LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Week 15: Thoughts after rewatching the game....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheChozen:
If we can figure out how to get Vernon more involved while still keeping Crabtree's catches up too, our offense might become dangerous.

Vernon has regressed to his wrong route running and T Rex arm having...

I thought it was the offense but watching him play last night only confirmed it
If we can figure out how to get Vernon more involved while still keeping Crabtree's catches up too, our offense might become dangerous.

He was wide open for an easy TD that CK overthrew. I bet he flips the beastmode switch to ON in the postseason like he did last year.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Alex who?

Here here. Don't miss the 3 yard check downs, running right throw out of bounds at all.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by Baldie:
1) That I need to start believing in Kaep like many of you have. Last night, he had pocket presence and some of his throws were on the money, something I know Alex probably wouldn't have even attempted. He had an INT, but that was okay, part of his inexperience along with the mishandled snaps.

2) The 49ers defense can play anyone, I mean anyone and shut them down if they needed to.

3) We can no longer depend on Akers. We all cringe now anytime he attempts a FG outside of 10 yards. He did seal the Pats game but 1 kick out of many other kicks that could have made a difference in the win column isn't enough.

4) The coaching staff has to stop being conservative with leads. The defense went into zone coverage when we were up 31-3 and Brady almost pulled a miracle. Even the announcers pointed that out.

5) Aldon Smith plays better with J Smith next to him. There was a stretch when Aldon kinda went invisible with J Smith out. Oh and Brady's comeback happened when J Smith was out of the game.

6) LMJ needs to be more involved and has been great in place of the injured Hunter. Just hope Jenkins can pick it up as well.

7) When Manningham returns, that just makes our offense even more unstoppable.

8) Moss has been a real asset to this team, and would not close the door to him coming back next season if he wanted to and at the right price.

Agree with most of this.

#5. When we went into our prevent, Brooks was rushing, mostly. We were dropping Aldon back into coverage mostly. No idea why... What would possess you to have your best pass rusher dropping into coverage is beyond me, but there are many things the OC and DC do that baffle me sometimes.

Actually, the announcers pointed out during the game what was going on. To counter Aldon Smith, the Patriots spread wide and put the slot receiver(s) on Aldon's side of the field, forcing him to either running through additional traffic or to pull off into coverage. Excellent gamplan by Bill.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Vernon has regressed to his wrong route running and T Rex arm having...

I thought it was the offense but watching him play last night only confirmed it

Vernon could've had 2 TDs easy last night. He was open on the TD to Walker. I think he'll come around. I have no idea about the wrong route running. I don't hear the play call. Whatever the reason, I hope he comes around.
This is clearly C. Keap's team now.

This team can play slow down power or score a lot of points when need be.

LMJ should take over all return duties.

Ginn should have been cut like I sayed he should have.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by Baldie:
1) That I need to start believing in Kaep like many of you have. Last night, he had pocket presence and some of his throws were on the money, something I know Alex probably wouldn't have even attempted. He had an INT, but that was okay, part of his inexperience along with the mishandled snaps.

2) The 49ers defense can play anyone, I mean anyone and shut them down if they needed to.

3) We can no longer depend on Akers. We all cringe now anytime he attempts a FG outside of 10 yards. He did seal the Pats game but 1 kick out of many other kicks that could have made a difference in the win column isn't enough.

4) The coaching staff has to stop being conservative with leads. The defense went into zone coverage when we were up 31-3 and Brady almost pulled a miracle. Even the announcers pointed that out.

5) Aldon Smith plays better with J Smith next to him. There was a stretch when Aldon kinda went invisible with J Smith out. Oh and Brady's comeback happened when J Smith was out of the game.

6) LMJ needs to be more involved and has been great in place of the injured Hunter. Just hope Jenkins can pick it up as well.

7) When Manningham returns, that just makes our offense even more unstoppable.

8) Moss has been a real asset to this team, and would not close the door to him coming back next season if he wanted to and at the right price.

Agree with most of this.

#5. When we went into our prevent, Brooks was rushing, mostly. We were dropping Aldon back into coverage mostly. No idea why... What would possess you to have your best pass rusher dropping into coverage is beyond me, but there are many things the OC and DC do that baffle me sometimes.

Actually, the announcers pointed out during the game what was going on. To counter Aldon Smith, the Patriots spread wide and put the slot receiver(s) on Aldon's side of the field, forcing him to either running through additional traffic or to pull off into coverage. Excellent gamplan by Bill.

You counter the Patriots plan for Aldon Smith by moving him to left defensive end and let a another teammate take the slot receiver. Let Aldon go after the QB
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
This. Can't win without him. Period.
Got to have Justin back soon but Ricky Jean did a real good job. Ricky Jean seem to have more power against the LT and I wonder if that elbow was bothering Justin in the first half.
No-one will want to play the Niners in the playoffs. Tough, knock-you clean out defence coupled with a solid running game and a rocket armed QB who is jet propelled when he decides to run...... Oh, and this team has won in Green Bay, New Orleans and New England this year and cleaned out the Bears at Candlestick when the national attention is on them. The wins vs Saints and Pats came with Kaep at the helm too so you can't hang his inexperience as a negative on the Niners at this point. Only the Giants - Smith's worst game under Harbaugh is the blot on the landscape and the point when I think Harbaugh realised it was time to get Kaep ready. The Rams won't make the playoffs either so this team has the tools to go all the way this year.

Time for Harbaugh and co to teach Caroll a lesson.
Can anyone explain to me how we could give up 21 points in the 4th quarter? Don't want to watch the game because I would kill someone

I was definitely excited about the game. Defense got too careless and blew a huge lead but loved how we attacked them with the deep ball and had some success. The next game should be a bloodbath.
We could've and should've ran the score up on them. That conservative play on both sides of the ball almost came back to bite us....
These are my thoughts:

-I love our Safeties ..Goldson's celebration after making big plays is boss....
-Kaep has a serious arm and I don't think there is question now who should be starting..
-We miss Kendall Hunter....I like James but he does not have the strength Hunter has and that hurts us in the 2nd half of games...we can't kill the clock.
-Hope Justin Smith is alright because that would be another huge loss though Ricky made some nice plays down the strectch...some much needed plays...
Yup...we went into prevent mode far too early. Harbaugh either was being too sportsmanlike, or really undervalued the abilities of Tom Brady. Either way, I doubt its a mistake that will be made again.
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Originally posted by Disp:
Ted Ginn, David Akers, Vic Fangio, Greg Roman needs to be cut right now. Actually before now. Don't let him get back on the plane with the team.

Otherwise stoked with the win.

Fixed.

Vic Fangio? Are you high?

Completely agree. Fangio is a great defensive mind. With that said fatigue and injuries were the reason for letting the Pats back int this game.
Share 49ersWebzone