LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can we please put Cully on Welled? I'm tired of watching Rogers get burnt by small, shifty receivers. I'm looking at you Fangio .
Remember this is the same Texans team that got blown out by GB. They're overrated, like the Falcons. The real elite teams are the 49ers, Giants, Pats, Broncos, and Packers.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Dec 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM ]
Patriots look scary good tonight
Originally posted by dave1003:
I believe our recipe for success is to have long sustained drives with a heavy dose of gore and LMJ with short to intermediate passes mixed in. Our team isn't built to get in a shoot out. We have to control the clock and keep Brady off the field. Basically what we did against Green Bay. If we follow that blue print and not turn the ball over we win the game period.

Don't forget New Orleans. The Saints offense was off the field for 25 minutes at one point. Time for Harbaugh and Roman to show their stuff.
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
Kaep will have to play like he did against the bears for the 49ers to win. Hopefully Moss is motivated and they leave him in single coverage for kaep to exploit. Toughest test of the season for SF.

I think the toughest test will be at Seattle at this time of the year with a few dings of our own but we can beat both these guys if we play our game. We have the best defense and an offense that imposes itself upon you to stay on the field put up points then force you to hurry up pass and give the ball right back to us so we can do it all over again. Teams have to play our game to have a chance against us and the only team this season that have done so have been MIN NYG STL and SEA. 2 of those opponents we just weren't ready for this strategy but I know we are now. Patriots play their game then they play into what we want from them. The winner of this game will be the team that runs controls TOP wins TO battle and plays the best defense. I like our chances in both games but even mores vs NE in NE
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Who will cover Hernandez and Welker come Sunday? Those two are the ones that worry me....Lloyd not so much, after Goldson lays the wood.

Rogers is gonna get burned

Im afraid of that happening.

We need to punish their wr every time they catch the ball, like we did to the Saints.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Been nice if Moss would have made that catch yesterday one handed like Stallworth just did.

Moss had the defender pulling on his arm

Stallworth's was more of a bobble.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Been nice if Moss would have made that catch yesterday one handed like Stallworth just did.

Moss had the defender pulling on his arm
Stallworth had the same thing and made the catch with one arm as the defender was holding his arm which was my point.
We're going to get blown away...
Originally posted by Kolohe:
They need to get Moss involved more period!!!! Moss is solid on slants and post routes, shields defenders easily from the ball on those routes.

I agree, when Kaep threw back to back completions to Moss I thought this may be the start of something. Crabtree has turned into a hungry receiver, who would've thought.

The Seahawks could beat the Patriots at their house and 49ers can't?

Some of you guys are really delusional.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
They need to get Moss involved more period!!!! Moss is solid on slants and post routes, shields defenders easily from the ball on those routes.

I agree, when Kaep threw back to back completions to Moss I thought this may be the start of something. Crabtree has turned into a hungry receiver, who would've thought.
Against the Rams we could have thrown that 5 to 10 yard quick out or slant to Moss all day but for some reason didn't
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Against the Rams we could have thrown that 5 to 10 yard quick out or slant to Moss all day but for some reason didn't

I know it's weird thinking about why the hell we didn't try it.
texans are way overated , they haven't played anyone that good this year, 49ers will give the pats way more of a fight. I'm not confident we win this one or not but i know it will be a close competitive game, unlike tonights.
I hope so. These last few games have been extremely hard for me to watch. So frustrating with play calling, penalties, and not using our best players like Vernon Davis.
Share 49ersWebzone