There are 200 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 15: Thoughts after rewatching the game....

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Akers
Walker
Roman
Ginn

and the jumbo package

can all stay in Boston

lol. Fangio's prevent defense also.
We're a good team, we need to take 1 game at a time, next week we win and we got NFC West clinched. Not sure if we can clinch a bye or not, might depend on GB losing. I imagine if we were to both go 1-1, with us clinching the division we would have rights to Bye by knocking them off in week 1.
The Patriots are the best team in the league at scoring and half time adjustments to opponents. Our D did enough to win, the special teams came up big and we got big passing plays from the offense. We could not run the ball in the 2nd half to run down the clock which is a concern.
Delanie Walker playing that balancing act of hero and goat....
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
We're a good team, we need to take 1 game at a time, next week we win and we got NFC West clinched. Not sure if we can clinch a bye or not, might depend on GB losing. I imagine if we were to both go 1-1, with us clinching the division we would have rights to Bye by knocking them off in week 1.

GB has the same amount of W as us but the T gives us the edge

If we beat SEA we virtually own the #2 seed. We would just have to beat AZ in the season finale.

All of that assumes GB doesn't lose
Why are we blaming Vic Fangio? The D was crazy good tonight except the 4th quarter but that was Greg Romans conservative playcallings fault. When you leave a D out there for 10 straight minutes against the best qb and the #1 offense in the league, what do you think is going to happen?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
We're a good team, we need to take 1 game at a time, next week we win and we got NFC West clinched. Not sure if we can clinch a bye or not, might depend on GB losing. I imagine if we were to both go 1-1, with us clinching the division we would have rights to Bye by knocking them off in week 1.


We have a "better" record than any other team with the same number of wins because we have the tie game.

For better or worse, head-to-head record is not going to mean anything for playoff seeding.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by Disp:
Ted Ginn, David Akers, Vic Fangio, Greg Roman needs to be cut right now. Actually before now. Don't let him get back on the plane with the team.

Otherwise stoked with the win.

Fixed.

Vic Fangio? Are you high?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,931
D showed why they are the best in the NFL, but then NE showed why they are the best offense in the NFL. The biggest takeaway, though, is the fact that our offense can put up 41 even when the D doesn't play its best. We have so many ways to beat teams now. With D or with O.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Alex who?


boone
winning
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Alex who?


boone

beast
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by Disp:
Ted Ginn, David Akers, Vic Fangio, Greg Roman needs to be cut right now. Actually before now. Don't let him get back on the plane with the team.

Otherwise stoked with the win.

Fixed.

Vic Fangio? Are you high?

Some people are dumb.
D can be great at times but Brady is a HOFer for a reason. Its not like Blaine Gabbert put up 28 straight points, calm down people. Team didnt even play its best game but had its best result. Time to refuel for Seattle.
Originally posted by xela510:
Why are we blaming Vic Fangio? The D was crazy good tonight except the 4th quarter but that was Greg Romans conservative playcallings fault. When you leave a D out there for 10 straight minutes against the best qb and the #1 offense in the league, what do you think is going to happen?


We played a ZONE after we were killing them with man coverage in the first half.
Aldon Smith was in COVERAGE half the time. WTF is that?

After the Patriots tied the game, THEN Fangio goes back to the defense we were playing in the first half. So guess what? We STOP them.

THEN Roman goes back to what worked in the first half. So guess what? We throw a TD to Crabtree.

The strategy of playing "not to lose" that we used for most of the second half could have easily cost us the game and then turned the webzone into a tornado of 49er fans and flying s**t.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM ]