There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

5 fumbles and a pick

The fumbled snaps criticism is so overblown its ridiculous. How many of the fumbled stats can you say are definitively his fault and not the centers (or shared faults)? ZERO. The weather conditions were miserable. I am not saying I am happy with the amount the ball was on the turf yesterday, but its certainly understandable given the weather.

If you want to make criticisms about how Kap needs to take better care of the ball and hold it against his body when moving in the pocket or scrambling, fine, I can totally get behind that. But for there to be a 20 page thread about his fumbles in freezing rainy conditions? Its a joke.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
The fumbled snaps criticism is so overblown its ridiculous. How many of the fumbled stats can you say are definitively his fault and not the centers (or shared faults)? ZERO. The weather conditions were miserable. I am not saying I am happy with the amount the ball was on the turf yesterday, but its certainly understandable given the weather.

If you want to make criticisms about how Kap needs to take better care of the ball and hold it against his body when moving in the pocket or scrambling, fine, I can totally get behind that. But for there to be a 20 page thread about his fumbles in freezing rainy conditions? Its a joke.
is a botch snap considered a fumble ?

is shouldn't..imho
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:23 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
sorry, was going along with your post..not rebutting

gotcha
No worries!
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Can you explain why/how the D gave it away? They were on the field non stop in the 2nd half and were gassed.

They gave up three or four consecutive TD drives to let the Pats tie it.
with a prevent defense and conservative offense ..it's not like Kaep fumbled the game so Pats can tie it

When the game was on the line our D had huge stops to seal the deal, if offenses score when they absolutley need to score and defenses get stops when they absolutley have to get stops, then that team wins

How many fumbled snaps did the rest of the league have combined yesterday? I'm sure more than our game had rain... I suspect that the Colin Goodwin exchange beat them all...combined.

Notice how the fumble crap is only being overblown on this message board. I have not heard one NFL media outlet today that has not heaped praise on Kap and our team, not one of them is saying "oh my god , this guys the next Rex Grossman and his fumbling will cost the niners a superbowl" , honestly I havent heard anything close to that
is a botch snap considered a fumble ?

is shouldn't..imho

It is recorded as a fumble..and it shows up on the QB's stats not the center.

For the record, Harbaugh mentioned they adjusted the way that Colin was receiving the snap in game...and had him wear a glove. He said it seemed to help. He didn't make one mention of putting a glove on Goodwin or talking with Goodwin about it. Combine that with Colin's comment of saying itw as 100% on him...I think he was being more than a good teammate. With that said, I still think this is fixable...it's still a concern though.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

How many fumbled snaps did the rest of the league have combined yesterday? I'm sure more than our game had rain... I suspect that the Colin Goodwin exchange beat them all...combined.

Go ahead and count how many games were played in 35 degree weather in a constant downpour. I'll wait.
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Notice how the fumble crap is only being overblown on this message board. I have not heard one NFL media outlet today that has not heaped praise on Kap and our team, not one of them is saying "oh my god , this guys the next Rex Grossman and his fumbling will cost the niners a superbowl" , honestly I havent heard anything close to that

Things like that get hidden in the news by the win..be assured if we had lost, there would have been a lot of talk about how they were all missed opportunities.

same here not one word about it...only a few peeps on the zone

Nope not one media outlet is saying that. Funny how fumbles that arent lost are overshadowing four touchdown passes on this board. Guarantee you that if it was Alex with the similar statline, people wouldnt be calling for his head because of the fumbles.
People keep mentioning the JUST the rain. How about the fact that is was two degrees above freezing? This makes it worst because it makes the ball crazy slick. there is a reason, why they adjusted by putting a glove on one hand.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Go ahead and count how many games were played in 35 degree weather in a constant downpour. I'll wait.

At least one qb played in the same circumstances....nice try to turn it around when I already put it on you :P Honestly, I couldn't look it up now if I wanted...work internet..amazing that I can even get here.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
People keep mentioning the JUST the rain. How about the fact that is was two degrees above freezing? This makes it worst because it makes the ball crazy slick.

Tom Brady didn't seem to have a problem.
The original poster recognized that Kaep played great but made a legitimate comment regarding turnovers. Why are people jumping down his throat? The bottom line is the QB is young and will make mistakes, as most young QBs do. He made mistakes in the Rams game, Dolphins game, etc. We had a great team win, our QB threw exceptionally well given the weather conditions, but ball security needs to be a priority come playoffs. It is a concern that he has thrown a couple of INTs off of misreads and has fumbled almost 10 times in 5 games. If those bounces don't go our way last night, we lose. I don't want to get bounced in the playoffs because of the QB/Center exchange.