1) Not going to put too
much emphasis on the slippage of the football on the snaps. Watched a few of the exchanges in super slow mo - rain at 35 degrees is a nasty, nasty thing (but Kaep still needs to practice this).
2) Goodwin's part: He had Wilfolk to deal with - one of the best NT's in the NFL. Tough task and aggravated the center exchange (see part 1 for the other reason)
3) Defensive play calling. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE prevent defense. As soon as the Coaches went to the 3 man rush in the middle of the third quarter, bad things happened. By the time they switched back, the momentum was completely in New England's favor.
PLEASE stop doing this too early.
4) Defense showed better depth - it was good seeing RJF get that sack. The switch to a bigger DE on the last drives clearly caused Brady to have to get rid of the ball quickly.
5) Offense. Not sure what to think about VD. Something has changed. The thing I have never liked about his game: He likes to catch the ball in stride and have big YAC. Sometimes, that's just not going to happen - stretch out and make a diving catch to move the chains or score!!!!!!!
6) Kaep. Don't like the way it happened, but the potential of this Kid is very high. Hopefully, he learns from a few of his mistakes (not seeing the Safety slide over on the interception in the endzone). He's starting to win me over as a long term answer at QB.
7) Special teams. By and large, I like LMJ receiving kicks/punts better than Ginn, but that drop (recovered) was concern (again: see point #1). No way would I cut Ginn though. Need the depth. Remember last year in the playoffs?????
Still a BIG BIG win (have to admit, I stopped watching the game when it got to 31-24. My heart couldn't handle it. Switched to the Zones thread on the game)
Watched the rest this morning when I knew the outcome and I wouldn't stroke out.