LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 139 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ShadyHawk182:
Sometimes the Hawk just likes to see the chickens cluck
Now i was the one who stirred up this history talk. Let me clarify what i meant.
Yes, overall, the 49ers history is worlds ahead of Seahawks, no argument there. From anyone.
BUT since we have gotten into the same division, when we became rivals, The niners have been good all of 2 years....
go back 2 years ago, the Niners were this lowly bottom feeder team who couldnt even win their division when the winner was a 7-9 Seahawks team.....(thats sad)
So dont make it sound like its a mighty niner franchise against pathetic Seahawks franchise. Because the Seahawks have OWNED the division the niners are in for the most part since they got there.
So now the seahawks are "overrated" ok,
When the Seahawks win, that just makes the niners that much more overrated, dont try to justify the loss by saying " oh the Seahawks are actually good " No. admit you are the overrated team who lost to what you call the "most overrated team in the NFL"
BTW, Pats, Bears, Packers, Vikings, the teams you're bragging about beating, Seahawks beat them too, i know mostly at home...but guess where the game Sunday is...

You're correct, the seahawks did beat those teams the 49ers beat as well. Also, the 49ers beat the Seahawks, the same team they are playing this Sunday. The 49ers, however, are not the same team that beat the Seahawks. They are better with Kap. Enjoy those memories of your great history, losing the superbowl and Steve Largent.
Now i was the one who stirred up this history talk. Let me clarify what i meant.
Yes, overall, the 49ers history is worlds ahead of Seahawks, no argument there. From anyone.
BUT since we have gotten into the same division, when we became rivals, The niners have been good all of 2 years....
go back 2 years ago, the Niners were this lowly bottom feeder team who couldnt even win their division when the winner was a 7-9 Seahawks team.....(thats sad)
So dont make it sound like its a mighty niner franchise against pathetic Seahawks franchise. Because the Seahawks have OWNED the division the niners are in for the most part since they got there.
When the Seahawks win, that just makes the niners that much more overrated, dont try to justify the loss by saying " oh the Seahawks are actually good " No. admit you are the overrated team who lost to what you call the "most overrated team in the NFL"
BTW, Pats, Bears, Packers, Vikings, the teams you're bragging about beating, Seahawks beat them too, i know mostly at home...but guess where the game Sunday is...

And if the Seahawks lose?
Originally posted by redpops:

You're correct, the seahawks did beat those teams the 49ers beat as well. Also, the 49ers beat the Seahawks, the same team they are playing this Sunday. The 49ers, however, are not the same team that beat the Seahawks. They are better with Kap. Enjoy those memories of your great history, losing the superbowl and Steve Largent.
they are always good for those bosworth memories too lol

False
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by E-49er:
SMH..Cowherd still has PAtriots as his #1 team followed by SEAHAWKS at #2 and Niners at #3.What a F'n hater. He is picking the Seahawks to beat the Niners this weekend too.

He's an idiot. I'm surprised he has the Seahawks ranked that high, he is the definition of ESPN EAST COAST BIAS

does anyone even listen to the herd?

I listen at work fairly frequently...he admits to being a riverchicken fan...he disses pete the cheat quite often actually
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

True. The first great draft bust in NFL history. The seahawks should thank Ryan Leaf and J'marcus Russell for letting most people forget about the great BOZ. Stone Cold was a pretty good movie though. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102984/

True. The first great draft bust in NFL history. The seahawks should thank Ryan Leaf and J'marcus Russell for letting most people forget about the great BOZ. Stone Cold was a pretty good movie though. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102984/

He was a great actor on and off the field
Originally posted by English:

