Not a member? Register Now!

Tedd Ginn Jr. - I Told You So

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Ted Ginn, much like David Akers has really regressed this season. However there was no real reason to not bring him back this season. He was sure handed, realiable, made smart decisions as a returner, and could bust one every now and again. I think something has effected his game as of late and he will have some serious competition should the 49ers try to resign him (they probably won't at this point). I was a Ginn supporter, but we may need to move on now.

Agreed.

And if this thread gets any more argumentative, it goes. People, how can you get so heated about a kick returner?

Where were you with that exact statement in January of 2012 English? lol.

As LLN said, it made perfect sense to bring back both Ginn and Akers after 2011. Now after this season its just a given that neither will be back.

It's a GIVEN that Ginn won't be back? A GIVEN?

You're reaching... a lot.
if he is back, there is something really really wrong in ninerland in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
Ted Ginn, much like David Akers has really regressed this season. However there was no real reason to not bring him back this season. He was sure handed, realiable, made smart decisions as a returner, and could bust one every now and again. I think something has effected his game as of late and he will have some serious competition should the 49ers try to resign him (they probably won't at this point). I was a Ginn supporter, but we may need to move on now.

Agreed.

And if this thread gets any more argumentative, it goes. People, how can you get so heated about a kick returner?

As LLN said, it made perfect sense to bring back both Ginn and Akers after 2011. Now after this season its just a given that neither will be back.

if he is back, there is something really really wrong in ninerland in my opinion

Hardly a given. I see if they want to hand the duties over to Williams/LMJ, but have we reached that point yet?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
That letting the first punt roll down to the 2-yard line to start the last game was a classic. Really, what's wrong with him lately?

Maybe Ginn is hurt as well, ala Akers?

It's not good when the guy who is supposed to have the ball in his hands looks deathly afraid of any contact and just lies down, goes out of bounds, or doesnt even try to catch the ball.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Hardly a given. I see if they want to hand the duties over to Williams/LMJ, but have we reached that point yet?

um i think any combo of james, williams and hunter can more than fill any hole created by ginn. we have also got jack s**t out of him in the wide out position. at this point in time I would hesitate to even call him a one trick pony cuz he does not do that one trick very well. maybe and this is another big maybe,, if jenkins comes along next year he could also do some returns
Didn't Ginn do a great punt return that lead to the Crabtree TD ? Let the guy do his job.
Originally posted by NinerSince82:
Just feel much more safer with LMJ fielding punts and kicks. Especially next week where Niners play in the same environment. And LMJ is from the Pacific NW, and used to a lot of precipitation.

LMJ scared me when he returned punts at UO. He's very raw and makes a lot of bone-headed plays as a PR. Much better suited as a KR

Agreed.

Nah i'd say a given is appropriate.
Ginn will be our secret weapon in the playoffs, just like Vernon Davis and AJ Jenkins
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Didn't Ginn do a great punt return that lead to the Crabtree TD ? Let the guy do his job.

no, that was LaMichael james.

edit- that was a kick return, your probably talking about a different game anyway.. hmm, sorry
[ Edited by Bohannamontana on Jan 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Bohannamontana:

edit- that was a kick return, your probably talking about a different game anyway.. hmm, sorry

No that was Ginn last game and that was a punt return. hmmmm sorry.

ouch
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Just out of curiosity which game are you talking about? The Cardinals game, that he returned it 28 yards? Yea I could see your argument but if Kaepernick doesn't hit Walker for a 27 yard pass then Crabtree doesn't get that TD.

Ginn has been above average to average this season, there is no arguing it. 12 yards per return is pretty great but he pretty much only has 2 maybe 3 returns of 20+ yards.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Disp:
I would rather have a punt returner who fair catches every ball than someone who muffs punts and occasionally pulls off a 10-15 yard return. He's had 2 muffed punts recently, and we're lucky as hell he didn't touch the ball that he had no business being close to. Trying to pick up that backwards pass instead of falling on it cost us the game against the Rams too. The guy just has no field awareness whatsoever.

This guy needs to never touch another ball again as a 49er. Terrible receiver, and he's a liability on special teams.

Total over-reaction, IMO. How many muffed punts did he have in the first 10 games? Ginn is fine...every punt return can have a bad game or two. Don't need to cut him.
no,, but there is zero reason to have him on our team next year. zero.. it is not just a bad game. as philly said,, he looks scared all the damn time

...not to mention, punt returning(like last NFC championship) has this fanbase concerned about not losing a game this way again! Blocked FG's is another!
I think all they want out of that position right now is someone who won't muff the ball. He should not of made this year team all he wants to is fair catch and run out of bounds.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
That letting the first punt roll down to the 2-yard line to start the last game was a classic. Really, what's wrong with him lately?

The announcer covered for him, and said "he musta thought he was on the 10 and not the 20"