LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Damn the Patriots are getting every single break in the Texans game. Fumbled ball rolls right into Lloyds hands in the endzone.

Sure. But... they are also kicking their asses. In my opinion New England is the best team in the league right now.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
CK legs will be the difference the 27th ranked Pats D will be DOOMED! Matt Schaub is a statue back there easy to get to!

He's going to need more than his legs to beat New England. He has to play like an intellectually elite QB. I don't see that happening. I'm worried the Patriots are going to rape us. (Reverse jinx?)

With our D we just need him to protect the ball
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
texans are way overated , they haven't played anyone that good this year, 49ers will give the pats way more of a fight. I'm not confident we win this one or not but i know it will be a close competitive game, unlike tonights.

You nailed it. The Texans come up short the second half of the season every year. Not tough enough. Something no one questions the 49ers about.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I want Kap to be great. But for this game, we stand a better chance with Alex than Kap.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The Patriots are pwning the Texans right now. A little concerning that the Texans have defended the run well, but Brady is still able to do what he wants through the air. Then again, the Texans' D hasn't been the same since the Jaguars game. Perhaps they've been exposed in some way. Hopefully our D is better suited to take on the Pats.

It all comes down to the pass rush. Literally the entire game rests on the 49ers consistently being able to pressure Brady in the same fashion that they pressured Eli in the 2nd half of the NFC Championship Game last year. Houston has not been able to consistently pressure Brady and he's killed them. Aldon, Justin and the rest need to double up on the Wheaties next Sunday because they're going to have to come after Brady hard all game next week for the 49ers to be able to stop this ridiculous offense,
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
pats look unstoppable right now.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The Patriots are pwning the Texans right now. A little concerning that the Texans have defended the run well, but Brady is still able to do what he wants through the air. Then again, the Texans' D hasn't been the same since the Jaguars game. Perhaps they've been exposed in some way. Hopefully our D is better suited to take on the Pats.

It is. But on the flipside the Texans D has been pretty weak the last little while. losing Cushing has hurt them big time.

I think we need to run, run and run. Burn the clock and keep the ball out of Brady's hands. He will destroy our secondary if he has all day.

Our guys usually get up for big games so I think we'll bring our A game. Just hope it's enough.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I want Kap to be great. But for this game, we stand a better chance with Alex than Kap.

You know, I have to agree, but in the long run Kaep needs the experience in this kind of situation if he's going to be the answer.
I think LaMichael James could play a crucial role next week, he's the type of RB that could give their defense some issues. I really hope that Roman has been calling s**tty games lately all because he's been saving up plays for this game, the following week against Seattle and the playbooks, he'll need something up his sleeve to move the ball down the field regularly with time-consuming drives that keep Brady on the bench.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
pats look unstoppable right now.

Yep they do

Harb better bring the A game

No cutesy stuff

We win this one while exposing the Texans.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Don't Agree. Especially not if it's raining.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
CK legs will be the difference the 27th ranked Pats D will be DOOMED! Matt Schaub is a statue back there easy to get to!

He's going to need more than his legs to beat New England. He has to play like an intellectually elite QB. I don't see that happening. I'm worried the Patriots are going to rape us. (Reverse jinx?)

Do you think AS is an intellectual QB (on the field)? I get the feeling you think AS would somehow be better vs NE than CK, which I find downright laughable. There's not a damn thing AS does that CK can't in terms of throwing the ball. He's been more accurate on mid-deep passes, has better timing with his WRs, and has been just as careful about where he throws.

You also forget that we have a spectacular defense that will not get beat up and down the field the way the Texans are.

Chill out on the "OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING BC CK IS NOW OUR QB" talk.
Do the Pats know how to defend a flea-flicker? If not, we should be able to beat them.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YungAce:
Don't Agree. Especially not if it's raining.

if it's raining, it'll be snowing cuz it's cold than a muthaf**ka over there.
Share 49ersWebzone