LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 262 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers thinks Smith should still start

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Aaron Rodgers can SMK
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
It is a shame that Kaepernick looks pretty good?

Tom Brady is pretty good, top three all time perhaps but he was outplayed by Kaepernick last night. The prevent defense gave up a lot of easy yards.

I don't know what game you were watching but that is not true. Kaep did not outplay Brady Sunday night. Don't get me wrong, Kaep had a good game but he did not outplay Brady. Brady was going against arguably the best defense in the NFL and after some adjustments at half time made our D look pathetic. Other then the two picks, one of which was not his fault, Brady played lights out against a stellar D.
Kaep on the other hand played good but the reality is he got lucky.... 4 fumbled snaps.... fortunately one was picked up by Gore and taken in for a touchdown, and he was lucky that he got on top of the others. The pick was much like the one pick of Brady's.... good throw, but better defense. Also, I would argue that the reason that the Pats came back so easily was that Kaep froze up and for most of the 3rd and 4th quarter and could do nothing. It was like 4, 3 and outs. Gave Brady way too much time. And put our defense on the field way too long with the uptempo offense that the Pats run.
Now by no means am I bashing Kaep rather just saying he did not outplay Brady. I hope one day he will be to that level but this game he did not.
Originally posted by lifelong9erfan:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
It is a shame that Kaepernick looks pretty good?

Tom Brady is pretty good, top three all time perhaps but he was outplayed by Kaepernick last night. The prevent defense gave up a lot of easy yards.

I don't know what game you were watching but that is not true. Kaep did not outplay Brady Sunday night. Don't get me wrong, Kaep had a good game but he did not outplay Brady. Brady was going against arguably the best defense in the NFL and after some adjustments at half time made our D look pathetic. Other then the two picks, one of which was not his fault, Brady played lights out against a stellar D.
Kaep on the other hand played good but the reality is he got lucky.... 4 fumbled snaps.... fortunately one was picked up by Gore and taken in for a touchdown, and he was lucky that he got on top of the others. The pick was much like the one pick of Brady's.... good throw, but better defense. Also, I would argue that the reason that the Pats came back so easily was that Kaep froze up and for most of the 3rd and 4th quarter and could do nothing. It was like 4, 3 and outs. Gave Brady way too much time. And put our defense on the field way too long with the uptempo offense that the Pats run.
Now by no means am I bashing Kaep rather just saying he did not outplay Brady. I hope one day he will be to that level but this game he did not.

it's called a prevent Defense..which is a zone..way different then what the Defense was playing in the first half..it gives the offense the short plays while keeping the clock running.

Kaep played way better then cry baby Brady
kaep is just a special freak of nature, he is not losing the position.
Alex should start for another team next year. ARI, MIN or NYJ will be a good place for him.
Originally posted by lifelong9erfan:
Kaepernick is the first 49ers QB since Jeff Garcia in 2003 to throw four TD passes in a game. Brady threw one touchdown pass and two interceptions. He had 19 touchdowns and one interception in his previous seven games. You're right Kap didn't outplay him!
I think when Joe Flacco leaves Baltimore this offseason, the Ravens will appreciate Alex Smith, I will appreciate the cap-room to sign Dashon Goldson that his leaving will bring, I also appreciate his hard work over the last several years, and I will further appreciate all to rocket armed passes Colin Kaepernik will be tossing to our wide receivers for the next decade! This makes me think our wide receivers appreciate being a relevant part of our offense again, because Alex did not seem to appreciate their hard work.
Alex will get picked up by a team that is in QB limbo. He will be cheap and they will be replace him the instant they find their franchise QB.

Alex may make a good assistant coach one day but that's about it.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Aaron dont want no part of Kaep thats why. Packs dont stand a chance with Kaep behind center.

They don't stand a chance against either QB. Smith basically blew them out 30-14 in their house, outside of their ridiculous return TD on the blown block-in-the-back call. First Niner win in GB in 20 years. I don't think it'd matter who plays GB, we can beat them.

Aaron is a good dude. He's just stating an opinion on a situation involving a friend. Alex Smith can start in the NFL, but barring something happening to CK, it won't be with us anymore. If I were him, I'd go to a team where I can make them an immediate contender. Several teams just need a better QB, and with a few additional pieces on top of that, could be SB contenders -- you never know.

Smith is better than the starters in MIN, NYJ, ARI, JAX, KC, OAK, and PHI. I think Smith fits best in those first three listed, but I wonder if he'd want to move his family.

Not sure he'd go to Philly. Nick Foles looks good for a rookie, and I think they stick with him.
Oakland probably sticks with Carson and grooms Pryor to take over.
Jacksonville and KC probably draft QBs and are out because they're not contenders.
Arizona with OL help would look ideal with Fitz, Roberts, and Floyd.
Jets with OL help and WR help would work.
Minnesota just needs some minor tweaks and they're poised for the playoffs. They seem like the best choice.

I've been saying Min, Az and Phi would be good places. I think if he has his choice it should be Min...but if he choses Az, I'd understand...he would not have to move. 1.5 hour flight and he could see his family every week during camp and the regular season.
Originally posted by Amir:
Aaron Rodgers can SMK

This.

Who gives a f**k what Aaron Rodgers has to say?

Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Yup, Alex got royally f**ked. But it is what it is. Hopefully for his sake he can go elsewhere and start fresh next year.

Alex had years to rise to the occasion.

he was the "best until the next"

Alex is the definition of journeymen

with a 104 QB rating... Alex is a top 10 QB...but he's being replaced by a potential future HoFer. Brady would have been hard pressed to do anything with the team that Alex walked into.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Dec 18, 2012 at 9:51 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Maybe Alex can go back up Aaron next year.
yeah alex got shafted, yeah it's not fair, and Rodgers is backing up a friend more than anything.

but Kaepernick is a better football player than Alex Smith. (as much as i've been defending Alex) it wouldn't be fair for the rest of the test to start Alex Smith.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Alex will get picked up by a team that is in QB limbo. He will be cheap and they will be replace him the instant they find their franchise QB.

Alex may make a good assistant coach one day but that's about it.

I think you're very wrong about this. I think Alex will continue to be ranked a top 10 qb over the course of his career.
Someone mentioned it...Ravens could be a good place for Alex as well if they let Flacco go.
Share 49ersWebzone