There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tedd Ginn Jr. - I Told You So

Originally posted by goldrush49:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
That letting the first punt roll down to the 2-yard line to start the last game was a classic. Really, what's wrong with him lately?

The announcer covered for him, and said "he musta thought he was on the 10 and not the 20"

makes sense. Ginn has been solid. If all he does is secure the ball with 0 return yards, IDGAF, that's good enough for me.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
lol. That's quite an achievement on Niner Talk!

It looks to me as if Ginn let the pressure get to him last game.

He put the offense in a deep hole to start the game--on a terrible punt return play.

I think Ginn needs to step his play up, both on punt returns, AND AS A RECEIVER!

We're down to Crabs, Moss and Ginn at WR, unless AJ suddenly matures. Ginn has alot more experience than AJ, and has the physical tools.

Seems like he just lacks sufficient motivation to overcome his anxieties. Somebody, some coach, needs to get in his ear this week and get him pumped up! Turn all that concern and worry he's got into something positive--and make sure he knows that he's gotta step up and make some plays. He's got the physical tools to do so, get his mind right!

IMHO.

Ginn needs to go...we have other guys who can return kicks and catch the ball. I had hopes for him last year...he became a real KR threat, but he's regressed a lot this season. Good bet he's not on the team next year.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
During the offseason and training camp I was one of a few around here that felt that Ginn should have been cut, and I was castigated for it. I thought his one-dimensional nature made him unfit for a roster spot on this deep team. From what I've observed it seems Ginn should never have been given a roster spot. Ginn seems glaringly timid in the return gam and is his usual unreliable self in the receiving game, especially in the past few games. He doesn't seem like he even wants to be on the field, or are my eyes deceiving me? I told you so, Tedd Ginn Jr. should have been cut.


The problem with your gloating is this - when you made your statements, Ted Ginn was coming off a season in which he was highly valuable as a punt returner, as you should have learned when his backup let a possible championship slip out of his hands (twice). Nobody, including yourself, knew Ginn would run into a crappy return man the next season. It's easy to say "I told you so" after you got lucky with your thoughts, but if Ginn hadn't dropped off so badly, would you have thought to make this thread?
I didn't know we were allowed to make "I told you so" threads. But anyways, I don't think anyone thought Ginn would fall off like this. He looks terrible.
Originally posted by goldrush49:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
That letting the first punt roll down to the 2-yard line to start the last game was a classic. Really, what's wrong with him lately?

The announcer covered for him, and said "he musta thought he was on the 10 and not the 20"
As if that's an excuse for a veteran like Ginn. Come on. You at least need to know where you are on the field. That's a mistake rookies make. He did have a nice return in the Cardinals game later on, though. Maybe he'll come around. Let's hope so.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
As if that's an excuse for a veteran like Ginn. Come on. You at least need to know where you are on the field. That's a mistake rookies make. He did have a nice return in the Cardinals game later on, though. Maybe he'll come around. Let's hope so.

we need him to come up big against the packers
I think he's not having a great year. But I still trust him more to return punts than Kyle Williams (who is injured anyway) in the playoffs. Not sure if I trust LMJ's on the kickoff returns based on preseason. But he has been playing better.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think he's not having a great year. But I still trust him more to return punts than Kyle Williams (who is injured anyway) in the playoffs. Not sure if I trust LMJ's on the kickoff returns based on preseason. But he has been playing better.


LMJ has been returning kicks lately too. He had a 60-some yarder against the Pats that set up the winning score. Was a momentum shifting thing, pretty durn good
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think he's not having a great year. But I still trust him more to return punts than Kyle Williams (who is injured anyway) in the playoffs. Not sure if I trust LMJ's on the kickoff returns based on preseason. But he has been playing better.


LMJ has been returning kicks lately too. He had a 60-some yarder against the Pats that set up the winning score. Was a momentum shifting thing, pretty durn good


In preseason ball security was not his strong suit. Which worries me in the playoffs for a young rookie who will feel the pressure (LMJ).
Originally posted by 49erRider:
The problem with your gloating is this - when you made your statements, Ted Ginn was coming off a season in which he was highly valuable as a punt returner, as you should have learned when his backup let a possible championship slip out of his hands (twice). Nobody, including yourself, knew Ginn would run into a crappy return man the next season. It's easy to say "I told you so" after you got lucky with your thoughts, but if Ginn hadn't dropped off so badly, would you have thought to make this thread?
That's a silly question. From the beginning my issues with Ginn was his one-dimensional nature on a team as deep as ours. Ginn has never really displayed consistent play at the position he was drafted. And you'll notice we haven't seen much of the fly-sweep this season. His value to this team has been minimal , and has been for some time. As for his "backup", K. Williams, he's a far better WR, and a lot tougher, than Ginn will ever be.
I like LMJ on kick returns, but Ginn has the safer hands on punt returns. Yeah, he's goofed a couple this season, but Id rather have him back there making those fair catches than God forbid Kyle Williams.
Yeah we need Ginn to play like he did last year. The field position hasn't been quite the same. I don't know what's up with him this year but he's not using his speed and not finding and hitting holes. He seems to be playing 'soft' and unmotivated. It's as if he's been injured and is worried about getting hurt. Hopefully he steps it up in the playoffs because we could use the big play making ability from him on punt returns!
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
I like LMJ on kick returns, but Ginn has the safer hands on punt returns. Yeah, he's goofed a couple this season, but Id rather have him back there making those fair catches than God forbid Kyle Williams.


I'd say that sums it up.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
During the offseason and training camp I was one of a few around here that felt that Ginn should have been cut, and I was castigated for it. I thought his one-dimensional nature made him unfit for a roster spot on this deep team. From what I've observed it seems Ginn should never have been given a roster spot. Ginn seems glaringly timid in the return gam and is his usual unreliable self in the receiving game, especially in the past few games. He doesn't seem like he even wants to be on the field, or are my eyes deceiving me? I told you so, Tedd Ginn Jr. should have been cut.


I remember posting a thread after seeing the Carolina vs San fran game in person two seasons ago about Ted Ginn and how very little he offered this team. He was limited as a receiver and although there were times that he could pop off a decent return, more times than not he would take the cowardly way out and just aim for the sideline. Immediantly following I was vicously attacked by all the webzone and now two and half years later I can just sit back shake my head and laugh at the irony of this place at times.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jan 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM ]