LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 168 users in the forums

Has the 2012 team played its best football yet?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Has the 2012 team played its best football yet?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Rams...Rams...Rams....

Get over it, the Rams play the division very tough just like we did back when we were still getting our act together. Get over it, they arent as bad as people think and they are actually very good against divisional opponents. Tired of hearing how we suck because of the Rams games.
its easy to say the other team is good when they tie you at home and beat you the second time around. that is just a coverup for saying we are not an elite team because we do not take care of bottom tier teams like the pats and hawks do. in other words,, denial. we did suck in the rams games and if we lose the division it is our own fault for not taking care of those games when we clearly had the chance to
  • ace52
  • Veteran
The answer to the original question is, IMO, no.
The OL can pass protect better than they've been doing in recent weeks, and they can certainly cut down on the holding penalties.
VD has not been as explosive this year as we all know he can be.
Kaep hasn't reached his full potential yet (and probably will not this year).
Our secondary still has coverage lapses that are quite fixable.
The play-calling can certainly be better to take advantage of Kaep's skills set and our offensive weapons.

Hopefully, we can put all the pieces together soon (starting this coming Sunday would be nice!)
Originally posted by cciowa:
its easy to say the other team is good when they tie you at home and beat you the second time around. that is just a coverup for saying we are not an elite team because we do not take care of bottom tier teams like the pats and hawks do. in other words,, denial. we did suck in the rams games and if we lose the division it is our own fault for not taking care of those games when we clearly had the chance to

No its backed by the fact they have a fantastic in division record this year....

We get CC we suck, your already preparing your "I told you so" dance for youtube....give it a rest already.
The topic was, "...Have we played our best football yet and the answer is NO!

We are WAY too talented to have peaked.

This isn't a criticism of players BUT an objective look at "PEAK" performance.

We're definitely NOT there yet.

When we get there there isn't any team in the NFL that will beat us.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Rams...Rams...Rams....

Get over it, the Rams play the division very tough just like we did back when we were still getting our act together. Get over it, they arent as bad as people think and they are actually very good against divisional opponents. Tired of hearing how we suck because of the Rams games.

Patriots lost to the cardinals at home, "only" beat the dolphins by 7, needed a last second interception to beat the bills, needed an overtime Sanchez fumble to beat the jets. Seahawks lost to the cardinals, the dolphins, and the rams. See what i did there? Added perspective. Amazing thing perspective is.
[ Edited by CUSEniners on Dec 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM ]
Hard to see us playing a better game than we did against the Bills (record setting) or the Bears or the Packers or the Lions or the Jets, so I voted yes. Plus, it already appears that Kap has peaked as a player. He had his best game against the Bears and has only gotten worse since then.
[ Edited by TinyHandsBigHeart on Dec 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM ]
The 9ers have tended to play to their competition this year, which is the last step in going from a great team to a truly dominant team. The Pats, more often than not, don't let opponents they should beat linger in games. In terms of this year, you can't beat the Bills, Jets, and Bears performances really. However, the team isn't getting turnovers and taking too many penalties on offense. Those are two areas that need improvement if a super bowl is in their future.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Big NO!. Based on Kap's upside.
if kaep can continue to get better the Niners will improve and peak by the playoffs. It is a lot to ask for a QB with 4 starts, but he is age 25, Alex was 21 I think. That makes a big difference.
  • Jiks
I sure hope not... We aint winning nothing if we have played our best game. Our best game thus far was against either The Bills, Bears, or Arizona. Not very good. Bears was a good game but Jason Campell straight up sucks, if Cutler was in there game probably would have been much closer.

IMO we need to play much better and Sunday is the time to start doing so.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I sure hope not... We aint winning nothing if we have played our best game. Our best game thus far was against either The Bills, Bears, or Arizona. Not very good. Bears was a good game but Jason Campell straight up sucks, if Cutler was in there game probably would have been much closer.

IMO we need to play much better and Sunday is the time to start doing so.

so true---last year the Monday night game against the Steelers, I think it was game 14 also, was when we really started thinking, this Niner team has a chance at the Super Bowl! This Pats game is a similar test, a much harder test.
Yes. It happened against Buffalo. As defenses see more film on Kaepernick his numbers are going down. We will play better next year under Kap, but our Superbowl dreams this year are looking shakier.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Hard to see us playing a better game than we did against the Bills (record setting) or the Bears or the Packers or the Lions or the Jets, so I voted yes. Plus, it already appears that Kap has peaked as a player. He had his best game against the Bears and has only gotten worse since then.

You really callin it quits on a second year QB after only 4 starts? Seems just a bit rash to me.
I hope not but am fearful Bills, Arizona or Chicago were the best this year. We'll see.
[ Edited by HornedToad10 on Dec 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM ]
Originally posted by KegBert:
You really callin it quits on a second year QB after only 4 starts? Seems just a bit rash to me.

I wouldn't say that. I just don't think he'll ever play better than he did against the Bears.
Share 49ersWebzone