There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tedd Ginn Jr. - I Told You So

During the offseason and training camp I was one of a few around here that felt that Ginn should have been cut, and I was castigated for it. I thought his one-dimensional nature made him unfit for a roster spot on this deep team. From what I've observed it seems Ginn should never have been given a roster spot. Ginn seems glaringly timid in the return gam and is his usual unreliable self in the receiving game, especially in the past few games. He doesn't seem like he even wants to be on the field, or are my eyes deceiving me? I told you so, Tedd Ginn Jr. should have been cut.

10-3-1

Let the coaches decide.
I agree that he is (and has been for a while) a one-dimensional player. My guess is that he would have been cut at the beginning of this year except for the fact that he was the one "reliable" punt returner (especially in important games). I think he will face a steep uphill battle to make the team next year.
Just feel much more safer with LMJ fielding punts and kicks. Especially next week where Niners play in the same environment. And LMJ is from the Pacific NW, and used to a lot of precipitation.
He was always one dimensional, but now its clear he is playing scared out there. I think the injuries have taken their toll, he is to worried about taking the hit to field the ball. Time to move on. I would rather put a guy like Parish Cox back there, who is less explosive, but more reliable. Ginn may still have the potential to bust one...but if your to scared to take the hit, your going to cost us big at some point.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Dec 17, 2012 at 7:43 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerSince82:
Just feel much more safer with LMJ fielding punts and kicks. Especially next week where Niners play in the same environment. And LMJ is from the Pacific NW, and used to a lot of precipitation.

LMJ is from texas, he played at UO, but he's not from the NW...

also i'm ok with LMJ on KR, idk about PR...they are two different roles.
I just don't want any more players who you can't trust. Delanie Walker and Ginn are on that list.
Originally posted by dhp318:
I just don't want any more players who you can't trust. Delanie Walker and Ginn are on that list.
I'd disagree with you about Walker. And he has much more value to the team than Ginn. I think Walker has been getting better. But Ginn, however, is regressing and proving more and more he's a wasted roster spot.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dhp318:
and our num nuts kicker. my daughter told me walker is the most polarizing figure on the niners team! he will make a good play and then screw up, but i think we can do better. i am fed up with ginn, james can more than fill his bill and with hunter and kyle back along with jenkins we will be more than ok next year. i am so sick of our kicker but at this late point in the season i guess we are stuck with him. on the other hand i am sorry about saying mean things about dixon afrikan. he has impressed and made a crushing block on our fake punt last night
Yay! U were right!! Woohoo!!!

Oh and his name is Ted
[ Edited by pahlerbj on Dec 17, 2012 at 9:02 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
During the offseason and training camp I was one of a few around here that felt that Ginn should have been cut, and I was castigated for it. I thought his one-dimensional nature made him unfit for a roster spot on this deep team. From what I've observed it seems Ginn should never have been given a roster spot. Ginn seems glaringly timid in the return gam and is his usual unreliable self in the receiving game, especially in the past few games. He doesn't seem like he even wants to be on the field, or are my eyes deceiving me? I told you so, Tedd Ginn Jr. should have been cut.

Do you feel better? Would you like a cookie?

I told you so posts are nothing but an ego stroke.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
He was always one dimensional, but now its clear he is playing scared out there. I think the injuries have taken their toll, he is to worried about taking the hit to field the ball. Time to move on. I would rather put a guy like Parish Cox back there, who is less explosive, but more reliable. Ginn may still have the potential to bust one...but if your to scared to take the hit, your going to cost us big at some point.

how did he go from being great to being scared like he was last night,,, give the job to james for the rest of the year. agree give the punt retuns to cox for the rest of they ear. ginn is making no contributions on offense either. he is a waste
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

how did he go from being great to being scared like he was last night,,, give the job to james for the rest of the year. agree give the punt retuns to cox for the rest of they ear. ginn is making no contributions on offense either. he is a waste

It seems to have been the last two injuries that did it. He has always been a touch fragile, but he missed significant time the last two years and each time he came back a little less effective and a little more scared to field the ball. Now he is basically just letting it hit the ground and be recovered unless he has a 20 yard cushion or fair catches.
"i like special team because you get to decide whether you get hit or not" - Ted Ginn. ya i didnt make that up he really said that. i really wish tedd wouldnt be like that because we need a tall big receiver like him to step up. his speed is big time an it sucks cause we never get to use it cause hes never in a position to use it. watch him return...he goes for the sideline every damn time i havent seen him try to break a return since the seahawks game last year when he returned 2. idk what his deal is but he is playing scared when u say you play football but dont wanna get hit thats playing scared. hopefully lmj comes thru as a good returner an we can free up this roster spot filled by a player that makes 1 play one game every 2 seasons. waste.
He's becoming a liability.

LMJ was a great breath of fresh air.