LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 148 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
how many superbowl trophies the hawks got? enough said. kiss the rings baby

Well, the Niners do have a 30 year head start
and, the Hawks aren't really that far off target history-wise...
~ the Niners made it to, and won, their first Super Bowl in their 36th season
~ the Hawks made it to, and lost, their first Super Bowl in their 30th season
this year is the Hawks 37th season - I guess they've got some catchin' up to do

history is history. who cares

Oh - I agree, "what have you done for me lately?" is much more important.
I was just pointing out that the first 30 years or so of each team wasn't that different...

In any case, this is shaping up to be one hell of a game ~ Sunday night can't get here fast enough

only loser franchises say history doesnt matter. it is a what have you done for me lately kind of league but in geral history matters a lot. thats what distinguishes the teams as legendary teams from losers like the vikings, bills, hawks, falcons, cardinals and tons of others
Originally posted by hawker84:
so i guess our victories over the pats, cowboys, vikings, bears, jets, etc... had nothing to do with why we're in the hunt.. i swear you can't make this stuff up.

im not discrediting your wins, but this last month was definitely set up for you guys to take a hold of that division title, but the niners won games even our own fan base though we were going to lose, not to mention the few that were actually hoping we'd lose. Like i said if it wasn't for the packers game you wouldn't be in the hunt. but that would also mean we would need packers to lose to get thefirst round bye so it all works out in the end.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
it's not a jab but part of what you saying about the most opposing false starts...or were you trying to say that your Defense is that intimidating ?

no not at all,... i was saying the noise that stadium generates when the opposing team is on offense has generated more false starts than any other venue for several years in a row... that was a testiment to how hostile that stadium can be. was not talking trash in the least just a fact.
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:
im not discrediting your wins, but this last month was definitely set up for you guys to take a hold of that division title, but the niners won games even our own fan base though we were going to lose, not to mention the few that were actually hoping we'd lose. Like i said if it wasn't for the packers game you wouldn't be in the hunt. but that would also mean we would need packers to lose to get thefirst round bye so it all works out in the end.

we'd be 8-6 .. that's still in the hunt, right?

and again, we have no control over the scheduling.. to be honest we were hoping for 1 maybe 2 victories in the first part of the season because our schedule was so tough.. Dallas, NE, SF , AZ started 4-0, Rams are always dangerous..

we felt if we could some how get through that first part in somewhat decent shape, the second half we could really make some noise... keep in mind we were starting a rookie who was playing in the rosebowl last year.. our hopes were high, our expectations were not... it went much better than any of us thought.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Dec 18, 2012 at 12:18 PM ]
only reason seattle is still in it is because the weak a** second half schedule of theirs... and if you factor in the packers game.. they would be 8-6, which should have made these games meaningless, other than 2nd seed implications, but it is what it is. Carroll and his boys are high off their own fumes, but thats how he'd want it they are going to need big heads. If they would have came to this game by barely beating the last two teams it wouldn't be so hyped, but im still not folding we have the better TEAM and unless we muff this game we are the champs

so i guess our victories over the pats, cowboys, vikings, bears, jets, etc... had nothing to do with why we're in the hunt.. i swear you can't make this stuff up.

Look, we beat you guy earlier this year, and now we'll just beat you again. Then you guys can pretend you're world beaters against some other team until you lose in the playoffs. End of story.

and again, we have no control over the scheduling.. to be honest we were hoping for 1 maybe 2 victories in the first part of the season because our schedule was so tough.. Dallas, NE, SF , AZ started 4-0, Rams are always dangerous..

we felt if we could some how get through that first part in somewhat decent shape, the second half we could really make some noise... keep in mind we were starting a rookie who was playing in the rosebowl last year.. our hopes were high, our expectations were not... it went much better than any of us thought.

I believe he means in the hunt for the division title. Not the playoffs.

oh yeah, i know your doing this with a rookie and that was what has impressed me very much up to this point. I do respect your team as a rival, but its no secret we had a hell of a schedule. to begin we had packers and lions back to back.. then the vikings(still mad how we looked in that game). and yes Russell Wilson is definitely balling and he's a great threat that you cannot discount, but i wouldn't say he's going to have the success he had that last few weeks. Our defense is just a different animal I'm thinking the only way Seattle is in it is if Lynch is "beasting" and if it is a low scoring game. Brady had to go into his superhuman mode to score against us..... in his own house!
Originally posted by daragon:

I believe he means in the hunt for the division title. Not the playoffs.

yeah i want the division title.. its what the players first goal is.. i don't even care about them being in the playoffs.. in fact i would rather them make it to the playoffs... because it helps give some credit to the NFCW
  • ace52
  • Veteran
I'm a little worried about this game actually.
Our team just went through an emotionally, physically draining game, and beat the AFC #1 team (I don't care what the standings say) in their own house.
It is very easy to have an emotional let-down in this upcoming game, and that is the last thing we can afford.
That team and their crowd are going to be jacked up for this game. We have to match their intensity or we may be in some trouble.
We can still win the NFCW even without winning in Seattle, but our road through the playoffs may potentially be much tougher.

We have to beat Seattle. I hope that Jim can get our team up for this game, and treat it like a play-off game.
yeah i want the division title.. its what the players first goal is.. i don't even care about them being in the playoffs.. in fact i would rather them make it to the playoffs... because it helps give some credit to the NFCW

look, the fact that we're even talking playoffs with a rookie 3rd round pic is amazing to us... are we shooting for the stars , you better believe it.. do we believe in this team, absolutely... but in reality we more excited that we finally have a franchise qb (who we feel will be elite someday) that we can continue to build a championship caliber team around.. like carroll or not, he can put together a damn good team.. and like many of you, is suspect SF and SEA will be battling for several years to come for the division.. this next game will hopefully be the first of many epic battles
[ Edited by hawker84 on Dec 18, 2012 at 12:55 PM ]

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest

49ers fans might be interested in Patriots perspective on SNF game via @MikeReiss and Bruschi podcast http://ow.ly/gcQGW
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest

49ers fans might be interested in Patriots perspective on SNF game via @MikeReiss and Bruschi podcast http://ow.ly/gcQGW

Summary
Sometimes the Hawk just likes to see the chickens cluck
Now i was the one who stirred up this history talk. Let me clarify what i meant.
Yes, overall, the 49ers history is worlds ahead of Seahawks, no argument there. From anyone.
BUT since we have gotten into the same division, when we became rivals, The niners have been good all of 2 years....
go back 2 years ago, the Niners were this lowly bottom feeder team who couldnt even win their division when the winner was a 7-9 Seahawks team.....(thats sad)
So dont make it sound like its a mighty niner franchise against pathetic Seahawks franchise. Because the Seahawks have OWNED the division the niners are in for the most part since they got there.
So now the seahawks are "overrated" ok,
When the Seahawks win, that just makes the niners that much more overrated, dont try to justify the loss by saying " oh the Seahawks are actually good " No. admit you are the overrated team who lost to what you call the "most overrated team in the NFL"
BTW, Pats, Bears, Packers, Vikings, the teams you're bragging about beating, Seahawks beat them too, i know mostly at home...but guess where the game Sunday is...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I want to smash Wilson.
Share 49ersWebzone