There are 25 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

THE "WE CLINCHED A PLAYOFF BERTH BITHCES!" THREAD

Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
But he definitely did not pass the eye test. That was some more ugly QB play. Lucky bounces on those fumbles.

4 TD passes in NE in December, that doesn't happen with anybody else under center for the 49ers

And? Why does this have to be a Smith vs Kaep comparison? Kaep threw an INT (2) and fumbled 4 times. Ignore it all you want, I don't care. Kaep played a good game, but he still needs work. Why is that difficult for you to understand?

The fumbles aren't a concern. Easy problem to fix. This was a one game thing. Kaepernick looks special.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
But he definitely did not pass the eye test. That was some more ugly QB play. Lucky bounces on those fumbles.

4 TD passes in NE in December, that doesn't happen with anybody else under center for the 49ers

And? Why does this have to be a Smith vs Kaep comparison? Kaep threw an INT (2) and fumbled 4 times. Ignore it all you want, I don't care. Kaep played a good game, but he still needs work. Why is that difficult for you to understand?

The fumbles aren't a concern. Easy problem to fix. This was a one game thing. Kaepernick looks special.

The fumbles have occurred more than just tonight. I agree it can be fixed, but if it doesn't get fixed, we could be in for a short playoff run. That's all I'm saying. Kaep is and will be a good QB, he just needs a little work.
okay so i ran the playoff machine and even if we lose to seattle we can still grab the #2 seed...as long as:

we beat AZ

&

GB loses @ Minnesota
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
okay so i ran the playoff machine and even if we lose to seattle we can still grab the #2 seed...as long as:

we beat AZ

&

GB loses @ Minnesota

Looking at GBs schedule, we'd have to win out. They most likely will.

we beat AZ

&

GB loses @ Minnesota
GB wont lose
Originally posted by jreff22:

we beat AZ

&

GB loses @ Minnesota
GB wont lose

We're going to beat Seattle. Who cares what GB does.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

we beat AZ

&

GB loses @ Minnesota
GB wont lose

We're going to beat Seattle. Who cares what GB does.

Yep. But Minny has a chance.
thank you Mr. Harbaugh to giving us 10+ wins for the second year

please stay with us for many more years

Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:

f**king this!

but get rid of Roman! and Fangio if he don't straighten his sh*t out!

Too harsh. There are no other defensive coordinators running a better defense than him. We aren't always going to be perfect. Roman is so so but still not enough to get rid of him either.

They can win it all as is no reason to clean house yet.

That is all.
Originally posted by BayArea:

Too harsh. There are no other defensive coordinators running a better defense than him. We aren't always going to be perfect. Roman is so so but still not enough to get rid of him either.

They can win it all as is no reason to clean house yet.

I don't think we'll be getting rid of them, but I think Roman gets a HC job somewhere, Fangio perhaps also. I'd rather keep Fangio than Roman.

The thing that gets me is we make the QB switch, and then we keep playing conservative on offense, and we play prevent on defense, even as Brady is mounting a God-like comeback. If we got the kid with the arm behind center, take advantage, you know? Not saying to come out and throw 60 times a game, but keep the pressure on and put the game away when you have the opportunity.

If you're gonna have Kaep play like Smith, just put Smith in there.
[ Edited by mkmasn on Dec 17, 2012 at 2:00 AM ]

we beat AZ

&

GB loses @ Minnesota
GB wont lose

If we beat Seattle and Az to get the 2nd seed and 1st round bye, that helps us with the injuries AND we play games at home.

I think if that scenario happens, we become the favored to go to the Superbowl in the NFC. ATL is in the playoffs every year but lose, maybe its different this year, who knows. But I think if ATL has to play GB, they might lose.

Seriously! Those f**kers just barely beat Belichek and Brady in New England in December. Its not like that hasn't been done in a decade or something!