Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tedd Ginn Jr. - I Told You So

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
He was always one dimensional, but now its clear he is playing scared out there. I think the injuries have taken their toll, he is to worried about taking the hit to field the ball. Time to move on. I would rather put a guy like Parish Cox back there, who is less explosive, but more reliable. Ginn may still have the potential to bust one...but if your to scared to take the hit, your going to cost us big at some point.

how did he go from being great to being scared like he was last night,,, give the job to james for the rest of the year. agree give the punt retuns to cox for the rest of they ear. ginn is making no contributions on offense either. he is a waste

It seems to have been the last two injuries that did it. He has always been a touch fragile, but he missed significant time the last two years and each time he came back a little less effective and a little more scared to field the ball. Now he is basically just letting it hit the ground and be recovered unless he has a 20 yard cushion or fair catches.
maybe cox can go in there to make fair catches for the rest of the year into the playoffs? really what contribution is he making at all? i guess there was a reason no offered him a deal and he came crawling back to us in the off season
Originally posted by kingairta:
Do you feel better? Would you like a cookie?

I told you so posts are nothing but an ego stroke.
Then why bother commenting?
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
ginn is still the best punt returner on our team. its funny how some you develop personal grudges against certain players.
Originally posted by SFGem:
ginn is still the best punt returner on our team. its funny how some you develop personal grudges against certain players.
Personal grudge? Since when is pointing out provable shortcomings qualifies as a grudge? And Ginn isn't the best punt returner on the team. That guy (Kyle Williams) has been injured. All season Ginn has acted indecisive and like he really didn't want any part of the ball. Pointing that out is a grudge?
Ginn was amazing last season..I don't know why he has not played as well this season..but it is night and day.

I would rather have a punt returner who fair catches every ball than someone who muffs punts and occasionally pulls off a 10-15 yard return. He's had 2 muffed punts recently, and we're lucky as hell he didn't touch the ball that he had no business being close to. Trying to pick up that backwards pass instead of falling on it cost us the game against the Rams too. The guy just has no field awareness whatsoever.

This guy needs to never touch another ball again as a 49er. Terrible receiver, and he's a liability on special teams.
[ Edited by Disp on Dec 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Disp:
I would rather have a punt returner who fair catches every ball than someone who muffs punts and occasionally pulls off a 10-15 yard return. He's had 2 muffed punts recently, and we're lucky as hell he didn't touch the ball that he had no business being close to. Trying to pick up that backwards pass instead of falling on it cost us the game against the Rams too. The guy just has no field awareness whatsoever.

This guy needs to never touch another ball again as a 49er. Terrible receiver, and he's a liability on special teams.

Total over-reaction, IMO. How many muffed punts did he have in the first 10 games? Ginn is fine...every punt return can have a bad game or two. Don't need to cut him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

what did he show you last night that could possibly lead you to that conclusion. cox could go back there and fair catch and have a bigger impact than ginn. plus the guys makes zero plays on offense. being critical of a player for being scared and f**king up on a number of occasions means we have a personal grudge? wow
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Total over-reaction, IMO. How many muffed punts did he have in the first 10 games? Ginn is fine...every punt return can have a bad game or two. Don't need to cut him.
no,, but there is zero reason to have him on our team next year. zero.. it is not just a bad game. as philly said,, he looks scared all the damn time
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

He's fielding punts when the gunner is right in his face. If he doesn't straight muff those punts then he'd get blown up once he actually catches the ball, and probably fumble regardless. That tells me all I need to know.

His decision making is the problem, and it's going to kill us.
[ Edited by Disp on Dec 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM ]
Mylife... for the record, I dont think we cut him this close to the end or anything. I just think at the end of the season there will be a parting of ways. There are more valuable assets we could suit up, that provide more in other facets of the game to begin with, and now Ginn isnt particularly good at the one thing we signed him for. Infact I dare say he is a little gun shy about doing it at all. Its not personal its just an observation that he is consistantly diminishing in value over the last two years.

I feel the same about Akers. He was fantastic for us at a certain point on this journey...that time has passed. Perhaps when its next convenient its time he be left behind. Its not personal and I thank him for the great moments he provided.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Dec 17, 2012 at 11:32 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by kingairta:
Do you feel better? Would you like a cookie?

I told you so posts are nothing but an ego stroke.
Then why bother commenting?

Why did you reply?

Ginn also fair catches on the 8 yard line routinely when you are supposed to get out of the way and let it go in the end zone. I rarely agree with Chris Collinsworth, but I agree when he said the Niners would be better off to NOT have a return man back to return punts.
Ted Ginn, much like David Akers has really regressed this season. However there was no real reason to not bring him back this season. He was sure handed, realiable, made smart decisions as a returner, and could bust one every now and again. I think something has effected his game as of late and he will have some serious competition should the 49ers try to resign him (they probably won't at this point). I was a Ginn supporter, but we may need to move on now.
Tedd Ginn is a little guy who plays little. Frank Gore is a little guy that plays like a big guy. Tedd Ginn don't want none.
Frank Gore wants everything you got. That's the difference -- Attitude. Either you want it or you don't and Ginn don't want
it.