take over.
Jacksonville and KC probably draft QBs and are out because they're not contenders.
Arizona with OL help would look ideal with Fitz, Roberts, and Floyd.
Jets with OL help and WR help would work.
Minnesota just needs some minor tweaks and they're poised for the playoffs. They seem like the best choice.
Doesn't look like Rodgers is out-and-out disagreeing with the Harbaugh decision. He's just putting in some good words for his colleague whom he respects. And I don't think there's anyone who doesn't "feel" for Smith. The dude did nothing to lose his job, plain and simple. And yet it was still the right decision, and we're better with CK. So yeah, it is what it is.

If there's a Smith destination I'm "rooting" for as a fan of the guy, it would probably be Minnesota. He would get to play with some good weapons on a middling team with a chance to lead them on some playoff runs. As a 49er fan, however, I guess I should probably root for him to fail or to succeed only with an AFC team.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:

They don't stand a chance against either QB. Smith basically blew them out 30-14 in their house, outside of their ridiculous return TD on the blown block-in-the-back call. First Niner win in GB in 20 years. I don't think it'd matter who plays GB, we can beat them.

Aaron is a good dude. He's just stating an opinion on a situation involving a friend. Alex Smith can start in the NFL, but barring something happening to CK, it won't be with us anymore. If I were him, I'd go to a team where I can make them an immediate contender. Several teams just need a better QB, and with a few additional pieces on top of that, could be SB contenders -- you never know.

Smith is better than the starters in MIN, NYJ, ARI, JAX, KC, OAK, and PHI. I think Smith fits best in those first three listed, but I wonder if he'd want to move his family.

Not sure he'd go to Philly. Nick Foles looks good for a rookie, and I think they stick with him.
Oakland probably sticks with Carson and grooms Pryor to take over.
Jacksonville and KC probably draft QBs and are out because they're not contenders.
Arizona with OL help would look ideal with Fitz, Roberts, and Floyd.
Jets with OL help and WR help would work.
Minnesota just needs some minor tweaks and they're poised for the playoffs. They seem like the best choice.

sing is in MIN, don't think so
Share 49ersWebzone