There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 15: Thoughts after rewatching the game....

Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Our coaches got lucky

This. Fangio called the game brilliantly in the first half and apparently decided to take a nap halfway through the 3rd quarter. Going into the zone set was goofy as all it did was give Brady much more time to sit back in the pocket and pick the secondary apart.
Originally posted by Disp:
Ted Ginn needs to be cut right now. Actually before now. Don't let him get back on the plane with the team.

Otherwise stoked with the win.

This. Dude is a liability. Ironically, Williams' injury is looming large right about now.
Originally posted by trogdor:
Originally posted by Disp:
Ted Ginn needs to be cut right now. Actually before now. Don't let him get back on the plane with the team.

Otherwise stoked with the win.

This. Dude is a liability. Ironically, Williams' injury is looming large right about now.

Let's re-sign Arnaz Battle
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Our coaches got lucky

This. Fangio called the game brilliantly in the first half and apparently decided to take a nap halfway through the 3rd quarter. Going into the zone set was goofy as all it did was give Brady much more time to sit back in the pocket and pick the secondary apart.

No kidding. I don't think Brady called more than 3 plays the entire second half... drag to harnandez, curl to welker, fade to lloyd.
This game made me realized how much we need Michael Crabtree and Justin Smith. It also made me realize that Ricky Jean-Francois needs to see the field more often.
Inexcusable to blow a 28 point lead against anyone. Even so, it's a huge accomplishment to beat these guys on the road. Let's not let that wacky 2nd half minimize what a huge win this was.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
This game made me realized how much we need Michael Crabtree and Justin Smith. It also made me realize that Ricky Jean-Francois needs to see the field more often.


RJF is the most underrated player on the team. He steps in to play nose tackle during the season in spots. Then he comes in for an injured Justin Smith and gets a HUGE sack from the DE position.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Inexcusable to blow a 28 point lead against anyone. Even so, it's a huge accomplishment to beat these guys on the road. Let's not let that wacky 2nd half minimize what a huge win this was.

I agree with all.
Originally posted by NinerSince82:
Justin Smith needs to heal quickly.

This. Can't win without him. Period.
*double post
[ Edited by SFrush on Dec 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSince82:
Justin Smith needs to heal quickly.

+1 But I'm very worried.

If the toughest and most durable player in the league couldn't return. You have to be nervous how badly he injured that elbow.
[ Edited by SFrush on Dec 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSince82:
Justin Smith needs to heal quickly.

This. Can't win without him. Period.
Akers
Walker
Roman
Ginn

and the jumbo package

can all stay in Boston
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,422
need to be more aggressive with the lead
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by NinerSince82:
Justin Smith needs to heal quickly.

+1 But I'm very worried.

If the toughest and most durable player in league couldn't return. You have to be nervous how badly he injured that elbow.

Somebody in another thread mentioned the possibility of the coaches not letting him back on again since he did go in for a snap after coming back from locker room. And I think we had a double digit lead at that point so probably not worth aggravating the injury even more. Just hopeful speculation.