Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
here you want a cookie

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
here you want a cookie

really. should we throw a ticker tape parade. when i am right about something that turns out bad for the niners, i do not sound my own horn. I take no pleasure in being right about bad things
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Who's got a big fat cookie for this guy?
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Ted Ginn, much like David Akers has really regressed this season. However there was no real reason to not bring him back this season. He was sure handed, realiable, made smart decisions as a returner, and could bust one every now and again. I think something has effected his game as of late and he will have some serious competition should the 49ers try to resign him (they probably won't at this point). I was a Ginn supporter, but we may need to move on now.

Agreed.

And if this thread gets any more argumentative, it goes. People, how can you get so heated about a kick returner?

Where were you with that exact statement in January of 2012 English? lol.

As LLN said, it made perfect sense to bring back both Ginn and Akers after 2011. Now after this season its just a given that neither will be back.

It's a GIVEN that Ginn won't be back? A GIVEN?

You're reaching... a lot.
Who would b fielding punts now that KW is hurt?
Says the guy who makes a post bragging about being right about something that is a opinion.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Disp:
I would rather have a punt returner who fair catches every ball than someone who muffs punts and occasionally pulls off a 10-15 yard return. He's had 2 muffed punts recently, and we're lucky as hell he didn't touch the ball that he had no business being close to. Trying to pick up that backwards pass instead of falling on it cost us the game against the Rams too. The guy just has no field awareness whatsoever.

This guy needs to never touch another ball again as a 49er. Terrible receiver, and he's a liability on special teams.

Total over-reaction, IMO. How many muffed punts did he have in the first 10 games? Ginn is fine...every punt return can have a bad game or two. Don't need to cut him.

Ginn lost exactly one fumble on a punt since he was signed as a 49er. The Rams fumble was on Kaepernick for air-mailing the handoff.
Originally posted by VA49er:
I'm glad we have him with Williams out. I also don't think the team would have any problem with letting LMJ field punts if they trusted him with it. They obvioulsy don't because Ginn is still out there doing it so I'm glad Ted is in the game. Heck we might need a fly sweep or two the way out recievers are going down.

In training camp, LMJ couldn't field punts cleanly. You don't want a rookie back there with the season on the line (re: Kyle Williams). It's a lot harder fielding punts than kickoffs, in case people have forgotten.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Disp:
I would rather have a punt returner who fair catches every ball than someone who muffs punts and occasionally pulls off a 10-15 yard return. He's had 2 muffed punts recently, and we're lucky as hell he didn't touch the ball that he had no business being close to. Trying to pick up that backwards pass instead of falling on it cost us the game against the Rams too. The guy just has no field awareness whatsoever.

This guy needs to never touch another ball again as a 49er. Terrible receiver, and he's a liability on special teams.

Total over-reaction, IMO. How many muffed punts did he have in the first 10 games? Ginn is fine...every punt return can have a bad game or two. Don't need to cut him.

Ginn lost exactly one fumble on a punt since he was signed as a 49er. The Rams fumble was on Kaepernick for air-mailing the handoff.

if KW or LMJ can contribute just as much as Ginn in the return game AND contribute on offense...... seems like a no brainer to release Ginn at the end of the year.

That letting the first punt roll down to the 2-yard line to start the last game was a classic. Really, what's wrong with him lately?
Somebody wants a cookie
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
During the offseason and training camp I was one of a few around here that felt that Ginn should have been cut, and I was castigated for it. I thought his one-dimensional nature made him unfit for a roster spot on this deep team. From what I've observed it seems Ginn should never have been given a roster spot. Ginn seems glaringly timid in the return gam and is his usual unreliable self in the receiving game, especially in the past few games. He doesn't seem like he even wants to be on the field, or are my eyes deceiving me? I told you so, Tedd Ginn Jr. should have been cut.

Way to work I Told You So into the subject and the body. Well done but be careful not to hurt your shoulder while patting yourself on the back.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Jan 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Ted Ginn, much like David Akers has really regressed this season. However there was no real reason to not bring him back this season. He was sure handed, realiable, made smart decisions as a returner, and could bust one every now and again. I think something has effected his game as of late and he will have some serious competition should the 49ers try to resign him (they probably won't at this point). I was a Ginn supporter, but we may need to move on now.

Agreed.

And if this thread gets any more argumentative, it goes. People, how can you get so heated about a kick returner?

As LLN said, it made perfect sense to bring back both Ginn and Akers after 2011. Now after this season its just a given that neither will be back.

if he is back, there is something really really wrong in ninerland in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Agreed.

if he is back, there is something really really wrong in ninerland in my opinion

Hardly a given. I see if they want to hand the duties over to Williams/LMJ, but have we reached that point yet?
Share 49ersWebzone