LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Has the 2012 team played its best football yet?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Has the 2012 team played its best football yet?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
No way - no how.

We are definitely NOT hitting on all cylinders yet.

Too long in the huddle, way too many dropped passes, penalty killing drives, inconsistent Offensive game planning and the beat goes on.

I hope we can get it together by the playoffs.
i said all those things yesterday and got accused of creating drama. i guess those things you and i are worried about is just our imagination??

No...I just don't see them as insurmountable.

This team can improve and is doing so every week as Kaep encounters something different and he learns how to attack it.
ck is not an issue with me, its the plays they are calling for him along with other things i and others have mentioned that worry me. ck is the least of my worries
we are regressing as is evident by the last two games. if you can not see that, well i just do not know

...and the team was "regressing" last year as well.

Lost to Ravens in week 12, lost to Cards in week 14, and nearly lost the 2nd seed by almost getting upset by the Rams.

Keep it in perspective.
but we had a steeler team with a injured big ben we abused at home on monday night,, this year by comparison we go to the pats to play a team who is playing the best football in the nfl right now. subtle difference. i have more confidence in our ability to go beat seattle and it would be nice if the bills could give us a gift this sunday

...and the Niners completely dismantled the Bears on Monday Night. What's your point?

The Niners play to their competition. No news there.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we are regressing as is evident by the last two games. if you can not see that, well i just do not know

Lost to Ravens in week 12, lost to Cards in week 14, and nearly lost the 2nd seed by almost getting upset by the Rams.

Keep it in perspective.
but we had a steeler team with a injured big ben we abused at home on monday night,, this year by comparison we go to the pats to play a team who is playing the best football in the nfl right now. subtle difference. i have more confidence in our ability to go beat seattle and it would be nice if the bills could give us a gift this sunday

...and the Niners completely dismantled the Bears on Monday Night. What's your point?

well that does not make me feel better for two losses to the rams,, look what seattle did to arizona
no not at all..."team" meaning Offence Defense and ST...still can bring the penalties down...Offence can improve on pace..3rd downs..red zone..clock management..D can generate more turnovers...and ST...kickoff coverage is not very good and FG's are below average ...so we are a long ways from playing our best...

Keep it in perspective.

This, CK is only going to get better. He is the X factor. In Harbaugh we trust!

Keep it in perspective.

well that does not make me feel better for two losses to the rams,, look what seattle did to arizona

1 loss to the Rams....and they almost lost to the Rams LAST year WITHOUT Bradford.

I don't care what Seattle did to Arizona. Arizona is no better than a High School team right now because at this point they've simply given up. They are playing out the string and most of the vets are looking for an exit door.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:

Keep it in perspective.

This, CK is only going to get better. He is the X factor. In Harbaugh we trust!
it certainly is not roman we trust,, or i trust

Keep it in perspective.

1 loss to the Rams....and they almost lost to the Rams LAST year WITHOUT Bradford.

I don't care what Seattle did to Arizona. Arizona is no better than a High School team right now because at this point they've simply given up. They are playing out the string and most of the vets are looking for an exit door.
That isn't a good thing, last year they didn't have fisher or bradford and now we take a tie and lost, ok we lost twice it doesn't matter might as well call it that because it sure wasn't a win. The fact the teams really well coached now and ours seems to be drinking on the job "GREG ROMAN" Or he Smokes Weed before the game and during the half. That or he's fing bio polar because he go conser than balls lets do the dumbest play i have in the book!
hope not
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Keep it in perspective.

i am just saying we are supposed to be an elite team and yet we stumble around like the keystone cops in two losses( i know what the score of the first game was ) to the rams and a terrible first half effort at home vs a bottom tier. as compared to the hawks who played and defeated a bottom tier team like an elite team is supposed to do. we may have a slightly better record but we are not in any way shape or form at the level that seattle is. we are also not at the level of the pats who may be the best team in the nfl right now. also last year the key word for you is "ALMOST.. we did win the game which is unlike what we did this year.

i am just saying we are supposed to be an elite team and yet we stumble around like the keystone cops in two losses( i know what the score of the first game was ) to the rams and a terrible first half effort at home vs a bottom tier. as compared to the hawks who played and defeated a bottom tier team like an elite team is supposed to do. we may have a slightly better record but we are not in any way shape or form at the level that seattle is. we are also not at the level of the pats who may be the best team in the nfl right now. also last year the key word for you is "ALMOST.. we did win the game which is unlike what we did this year.

FWIW, I respect Seattle, but you're giving them WAY too much credit for dismantling a Cards team that clearly quit.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Dec 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

FWIW, I respect Seattle, but you're giving them WAY too much credit for dismantling a Cards that clearly quit.
they did what elite teams do to bottom tier teams,,, we stumbled around for two quarters against a bottom tier team. , the pats took apart one of the best teams and defenses in the nfl.. you do the math on how we are playing as compared to our next two foes. i for one am not looking to getting embarrased on national tv two sunday nights in a row in front of a chucklling niner hater collinsworth
they did what elite teams do to bottom tier teams,,, we stumbled around for two quarters against a bottom tier team. , the pats took apart one of the best teams and defenses in the nfl.. you do the math on how we are playing as compared to our next two foes. i for one am not looking to getting embarrased on national tv two sunday nights in a row in front of a chucklling niner hater collinsworth

If you believe Seattle is elite then, well i just do not know
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

If you believe Seattle is elite then, well i just do not know
they certainly are playing at a higher level than we are right now and what is happening now, is all that matters. what we did four weeks ago or two months ago means s**t.
Rams...Rams...Rams....

Get over it, the Rams play the division very tough just like we did back when we were still getting our act together. Get over it, they arent as bad as people think and they are actually very good against divisional opponents. Tired of hearing how we suck because of the Rams games.
Share 49ersWebzone