If the Seahawks lose then its nothing right? I mean we are "overrated" after all?
Nothing to lose, everything to gain.
If the Seahawks lose then they will take care of business against the rams then we will see you in the playoffs.
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:
yeah i want the division title.. its what the players first goal is.. i don't even care about them being in the playoffs.. in fact i would rather them make it to the playoffs... because it helps give some credit to the NFCW

look, the fact that we're even talking playoffs with a rookie 3rd round pic is amazing to us... are we shooting for the stars , you better believe it.. do we believe in this team, absolutely... but in reality we more excited that we finally have a franchise qb (who we feel will be elite someday) that we can continue to build a championship caliber team around.. like carroll or not, he can put together a damn good team.. and like many of you, is suspect SF and SEA will be battling for several years to come for the division.. this next game will hopefully be the first of many epic battles

Agreed, b/c of the fierce competition between these two, the fast start of AZ and the even the Rams, the NFC West is starting to get some respect...how could they not with us whip'n up on all the East Coast teams IN THEIR HOME. Period. This will be an epic battle for a long time!
As a Seahawks fan, and a LSU fan... i get to be associated with BOZ and Jamarcus...awesome right?

Originally posted by hawker84:
it's not a jab but part of what you saying about the most opposing false starts...or were you trying to say that your Defense is that intimidating ?

no not at all,... i was saying the noise that stadium generates when the opposing team is on offense has generated more false starts than any other venue for several years in a row... that was a testiment to how hostile that stadium can be. was not talking trash in the least just a fact.

You seem like a true (humble) Hawk fan...one I'm guessing who's been a fan for many years. I was born and raised up in Seattle and remember the players: Easly, Zorn, Largent...even Bosworth. LOL. My family/friends are still huge Hawk fans and to those fans, I have all the respect in the world. No professional team (outside the Sounders and women's basketball) has won a championship there since 1979 when they were the Super Sonics. They are a truly cursed fan-base...need more proof? What happened when the Sonics left. What happened when the Hawks did make it to the Superbowl. The list goes on and on and on...it's never been a great sports town by any means save for soccer. Fans would get more riled up for the jumbo-tron hydroplane races then the actual game itself. In fact, it was such a poor fan-base that IT was the reason I became a Niner fan in the first place. All throughout the bipolar year's of the 70's and 80's, nobody went to games and many were subject to blackouts. So as a child, I grew up with what WAS on TV...and next regional coverage games shown were the Niner's through the 80's.

So to this day, to the true Hawk fans like my family/friends still up there, I tip my cap to your loyalty/devotion. But to the 90% of the transplant 12th Man Fans there now, I say "Eff you!" I also say "Thank you" to them for not existing yet as you were the true reason I became a Niner fan. I feel blessed enough to have grown up as a child watching THE greatest franchise in all of sports through the 80's and 90's.

Good luck this w/e Hawk fan and may the better team that day win. Either way, we'll meet again soon...

If the Seahawks lose then its nothing right? I mean we are "overrated" after all?
If the Seahawks lose then they will take care of business against the rams then we will see you in the playoffs.
No, I think that if the Seahawks lose Sunday night, they will not see the Niners again in the playoffs, because I don't think the Seahawks will get that far. They'll have to go on the road and.... well.... enough said.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

No, I think that if the Seahawks lose Sunday night, they will not see the Niners again in the playoffs, because I don't think the Seahawks will get that far. They'll have to go on the road and.... well.... enough said.
You never know, they might play the Cards or Bills on the road in the playoffs.
yahoo has them as 1/even favorites (SeaHawks)
Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by E-49er:
SMH..Cowherd still has PAtriots as his #1 team followed by SEAHAWKS at #2 and Niners at #3.What a F'n hater. He is picking the Seahawks to beat the Niners this weekend too.

He's an idiot. I'm surprised he has the Seahawks ranked that high, he is the definition of ESPN EAST COAST BIAS

does anyone even listen to the herd?

I listen at work fairly frequently...he admits to being a riverchicken fan...he disses pete the cheat quite often actually

I actually listen to him quite often, and his thing is he doesn't take any one game too much into consideration. He's been really high on the Seahawks for a while. He's been really low on the Falcons all season. I don't particularly agree with him on this but I don't think he's got the East Coast Bias.
Share 49ersWebzone