There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Have we dominated a good to very good team like the Pats did these past two years?

Originally posted by HOF49er:
With young inexperience CK as the QB for the rest of the season, the 49ers aren't going to dominate any good team, needless to say any great team in the play-offs, thus an early exit.

Uh huh, this sounds like a haterism to me,,,,any evidence??? or do you need to have Joe Montana To dominate a good team just because you say so, could have sworn an inexperienced Brady Led the Pats to a Superbowl behind a pretty good defense
Originally posted by SportsFan:
They have played no one. The good teams they have played, Patriots and Packers, roasted them.

You sure you still aren't drinking from Sunday

Hmm they roasted the Ravens who are a good team, they also beat the Broncos with Manning also a good team... so while they lost (badly) to 2 very good team they have also beaten at least 2 other very good teams.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
oh no i completely agree on that point. i think were in the Houston Categoy though. Were not an explosive offense so we win by controlling the game. Houston and us are unique in the league that our overall teams are elite even if our QBs arent, which help us win games our own way. controlling the game and then taking the kill shot when its completely safe. If we tried to push the ball down the field early and lose the ball in the process wed be behind the eightball quick and we just cannot come back.

Hell if our defense falters we fail. period. Minn, StL, Giants have all taught us that.

hmm you say Houston a elite team, but I see so many saying they are not now since they got destroyed by NE.. hmmm
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Have the Pats dominated a really good team? Didn't the Jags put up like 40 on the Texans? I wouldn't consider the Texans a great team right now.



So you're saying that the Texans are not a really good team based off of one game WHICH THEY WON?

Could you give us other examples of why you think they're not a really good team right now?

They have played no one. The good teams they have played, Patriots and Packers, roasted them.

You sure you still aren't drinking from Sunday


eh dunno about that. they destroyed the Ravens who killed us in prime time, and beat the Broncos with Manning. Houston are legit. They wont do anything against the Pats in the AFC but theyre legit.

Im not saying we need them i was just wondering if we had any straight blowout victories over an elite opponent.
Originally posted by SaksV:
THIS.


And this.... The Patriots, Packers, Giants and Saints all rely heavily on the "quick score" of their offenses similar to the Rams of 99-2004....
Neither play amazing defense but if you're up 21-0 in the 2nd quarter, you have a good chance of your opponent making several mistakes in desperation.

Conversely, we're not built that way but I strongly believe we COULD put up points in a heartbeat. And our D makes us more likely to win any game... shootout or slugfest, I feel the 49ers and Broncos can survive either style.
this im not sure i agree with. I read an article on NFL.com and saw this about them

"The Texans know that against good teams -- the explosive teams, the kinds of teams they must outlast in the postseason -- they have to play at their pace, set the tempo early and jump out to a quick lead. Why must the Texans start fast? Because, from their system to their personnel, they're designed to play from in front. Their offensive line is built for the play-action pass. When they get behind or face a long third down, they struggle; they have a hard time handling power rushers and keeping the pocket firm and clean.......

Houston's offense is most effective in manageable down-and-distance situations, when the Texans can utilize the threat of Arian Foster running or their well-designed screen game to keep opposing defenses on their heels.

Starting quickly also allows the Texans' pass rushers -- most notably J.J. Watt -- to become a bigger factor. Houston's pass rush can create turnovers, but more importantly, it forces opposing offenses to win one-on-one matchups on the outside."

Just replace their star players names with ours at respective position and it sounds awfully accurate characetization of our team. I dont think were nearly as explosive an offense like NE, GB, NO, DET... those guys can put up points in a heart beat in any situation. Us we NEED to control the clock, control the game. The only time i remember us putting points on the board in a hurry was the Divisional game NO.

Are you on crack? We lost by 10, in a game that we a defensive battle; with a holding call that cost us a huge touchdown. We definitely weren't killed by the Ravens....
[ Edited by Lott49ersFan on Dec 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM ]
We can make a team like the Pats panic by not allowing them to sprint and create any separation in the score. This is a team that is not very comfortable if they struggle early and the score is close.

