There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tedd Ginn Jr. - I Told You So

Never thought Id say this, but I miss Kyle Williams
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Ted Ginn, much like David Akers has really regressed this season. However there was no real reason to not bring him back this season. He was sure handed, realiable, made smart decisions as a returner, and could bust one every now and again. I think something has effected his game as of late and he will have some serious competition should the 49ers try to resign him (they probably won't at this point). I was a Ginn supporter, but we may need to move on now.

Agreed.

And if this thread gets any more argumentative, it goes. People, how can you get so heated about a kick returner?
I really can't stand watching Ginn play.
Ginn plays scared. LMJ play fast and fearless! I would even take Parrish Cox returning punts instead of Ginn. He makes me sick to even look at him!
So you made a thread to celebrate the fact that you predicted one of our players would play poorly? Sweet! Lets celebrate the fact that is not playing well!!!!
Wanted ginn for on the team for stability and ball security on returns. He no longer is on KO and is now a liability on PR.

Do not want!!!
I think Ginn is just pushing too hard. He knows he's expendable. I think he feels "relegated" to ST duty. he's overpaid for his production right now and is likely to command little money next year. His only chance to get a decent deal on another team is to get some runbacks and he's just pushing too hard. It's a shame. If he could just embrace his role and relax maybe he would be a better player. I think if we had another option at PR right now the coaches would go that route.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
During the offseason and training camp I was one of a few around here that felt that Ginn should have been cut, and I was castigated for it. I thought his one-dimensional nature made him unfit for a roster spot on this deep team. From what I've observed it seems Ginn should never have been given a roster spot. Ginn seems glaringly timid in the return gam and is his usual unreliable self in the receiving game, especially in the past few games. He doesn't seem like he even wants to be on the field, or are my eyes deceiving me? I told you so, Tedd Ginn Jr. should have been cut.

I bow to your greatness but did you ever predict that he would be useless in the return game as well?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Ted Ginn, much like David Akers has really regressed this season. However there was no real reason to not bring him back this season. He was sure handed, realiable, made smart decisions as a returner, and could bust one every now and again. I think something has effected his game as of late and he will have some serious competition should the 49ers try to resign him (they probably won't at this point). I was a Ginn supporter, but we may need to move on now.

Agreed.

And if this thread gets any more argumentative, it goes. People, how can you get so heated about a kick returner?

Where were you with that exact statement in January of 2012 English? lol.

As LLN said, it made perfect sense to bring back both Ginn and Akers after 2011. Now after this season its just a given that neither will be back.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
During the offseason and training camp I was one of a few around here that felt that Ginn should have been cut, and I was castigated for it. I thought his one-dimensional nature made him unfit for a roster spot on this deep team. From what I've observed it seems Ginn should never have been given a roster spot. Ginn seems glaringly timid in the return gam and is his usual unreliable self in the receiving game, especially in the past few games. He doesn't seem like he even wants to be on the field, or are my eyes deceiving me? I told you so, Tedd Ginn Jr. should have been cut.

Do you happen to remember how Ginn did the last time he was in Seattle? Pretty amazing game last year. I too have lost some confidence in him but lets see how he does next week vs the Hawks. Also, LMJ struggled with punts in pre-season, he is not he answer at this time on punts.
Okay so we cut Ginn then Kyle Williams gets hurt so who returns punts? I agree Ginn is not perfect and sucks at WR so at the end of the year I want him replaced but u can't replace players without better options on the roster
If Kyle Williams weren't injured, I wonder if he'd have replaced Ginn by now.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Okay so we cut Ginn then Kyle Williams gets hurt so who returns punts? I agree Ginn is not perfect and sucks at WR so at the end of the year I want him replaced but u can't replace players without better options on the roster

I'm sure LMJ will be tasked with backing up KW in the PR game next season. No way Ginn is on the roster next season.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by matt49er:

I'm sure LMJ will be tasked with backing up KW in the PR game next season. No way Ginn is on the roster next season.
yeah Ginn wont be back, just wasting a roster spot at this point. I dont trust him in the return game anymore
I'm glad we have him with Williams out. I also don't think the team would have any problem with letting LMJ field punts if they trusted him with it. They obvioulsy don't because Ginn is still out there doing it so I'm glad Ted is in the game. Heck we might need a fly sweep or two the way out recievers are going down.