LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Week 15: Thoughts after rewatching the game....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thoughts? Great win!

I don't think we win next week against Seattle. We haven't won three in a row all season.

But we still win the division when we knock the stuffing out of the Tards to end the season and break the Seachicken hearts.

Next week's game will be their own personal Super Bowl.
Hasn't been since Montana or Young that I just felt something was about to happen to shut it all up. The whole team has to be in the groove though, and they were.

Ya I just said that.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Thoughts? Great win!

I don't think we win next week against Seattle. We haven't won three in a row all season.

But we still win the division when we knock the stuffing out of the Tards to end the season and break the Seachicken hearts.

Next week's game will be their own personal Super Bowl.

Breaking the WWL pattern we have had this season, is almost as important as winning a game against Seattle. Seriously, we need to BREAK that darn pattern before it gets into the heads of the players.
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Vic Fangio? Are you high?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Some people are dumb.

I'll let BrianGO answer that for you...

Originally posted by BrianGO:
We played a ZONE after we were killing them with man coverage in the first half.
Aldon Smith was in COVERAGE half the time. WTF is that?

After the Patriots tied the game, THEN Fangio goes back to the defense we were playing in the first half. So guess what? We STOP them.

THEN Roman goes back to what worked in the first half. So guess what? We throw a TD to Crabtree.

The strategy of playing "not to lose" that we used for most of the second half could have easily cost us the game and then turned the webzone into a tornado of 49er fans and flying s**t.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
the announcers were getting hard ons talking about tom bradys punk ass....they swore the patriots were gonna come back even when they were going for an onside.....
Originally posted by 8to80:
Did you guys see Princess Brady! LMAO! After the 2nd Ridley fumble, he runs to tackle Goldson. But, since he's the biggest nancy QB in the NFL, he runs away from Culliver. Culliver! You kidding me, Brady's bigger than Culliver! Brady looked like a fragile punter/kicker on that play!

I also noticed how the refs didn't call "unsportsmanlike conduct" when he spiked the ball hard when the Niners called timeout. I can't see how so many people like Brady.

Unfortunately, we broke Brady's vagina...
the alex smith era is over

unless kaepernick gets hurt this year or Smith returns as a backup next year getting paid backup money.
Horrible weather conditions, against the best team in the league, on the road, 2nd year quarterback, and the 49ers still come out with the victory? How awesome is that? This may be the game that will have all the sportscasters plucking Colin's pubes from their teeth from here on out.
Great win but wtf Roman are you trying to give away the game? is Jimmy Raye controlling you with a voodo doll or some s**t..
Couple thoughts, most echoes of things that have been mentioned:
1) Justin Smith needs to heal up and take as much time off as is necessary to do so. Playoffs MUST take precedence to rushing him back next week against Seattle. I think RJF can hold up just fine in run defense, we just will miss Cowboy's pass rush should he be forced to miss time.
2) I think someone in the FO needs to make a call to Nate Kaeding's agent... maybe get another tryout in the works.
3) Delanie Walker isn't worth more than an average backup. He has flashes of starter potential, but he also has enough fumbles to make a full-time player embarrassed and he's done this in limited capacity. His hands are stone and I don't want to hear the argument he's great with the ball in his hands because due to his drop/fumbles the ball is rarely in his hands. He is valuable to us for his blocking ability/jack of all trades status only and should be paid accordingly in the off season. If he want more than a backup he can look elsewhere. I'm sure New England needs more TEs.
4) Thanks for the good times Ginn, but your future is elsewhere.
5) LaMichael is blessing. Can't wait til Gore, Hunter and him are suiting up together on Sundays.
6) Love me some Kaep!

-- Most important, and I touched on this in another thread: Let Kaep be the closer. Let him crush the figurative windpipes of our flailing opponents with his cleat heel. In the 4th quarter, I want 3rd downs to be in his hands, not Gore's or Jame's. He makes good decisions, and is a true gamer. The coaches trusting him to close for us is the next step to our team being not just SB contenders or favorites, but winners.

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
We beat the Patriots, at home, in December where they've lost a grand total of 1 game during that time period under Belicheck, and had won 21 straight games over the second half of the season.Yeah I wasn't happy we gave up that lead but let's have a little perspective here: let's just sit back and recognize how remarkable this victory is.

Besides this type of adversary will serve us well come playoff time. The way we responded to blowing that lead was amazing and is something that bodes well for the future.

great post, I was just about to say the same type of thing. It's like sometimes people on here only watched the bad parts of the game, WE WON PEOPLE! We beat the Patriots at home in horrible weather!
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by NinerSince82:
Justin Smith needs to heal quickly.

This. Can't win without him. Period.

we just did?
Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit:
Couple thoughts, most echoes of things that have been mentioned:
1) Justin Smith needs to heal up and take as much time off as is necessary to do so. Playoffs MUST take precedence to rushing him back next week against Seattle. I think RJF can hold up just fine in run defense, we just will miss Cowboy's pass rush should he be forced to miss time.
2) I think someone in the FO needs to make a call to Nate Kaeding's agent... maybe get another tryout in the works.
3) Delanie Walker isn't worth more than an average backup. He has flashes of starter potential, but he also has enough fumbles to make a full-time player embarrassed and he's done this in limited capacity. His hands are stone and I don't want to hear the argument he's great with the ball in his hands because due to his drop/fumbles the ball is rarely in his hands. He is valuable to us for his blocking ability/jack of all trades status only and should be paid accordingly in the off season. If he want more than a backup he can look elsewhere. I'm sure New England needs more TEs.
4) Thanks for the good times Ginn, but your future is elsewhere.
5) LaMichael is blessing. Can't wait til Gore, Hunter and him are suiting up together on Sundays.
6) Love me some Kaep!

-- Most important, and I touched on this in another thread: Let Kaep be the closer. Let him crush the figurative windpipes of our flailing opponents with his cleat heel. In the 4th quarter, I want 3rd downs to be in his hands, not Gore's or Jame's. He makes good decisions, and is a true gamer. The coaches trusting him to close for us is the next step to our team being not just SB contenders or favorites, but winners.

There were a couple options where he should have kept the ball. He didn't take the ball on a single one of those plays. Those plays only work if you mix them up.
I think we started playing a prevent type defense and offense midway through the 3rd quarter and didnt pull out of it till halfway into the 4th. Brady picked the middle of the field apart. We'll take note of it and improve! Go 49ers!
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I'm about to re-watch the game again right now
Share 49ersWebzone