They do have a very productive run game but it is not the anchor of their offense. They run because they pass so well.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We can make a team like the Pats panic by not allowing them to sprint and create any separation in the score. This is a team that is not very comfortable if they struggle early and the score is close.

They do have a very productive run game but it is not the anchor of their offense. They run because they pass so well.

We beat a DIVISION foe in a low scoring defensive battle just 2 weeks ago. They have a good D, not as good as SF but they also see NE 2 times a year so they know our O well... So the Pats can win the low scoring games, just isnt the norm for them... (although I have faith this D can keep almost all teams under 20 points now and with our O that usually should be good enough.)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,910
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by HOF49er:
With young inexperience CK as the QB for the rest of the season, the 49ers aren't going to dominate any good team, needless to say any great team in the play-offs, thus an early exit.

Uh huh, this sounds like a haterism to me,,,,any evidence??? or do you need to have Joe Montana To dominate a good team just because you say so, could have sworn an inexperienced Brady Led the Pats to a Superbowl behind a pretty good defense
this sounds like a legit concern the man has. that does not mean he has to be a hater you know. you can have, what you feel, is a legit concern or an opinion and still be a fan of the team you know
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Are you on crack? We lost by 10, in a game that we a defensive battle; with a holding call that cost us a huge touchdown. We definitely weren't killed by the Ravens....

not on crack. That was the 1st time all season we got beat up in the fourth. kinda what we do to most teams. they rolled up rushing yards with a 7.0 passing avg. we got our guy sacked 9 times....9 times..and we got to their guy...never. we were 2-12 third downs. they were 7 -15. it wasnt a blowout by any means but if u dont think that was the first time we got hit in the mouth hard by another team, then im thinkin maybe you on crack.
[ Edited by ruthless49er on Dec 14, 2012 at 7:55 AM ]
Originally posted by PatsFanNH:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
oh no i completely agree on that point. i think were in the Houston Categoy though. Were not an explosive offense so we win by controlling the game. Houston and us are unique in the league that our overall teams are elite even if our QBs arent, which help us win games our own way. controlling the game and then taking the kill shot when its completely safe. If we tried to push the ball down the field early and lose the ball in the process wed be behind the eightball quick and we just cannot come back.

Hell if our defense falters we fail. period. Minn, StL, Giants have all taught us that.

hmm you say Houston a elite team, but I see so many saying they are not now since they got destroyed by NE.. hmmm


thats a lotta tv pundits doing most of the hot air. They think houston is like the falcons. way different stories imho. either way if you guys go into this game were like either teh falcons or houston, itll be a very long day in foxborough for Brady. Check it. if you guys put up 21 on us or anything similar within the first quarter half, the game is yours. If scores are close into mid third quarter, or if we go up by two scores on you guys. I dont care how great Brady is hes gonna get killed tryina come back.

If you guys follow the Giants and Vikings game plan im pretty sure you guys want to start fast and keep the foot on the gas throughout the first quarter.
[ Edited by ruthless49er on Dec 14, 2012 at 8:01 AM ]
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Are you on crack? We lost by 10, in a game that we a defensive battle; with a holding call that cost us a huge touchdown. We definitely weren't killed by the Ravens....

not on crack. That was the 1st time all season we got beat up in the fourth. kinda what we do to most teams. they rolled up rushing yards with a 7.0 passing avg. we got our guy sacked 9 times....9 times..and we got to their guy...never. we were 2-12 third downs. they were 7 -15. it wasnt a blowout by any means but if u dont think that was the first time we got hit in the mouth hard by another team, then im thinkin maybe you on crack.

It definitely wasn't a pretty game. They may have had a decent passing avg but, that's only because they couldn't run the ball, they ran 35 times for 92 yards, averaging 2.6 a carry. A lot of teams put up decent numbers passing last year because nobody could run the ball. Defense played well in the game, offense didn't do s**t. Also, like I stated before, we had the huge TD called back by holding, and Smith threw a pick in the endzone...
...